Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota governor calls mosque bombing 'act of terrorism'
(08-10-2017, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude, you could literally just repost that same list, but edit it for white people instead of Muslims, and racists instead of fake news... and it'd be our last President.

Every politician plays that game. You just have a hate boner for Trump, so you think that everything he does is unprecedented and uniquely awful. It's awful, sure, but hardly unique.

I'm sorry, I am just curious, here, can you provide evidence of a mass shooting, bombing, or other act of comparable violence that occurred against a predominantly white group in this country that did not receive a response from the White House, or an instance where a White House representative expressed speculation that the event was fake, since that has now happened, during the previous administration?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-10-2017, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm sorry, I am just curious, here, can you provide evidence of a mass shooting, bombing, or other act of comparable violence that occurred against a predominantly white group in this country that did not receive a response from the White House, or an instance where a White House representative expressed speculation that the event was fake, since that has now happened, during the previous administration?

There were some BLM protest/riots/looting/burning that had crowds specifically targeting white people...

Milwaukee:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/8354/video-milwaukee-rioters-target-white-people-chase-stephens
https://www.infowars.com/video-black-lives-matter-rioters-target-whites-for-beat-downs/

(Ugh, I am having to use some shitty sites as reference, but there's actual videos. I just can't find any ABC/CNN/etc sites with pages still there about it. There was another one or two riots that I recall had it, but that's one off the top of my head.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Trump Campaign:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/?utm_term=.25d1da107442
[Image: GOP_2016_Trump-06efc.jpg&w=1484]

Another Trump Thing:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/trump-supporter-attacked-and-carjacked-by-mob/85188217/

- - - - - -

http://abc7news.com/news/homeless-veteran-dies-after-beating-by-teens-on-camera/1101736/
(This is just F'ing sickening to watch.)

- - - - - - -

Was the special needs kid who was kidnapped and live tortured by four black kids in a hate crime addressed by Obama? Could he have been his son?

- - - - - - -

How about the deaths nearby here in Pike County by the Cartels?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/over-60-people-interviewed-in-ohio-family-murder-investigation/

- - -- - - - - - - - - -
The point is, there are examples out there. None of which got half the attention that a career criminal with a gun getting shot by the police got. Then again, none of them caused a huge riot where buildings and cars were burned and looted, either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-10-2017, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm sorry, I am just curious, here, can you provide evidence of a mass shooting, bombing, or other act of comparable violence that occurred against a predominantly white group in this country that did not receive a response from the White House, or an instance where a White House representative expressed speculation that the event was fake, since that has now happened, during the previous administration?

#sad

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sebastian-gorka-trump-wont-comment-on-minnesota-mosque-bombing-until-fake-hate-crime-ruled-out/article/2630928

Quote:President Trump does not yet plan to comment on a Minnesota mosque bombing because the White House isn't sure that initial reports of who is responsible are true, national security aide Sebastian Gorka said Tuesday.

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton called the explosion at a mosque in Bloomington over the weekend "an act of terrorism."

Gorka said the White House would wait until the FBI's investigation was finalized to comment on the incident.

"There's a great rule: all initial reports are false. You have to check them, you have to find out who the perpetrators are," Gorka said.
"We've had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right-wing individuals in the last six months that turned out to actually have been propagated by the Left."

When asked why Trump was quick to comment on other attacks, Gorka said it was "unequivocally clear" those incidents were terrorism.

"When someone shouts ‘Allahu Akbar' as they are stabbing a police officer, it's pretty clear it's not a case of a mafia robbing the bank," he responded. "When people fake hate crimes in the last six months with some regularity, it's wise to find out what exactly is going on before you make statements, when they could turn out to be not who you are expecting."

The POTUS believes in conspiracy theories and his mouthpieces are instituting politics into things.

I wish I could say I was stunned.

Secondly, how does all of that keep him from tweeting that he hopes all the people targeted are ok?

