Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Pursue?
(09-17-2019, 12:46 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Eh, it's not like they've been lighting up the league lately.  Theyve missed on quite a few 1st rounders and they don't have a great culture anymore.  I think they very easily could regret making this deal.  They will more than likely finish around 8-8 and be out of range for a QB.

They don’t need a QB. Rudolph will replace Ben. And if they’re 8-8 Miami won’t be getting a top pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Their WR's look pretty bad outside of Juju, but you can double him and slow him down.

I would not have made this move.

But, they must feel like they can win 7-8 games without Ben OR they really like Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh looked like an 8-8 team with Ben. Without him they are a 5-6 win team and I am guessing that pick will be a top 10 pick. Remember that back ups off the bench always look better than they do the next week they are forced into being a full time starter. Rudolph will have a rough outing this week is my guess.
Reply/Quote
Pitt isn't going 8-8.

Dolphins get their top 10 pick.

I applaud the Steelers move.

In the mean time we are starting players who have been out of the league and out of position at LT while one sits waiting to be traded and could probably be had for a 3rd round pick.

And MB wonders why the stadium is empty and the faith in the Bengals is as bad as it's been since the 90's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Steelers are making this move because the 2-0 Ravens are a Lamar Jackson injury away from division being wide open. Browns offensive line is more of a dumpster fire than ours is.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:41 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Steelers are making this move because the 2-0 Ravens are a Lamar Jackson injury away from division being wide open. Browns offensive line is more of a dumpster fire than ours is.

You make it sound like the steelers care about winning, enough to make such moves.
Reply/Quote
Poor Minkah. He went from one 0-2 team to another 0-2 team.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:54 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Your QB goes down with a major injury at 37-years old... and you lose your 1st rd pick the next day. The QB market is worse than the OT market. I wonder ifhope this spells the disaster for the Steelers in the next few years

Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You make it sound like the steelers care about winning, enough to make such moves.

It is pretty wacky that the Steelers and Patriots and other such franchises are making moves to fill holes or just plain add pieces they "don't need" while we are here already formulating the reason why we have no real shot to succeed for the 5th year in a row or so.

(09-16-2019, 11:54 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Your QB goes down with a major injury at 37-years old... and you lose your 1st rd pick the next day. The QB market is worse than the OT market. I wonder if this spells the disaster for the Steelers in the next few years

I hope this bites the Steelers in the arse, but who knows...if Ben insists on coming back and he can't play they'll probably ship him off to TB and Arians for a 1st round pick, or something.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: Pitt isn't going 8-8.

Dolphins get their top 10 pick.

I applaud the Steelers move.
I agree that the Steelers "won" this trade.  Not only do they get good talent value for their draft pick, he's only going to cost them about $6M over the next 4 years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Give up your first round pick at 0-2 with your QB out for the year?!?! My god, it’s finally happening! Shitsburgh is going down in flames!!!!

I always hoped I’d live to see the day they collapsed and the day the bengals actually win something meaningful. At least I get to see one of those things happen in this lifetime lmao glorious day!
Reply/Quote
3 pages of people clamoring for the Bengals to add Fitzpatrick...

Then the Steelers add him so lets start talking about how he's not good and how they gave up too much!

It's the Devin Bush situation all over again.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3 pages of people clamoring for the Bengals to add Fitzpatrick...

WTF

(09-13-2019, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure we need another CB unless Dennard is gonna be out longer than expected....  Need to throw some of that money at LB

(09-13-2019, 10:08 AM)Fullrock Wrote: One word. No.

(09-13-2019, 10:09 AM)Fullrock Wrote:  no need for him. 

(09-13-2019, 10:42 AM)milksheikh Wrote: definitely not a first or second for him.

(09-13-2019, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote:  we don't have a need at S or CB

(09-13-2019, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't like Minkah for a couple reasons.

(09-13-2019, 08:56 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: No. No need. 

Then this

(09-17-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then the Steelers add him so lets start talking about how he's not good and how they gave up too much!

WTF

(09-17-2019, 09:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: I applaud the Steelers move.

(09-17-2019, 09:41 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Steelers are making this move because the 2-0 Ravens are a Lamar Jackson injury away from division being wide open. Browns offensive line is more of a dumpster fire than ours is.

(09-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You make it sound like the steelers care about winning, enough to make such moves.

(09-17-2019, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree that the Steelers "won" this trade. 

Seriously Pistons, sometimes I think you are losing touch with reality.  You just make stuff up out of thin air for a lot of your posts

(09-17-2019, 03:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's the Devin Bush situation all over again.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Give up your first round pick at 0-2 with your QB out for the year?!?! My god, it’s finally happening! Shitsburgh is going down in flames!!!!

I always hoped I’d live to see the day they collapsed and the day the bengals actually win something meaningful. At least I get to see one of those things happen in this lifetime lmao glorious day!

The stars may have finally quit lining up for them ?

No first round pick next year and Pig Pen's career possibly over. They better hope what's his name pans out
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The stars may have finally quit lining up for them ?

No first round pick next year and Pig Pen's career possibly over. They better hope what's his name pans out

I was really concerned they’d tank and get a high pick and grab his replacement who would end up being better than him. Then that shit train would keep rolling right on after one lost year. Not gonna be as easy when Miami has their high pick. In other news, Miami will be entertaining to watch come draft day
Reply/Quote
Many of us were clamoring for a 2nd round safety instead of Sample, but adding Fitz to team with Bates would have been awesome in this defense allowing us to use Williams as the LB/hybrid. Fej is playingthe spot but let's admit Minkah was a massive upgrade.

With that said, he isn't worth a Bengals 1st round pick given it's going to be in the top 2. We can draft one this year, unfortunately we need 4 offensive lineman and 2 linebackers ahead of him.
Reply/Quote

The Browns OLine is bad but it’s better than ours just look at the rushing numbers
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:36 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: The Browns OLine is bad but it’s better than ours just look at the rushing numbers

Maybe Nick Chubb is just better than our lil Snapchat diva...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Steelers seemingly have made a choice to stack the D and go back to old school Pitt football. Fitzpatrick, Watt, Bush...building a nice core D over there. Only time will tell if it was worth it but I have to admire their boldness
Reply/Quote
Anyone think Fitzpatrick is dreading having to play the Ravens 2 more times this season? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote