Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk's Mock Draft 1.0
After the conference championships and us knowing where most of the teams will be drafting, I decided to do a Bengals Mock Draft.

Round 1: Reuben Foster, ILB: Alabama

[Image: reubenfoster.jpg]

Foster is a very nice linebacker with incredible tackling and decent coverage of tight-ends and wide receivers. He would be a dream scenario to team up with Burfict to create a tackling and coverage linebacking corps that we need desperately. We suck at covering tight ends and making tackles and miss a lot of tackles, Foster would help a TON!

Round 2: Taco Charlton, DE: Michigan

[Image: 3143960.jpg]

We need pass rushers and Charlton would be a great addition to the rotation (or a replacement for Michael Johnson), I know some may want to take a DE in the 1st but I feel like this draft is deep at the pass rushing category.

Round 3: Tyler Orlosky, C: WVU

[Image: BMQ_8750-e1432620675191.jpg?x63433]

Decent blocker that isn't the most athletic but makes plays by being aggressive and standing his point. We need a replacement for bodine soon and Orlosky could be that.

Round 4: Isaiah Ford, WR: Virginia Tech

[Image: isaiah-ford-catch-pitt.jpg]
Someone who could be our #2 or #3 if we don't resign Brandon LaFell, a bit inconsistent but can make deep plays and has the ability to go up and get it.

Round 5: D'Onta Foreman, RB: Texas

[Image: GettyImages-497140296.jpg]

A deep running back class has us somehow getting lucky and getting Foreman who has a great change of direction and can be our RB1 from day one if Gio isn't healed and Hill isn't the guy.

Round 6: Zane Gonzalez, K

[Image: 6_2960337.jpg]
Someone who can compete for the Kicker spot and maybe be our starting kicker.

Round 7: Chad Kelly, QB: Ole Miss

[Image: chadkelly.jpg]
Went down in draft rankings due to injury, could see him be a decent addition if we end up trading McCarron.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Love it! I'm with you on waiting until the 2nd for a DE. Don't think there will be any worth the 9th pick, and think there will definitely be 1-2 good ones at our 2nd pick because of the depth. Grabbing a difference maker like Foster then a good value DE in 2 is the way to go imo

Ford and Foreman in 4-5 would be steals but I think they both go 1-2 rounds earlier. I really like Kelly as a development QB. Has all the physical tools, played in a tough conference and at times looks like a star. Inconsistency is my issue with him and that can definitely be worked on while he sits behind andy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Foreman not making it into the 5th unless he runs a 5 second 40 at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Love it! I'm with you on waiting until the 2nd for a DE. Don't think there will be any worth the 9th pick, and think there will definitely be 1-2 good ones at our 2nd pick because of the depth. Grabbing a difference maker like Foster then a good value DE in 2 is the way to go imo

Ford and Foreman in 4-5 would be steals but I think they both go 1-2 rounds earlier. I really like Kelly as a development QB. Has all the physical tools, played in a tough conference and at times looks like a star. Inconsistency is my issue with him and that can definitely be worked on while he sits behind andy

(01-23-2017, 05:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Foreman not making it into the 5th unless he runs a 5 second 40 at the combine.

I did this on First-Pick, they had them there so I took the advantage.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:23 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I did this on First-Pick, they had them there so I took the advantage.

That's a no brainer. That would be a good draft. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's a no brainer. That would be a good draft. 

Yeah, I like how it turned out Big Grin

Reply/Quote
Ive been going back and forth on taking a QB, with the impending trade of AJ. Kelly seems likely but could be another hot head like Ryan Mallett.

Id take a serious look at Gunner Kiel in the 7th or as a UDFA. Great prospect who kind of screwed around at UC.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ive been going back and forth on taking a QB, with the impending trade of AJ. Kelly seems likely but could be another hot head like Ryan Mallett.

Id take a serious look at Gunner Kiel in the 7th or as a UDFA. Great prospect who kind of screwed around at UC.

I've been looking at Jerod Evans from VTech recently too, he's got the athletic ability and played decent at VT (I'm a VT fan) for starting for one year. I think he's got potential and just needs to expand on his throwing.

Reply/Quote