Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Pursue?
No. No need. We have other issues and getting a player in a position we don't need, and have depth at.... it is just wasting money. just because a name is recognizable doesn't mean that every team needs that player.

OT and LBs... or even better IOL...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 08:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I say yes.  Not sure Dennard is going to be back and only has one year contract.  Shawn Williams has two years left on his contract, not sure Bengals will renew.  I say grab him.  I think will draft a CB next draft so why not this kid?

I agree, he's worth a pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Does Minkah Fitzpatrick upgrade the Bengals’ secondary? That’s the only important question.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Does Minkah Fitzpatrick upgrade the Bengals’ secondary?  That’s the only important question.

yes... send them a second as it wouldnt surprise me if we went corner in the draft early next year.
Reply/Quote
You know they will want a 1st and more. We need a tackle and a LB
Reply/Quote
Heck, the Bengals have players on the roster now who would make pretty decent trade bait without the need to use up draft picks.
Whether the phins would want to go that route is another story. I can't think of a single Bengal who would be super thrilled to suddenly be with the phins though."We value you enough to trade you to a really crappy team with almost no future.." That would be thrilling, eh?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:44 AM)thillan Wrote: I debated this as well, but ultimately I view him as more of a “really want to have” than need to have. Come draft time, I think we have the potential of a high pick, and would look at other positions first.

I get your view though, and if they did it, I wouldn’t be 100% against it. But a 2nd? Yes yes yes

these "what if posts " are fun..but  we all know mb and Co never make deals like this....
we can only dream and watch other teams make moves to improve. I think the guy would be a great addition back there. I feel like Dennard maybe already used goods. ...I actually forgot he was still on the team!  Prove me wrong ZT,,and make it happen! A 2nd rounder for a proven young talent is worth it looking at our past track record on drafting.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 11:44 AM)kalibengal Wrote: these "what if posts " are fun..but  we all know mb and Co never make deals like this....
we can only dream and watch other teams make moves to improve. I think the guy would be a great addition back there. I feel like Dennard maybe already used goods. ...I actually forgot he was still on the team!  Prove me wrong ZT,,and make it happen! A 2nd rounder for a proven young talent is worth it looking at our past track record on drafting.  

It's still fun to speculate.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind too much. If this whole Zac Taylor thing holds up and Andy is truly rejuvenated, then I see our major needs as offensive tackle and possibly DB. It's getting to be about that time regarding taking a first round corner with this team. Anarumo is supposed to be a secondary guy, so it might be a nice get.

Highly unlikely, though. Sounds like Dallas is pretty into him.
Reply/Quote
As long as we're playing the "What if" game what if Denard demands a trade to the Dolphins and is willing to pay out of his own pocket the difference in pay for the next 50 years to get the guy on the Bengals? 
What if is always fun..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
traded to the Steelers for their 2020 1st rounder

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Traded to the Steelers for a 1st

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055920/article/dolphins-s-minkah-fitzpatrick-traded-to-steelers

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Traded to the Steelers for a 1st

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055920/article/dolphins-s-minkah-fitzpatrick-traded-to-steelers

That may be a high first rounder too with Ben's injury.  Miami is certainly stacked with first rounders next April.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:24 PM)pally Wrote: traded to the Steelers for their 2020 1st rounder

I got an idea who will be a wanted team in the Official 2020 Mock Draft Thread. 2 1sts and 2 2nds. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Your QB goes down with a major injury at 37-years old... and you lose your 1st rd pick the next day. The QB market is worse than the OT market. I wonder if this spells the disaster for the Steelers in the next few years
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got an idea who will be a wanted team in the Official 2020 Mock Draft Thread. 2 1sts and 2 2nds. 

I wonder if he'll have to pass the Official Team Head-Hunting Certification Exam, or if he'll get fast-tracked with the Cliff's Notes and a tutoring from team veterans.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got an idea who will be a wanted team in the Official 2020 Mock Draft Thread. 2 1sts and 2 2nds. 

Dolphins have three 1st rd picks.... Dolphins + Texans (for the LT) + Steelers (for the DB)
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:54 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Your QB goes down with a major injury at 37-years old... and you lose your 1st rd pick the next day. The QB market is worse than the OT market. I wonder if this spells the disaster for the Steelers in the next few years

Doubtful. Rudolph will end up being the next Big Ben. Watt and Bush will be stars on defense. I’ve learned the hard way too many times not to count that franchise out.

Reply/Quote
Steelers also gave a 5th rounder in 2020 and a 6th in 2021 and received a 2020 4th and a 2021 5th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doubtful. Rudolph will end up being the next Big Ben. Watt and Bush will be stars on defense. I’ve learned the hard way too many times not to count that franchise out.

Eh, it's not like they've been lighting up the league lately.  Theyve missed on quite a few 1st rounders and they don't have a great culture anymore.  I think they very easily could regret making this deal.  They will more than likely finish around 8-8 and be out of range for a QB.
Reply/Quote