Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk is more hydrating that water?
Learn something new every day....

Now I don't actually get the science behind this...and I'm skeptical because it's CNN...but as someone who will casually drink milk when thirsty, I can support this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/health/best-drinks-for-hydration-wellness/index.html
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:56 AM)basballguy Wrote: Learn something new every day....

Now I don't actually get the science behind this...and I'm skeptical because it's CNN...but as someone who will casually drink milk when thirsty, I can support this.  

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/health/best-drinks-for-hydration-wellness/index.html

There have definitely been studies that have suggested this may be true, but more research is needed. Here is a link to an article from Harvard that goes over the studies. 
Reply/Quote
Well, it is what they drink after the Indy 500.

Reminds me of the young Private who would put milk in his canteen at breakfast. He got a few cool drinks early in the AM, but around lunchtime, he'd have to throw his canteen away. Seems it happened at least once every time we went to the field.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 10:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, it is what they drink after the Indy 500.

Reminds me of the young Private who would put milk in his canteen at breakfast. He got a few cool drinks early in the AM, but around lunchtime, he'd have to throw his canteen away. Seems it happened at least once every time we went to the field.

Milk in a canteen? That’s gross.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 45c47fda718630e0b2d67a61fdd9d70c.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but trying to run or do anything physical with milk as your main source of hydration is gonna be rough on the gut.
Reply/Quote
Chocolate milk gets rid of my headaches most of the time.
Reply/Quote
Guess what folks.. We didn't evolve to digest cows milk. If we did we would be saying moo instead of human speech and be typing with hooves.  We just happen to be able to digest it for the most part, but millions of people simply can't. It's constipating for millions more people and causes phlegm in the lungs for millions of others.
You cud chewers keep on drinking cows milk.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 10:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Guess what folks.. We didn't evolve to digest cows milk. If we did we would be saying moo instead of human speech and be typing with hooves.  We just happen to be able to digest it for the most part, but millions of people simply can't. It's constipating for millions more people and causes phlegm in the lungs for millions of others.
You cud chewers keep on drinking cows milk.  ThumbsUp

When you think about it….millions of people in a population of billions is so fractional. Give me that cow boobie drink any day
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Only science I know is I craved milk as a kid after ball games. Later as an adult after a hangover.

Likely has something to do with the sugar
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 01:54 AM)basballguy Wrote: When you think about it….millions of people in a population of billions is so fractional.  Give me that cow boobie drink any day

I dunno.. Lactose intolerance seems to be a big buzzword anymore. You're probably one of those gluten free freaks too.. lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was just thinking about better ways to stay hydrated so finding this thread was timely.

I am surprised the article didn't mention Gatorade and drinks like that. Though I guess that would be covered in drinks with sugar? I guess some sugar and even a little salt can help with liquid absortion.

Reply/Quote
There's a rumor that clean drinking water tends to hydrate some people. Of course you gotta drink it, but it's always so..I dunno..watery.. That watery part probably has something to do with it having so much water in it.. Just boil it. It'll eventually thicken up.  

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:56 AM)basballguy Wrote: Learn something new every day....

They've said known for more than 20 years, to drink chocolate milk after football practice and games.  I asked why chocolate, and they said, "Just taste to get the younger kids to get into the habit of drinking it."
Reply/Quote