Thirdly:

http://theweek.com/articles/653840/donald-trumps-30year-crusade-against-central-park-five

Quote:When a Central Park jogger was brutally raped and beaten nearly to death in 1989, Donald Trump was at the front of the pack calling for literal blood. Four black teenagers and one Latino teenager were charged and jailed on shaky evidence after confessing to the crime under intense questioning, and two weeks after the attack, Trump took out a full-page ad in four city newspapers advocating for the reinstatement of the death penalty.

But the so-called Central Park Five were vindicated in 2002, when their convictions were vacated after a convicted murderer and rapist confessed to the crime — a confession that was corroborated by DNA evidence. (DNA was never found connecting the Central Park Five to the crime.) The Central Park Five were eventually awarded a $41 million settlement from New York City in 2014.

But over the decades, even as it became increasingly clear that the Central Park Five were innocent, Trump has continued to call for their deaths, and even criticized the city for its multi-million dollar settlement — all without any actual evidence that the Central Park Five were involved in the rape.

"To see that he has not changed his position of being a hateful person, to see that he has not changed his position of inciting people, to see that he's still the same person and in many ways he has perfected his sense of being the number-one inciter, you know, I was scared," Yusef Salaam, who was 15 when he was accused as one of the Central Park Five, told The Guardianearlier this year. "I thought for a moment: What would this country look like with Donald Trump as president? That's a scary thing."

Here's a look at Trump's history with the Central Park Five.

...more at the link...

From the first link (again)

Quote:"There's a great rule: all initial reports are false. You have to check them, you have to find out who the perpetrators are," Gorka said.

[/url]

Quote:[url=http://www.mtv.com/news/2922644/the-central-park-five-ad-told-us-who-donald-trump-really-is/]For MTV, Jamil Smith broke down the lasting echoes of Trump's obsession with the Central Park Five that can be found in his campaign today:

Quote:This is why that 1989 [full-page New York Times] ad is key to understanding the kinds of things we're hearing from the Trump campaign today. His alarmist rhetoric isn't just racist and hyperbolic; spoken from a platform that's elevated enough, it can be dangerous. We know Trump does this now, but we first saw him do it 27 years ago. "I think that one of the things that was really shocking about the Central Park Five was how the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' was not a conversation that we were having," said [public policy professor Leigh Wright] Rigueur. "The public outrage around the issue was fever-pitched. The phrase 'wilding' comes out of that because it's this idea of 'super-predator' blacks and Latinos roaming through New York City and raping women." [MTV]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-10-2017, 03:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There were some BLM protest/riots/looting/burning that had crowds specifically targeting white people...

Milwaukee:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/8354/video-milwaukee-rioters-target-white-people-chase-stephens
https://www.infowars.com/video-black-lives-matter-rioters-target-whites-for-beat-downs/

(Ugh, I am having to use some shitty sites as reference, but there's actual videos. I just can't find any ABC/CNN/etc sites with pages still there about it. There was another one or two riots that I recall had it, but that's one off the top of my head.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Trump Campaign:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/?utm_term=.25d1da107442
[Image: GOP_2016_Trump-06efc.jpg&w=1484]

Another Trump Thing:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/trump-supporter-attacked-and-carjacked-by-mob/85188217/

- - - - - -

http://abc7news.com/news/homeless-veteran-dies-after-beating-by-teens-on-camera/1101736/
(This is just F'ing sickening to watch.)

- - - - - - -

Was the special needs kid who was kidnapped and live tortured by four black kids in a hate crime addressed by Obama? Could he have been his son?

- - - - - - -

How about the deaths nearby here in Pike County by the Cartels?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/over-60-people-interviewed-in-ohio-family-murder-investigation/

- - -- - - - - - - - - -
The point is, there are examples out there. None of which got half the attention that a career criminal with a gun getting shot by the police got. Then again, none of them caused a huge riot where buildings and cars were burned and looted, either.

I would make the argument that there were a lot of calls from the Obama administration in the midst of all of that to end the violence. They didn't address specific events, but there were a lot of attempts to bring an end to it in an overall sense because of everything going on and the atmosphere that carried over from event to event.

I had some more thoughts on this, but I just got word of the unexpected passing of someone I know in the middle of it, so I got a little distracted.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-10-2017, 03:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would make the argument that there were a lot of calls from the Obama administration in the midst of all of that to end the violence. They didn't address specific events, but there were a lot of attempts to bring an end to it in an overall sense because of everything going on and the atmosphere that carried over from event to event.

I had some more thoughts on this, but I just got word of the unexpected passing of someone I know in the middle of it, so I got a little distracted.

First: Sorry for your loss.

To the post:  That is something the right hated about Obama.  He tried to talk to people.  Reason with them.  He wasn't a "tough guy" like Trump is.

Trump does want to reason with people he disagrees with.  He wants the "old days" when they could beat people up and get away with it.

He's a thug wearing a rolex.
Why does trump need to speak about this?

As posted earlier it's not terrorism
(08-10-2017, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why does trump need to speak about this?  

Because some people can't get enough of hating Trump. They just need more and more stuff for which to criticize him. If he were to come out now and say something, they'll still find SOME thing to criticize him for.
(08-10-2017, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why does trump need to speak about this?  

As posted earlier it's not terrorism

Religious freedom, american citizens, possible hate crime, etc.

Why Does Trump have to speak about Obama's popularity?   Smirk
(08-10-2017, 04:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because some people can't get enough of hating Trump. They just need more and more stuff for which to criticize him. If he were to come out now and say something, they'll still find SOME thing to criticize him for.

If the leftists would get past their hatred of trump they would realize he is basically a liberal democrat.

He is also the best president for illegal immigrants as well. They are at least not in perpetual limbo
(08-10-2017, 04:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because some people can't get enough of hating Trump. They just need more and more stuff for which to criticize him. If he were to come out now and say something, they'll still find SOME thing to criticize him for.

More so this was brought up by me because of something on these boards a year or so ago where Obama was accused of not making a public statement.  There was much wailing that he didn't care about white people and he should have spoken up immediately.

Glad to see that people have changed their minds and don't think the POTUS needs to speak publically about everything in the country.   Mellow

Hopefully there is a new poll for him to tweet about soon though...  Smirk
(08-10-2017, 04:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Religious freedom, american citizens, possible hate crime, etc.

And how does Trump speaking or not speaking effect any of that?

If Trump came out and called it an act of terrorism, does this mean all acts of terrorism would stop? Of course not. The fact of the matter is this is one of those stupid things Trump haters use to hate on Trump just like the Obama haters would use things he did  or didn't do/say as something to hate him for.
(08-10-2017, 04:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the leftists would get past their hatred of trump they would realize he is basically a liberal democrat.    

Cut taxes. Eliminate environmental regulations.  Unleash the banking industry unfettered.  Provoke war with NK. Try to Ban transgeders from serving in the military.

yep.  Liberal.  :eyeroll:

(08-10-2017, 04:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is also the best president for illegal immigrants as well.    They are at least not in perpetual limbo

That's what I aid about slavery. At least the blacks knew their place in society. None of this trying to fit in stuff. Ninja

(08-10-2017, 03:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would make the argument that there were a lot of calls from the Obama administration in the midst of all of that to end the violence. They didn't address specific events, but there were a lot of attempts to bring an end to it in an overall sense because of everything going on and the atmosphere that carried over from event to event.

Highlighted bits aside, sorry to hear about that man. Getting news about things like that is never any good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
According to the FBI's website prior to the new administration:
Quote:"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Just throwing that out there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20170109080116/https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism

FWIW, this also mirrors federal law: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331

So by federal law, it is highly likely it is terrorism.

(08-10-2017, 04:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Highlighted bits aside, sorry to hear about that man. Getting news about things like that is never any good.

I would also point out that whether those events you listed are comparable is subjective. But I don't feel like putting on my debate hat at the moment.

(08-10-2017, 04:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: More so this was brought up by me because of something on these boards a year or so ago where Obama was accused of not making a public statement.  There was much wailing that he didn't care about white people and he should have spoken up immediately.

Yep, there was and they were wrong back then, too.

(08-10-2017, 04:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Glad to see that people have changed their minds and don't think the POTUS needs to speak publically about everything in the country.   Mellow 

Nope, just people being hypocritical on both sides of the political aisle.  ThumbsUp