Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Pursue?
(09-13-2019, 11:44 AM)thillan Wrote: I debated this as well, but ultimately I view him as more of a “really want to have” than need to have. Come draft time, I think we have the potential of a high pick, and would look at other positions first.

I get your view though, and if they did it, I wouldn’t be 100% against it. But a 2nd? Yes yes yes

Whomever we pick with our first round pick will just get injured anyway.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dennard and a 3rd round pick for Fitzpatrick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't like Minkah for a couple reasons.

#1: He stole/ tried to steal "Fitzmagic" from Ryan

#2: When's the last time a 1st RD Bama DB lived up to their first round status? I remember when everybody in the draft forum wanted Milner. I'm not sure he's still in the league.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Would Fitzpatrick play here?

Williams, Bates, and Fej are all pretty good safeties.

I do like Fitzpatrick...I just think we have to evaluate if we'd use him.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 12:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Would Fitzpatrick play here?

Anywhere but the current Dolphins has got to look pretty good, I'd say.  I know it's only one game, but the 2019 Dolphins look like an XFL team.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 12:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Would Fitzpatrick play here?

Williams, Bates, and Fej are all pretty good safeties.

I do like Fitzpatrick...I just think we have to evaluate if we'd use him.

He's listed as a Nickle Back on the Dolphin's Depth Chart.  That's why I suggested offering Dennard and a 3rd for him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
pretty brazen of the Ravens running a fake punt on 4th and 3 up 30 midwayish through the 3rd not to be outdone Belichek calls timeout with opponent driving out side the redzone with 10 seconds remaining up 30 to 3
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure we need another CB unless Dennard is gonna be out longer than expected....  Need to throw some of that money at LB

Winner! Fitzpatrick has potential, but that position group is solid. I expect a lot of LBs in camp next season.
Reply/Quote
With Dre and Minka, we will have an Afrish backfield.

Or is it Irican?

Or is it Afrimerish?

So many permutations!

Could add Alabama to African American Irish.
Reply/Quote
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and Phins are my favorite 2nd team to the Bengals. The guy is a stud, but our team has a lot of other positional issues that need to be addressed, so it's a no from me.

BTW anyone coming to Sunny South Florida in December for the game when we play the Phins?
Reply/Quote
They could use IOL...why not Fitzpatrick for Price?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was actually just thinking about this scenario before the news broke that he wanted to be traded. I saw an article that alleged that many players from Miami wanted to be traded out. He was the 1st one that popped in my mind.

I don't know about a 1st, however a 2nd or 3rd or even a conditional 3rd would easily have me making the swap. To sweeten the deal I would throw in a player... B.W. Webb or Shawn Williams are 2 that come to mind.

The issues are that he wants to play CB. Many see him as a Safety. As a Safety he would rather play FS and not SS. With Bates playing FS, would Fitz be willing to continue playing SS? Can Bates transition to SS? Could they both be swapped out, and play SS or FS, depending on the play?

I will say on paper though, Bates and Fitzpatrick is more appealing than Bates and Williams. If we could keep Williams and send Webb, then I would be even more intrigued. Of course that is on paper.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could use IOL...why not Fitzpatrick for Price?

I would say we should be trying to acquire more OL not trade them away.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would say we should be trying to acquire more OL not trade them away.

OT I agree with, but I think we have a glut of IOL.

The main idea was because Price isn't a starter anymore and I figured Fitzpatrick would come in as the starting nickel CB.
Although maybe that'd be better suited for an offseason move next year if Fitzpatrick is still in MIA, as the Bengals would probably need Price's experience at C if Hopkins went down vs putting Jordan there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dennard and a 3rd round pick for Fitzpatrick.

I get that the Dolphins are tanking this year but why would they trade for a guy who can't play until midseason and is a free agent at the end of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:34 PM)pally Wrote: I get that the Dolphins are tanking this year but why would they trade for a guy who can't play until midseason and is a free agent at the end of the season

I had forgotten that he only signed a one year deal.  Forget that idea..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reports say Dolphins want multiple high round picks for him. No thanks. He had 80 tackles and 2 picks last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:10 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh, I couldn't get them a 2nd fast enough for him. I'd strap it to Phidippides' back and have him haul ass to SF. 

I might even give him a plane ticket.

Hate him to die again, and it's a lot longer than 26 miles to Miami.

Come to think of it, I might actually pay for his ticket...
Reply/Quote
Minkah Fitzpatrick was one of the best slot corners in the league last year. He is worth at least a second round pick maybe even multiple picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I say yes. Not sure Dennard is going to be back and only has one year contract. Shawn Williams has two years left on his contract, not sure Bengals will renew. I say grab him. I think will draft a CB next draft so why not this kid?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote