Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota looks to "protect" Prince' rights?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/princes-death-day-19-minn-legislators-look-to-protect-artists-rights/ar-BBsOCIB?ocid=spartandhp

I translate as = State should get most of the estate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-09-2016, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/princes-death-day-19-minn-legislators-look-to-protect-artists-rights/ar-BBsOCIB?ocid=spartandhp

That's exactly what's happening.   
(05-09-2016, 08:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's exactly what's happening.   

It's just because he was black.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-09-2016, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/princes-death-day-19-minn-legislators-look-to-protect-artists-rights/ar-BBsOCIB?ocid=spartandhp

(05-09-2016, 08:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's exactly what's happening.   

How is the state going to get any of his estate?

I see nothing like that at all.
(05-09-2016, 08:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How is the state going to get any of his estate?

I see nothing like that at all.

Well clearly it is the state taking over his estate!  Just read the second paragraph!

Quote:In Minnesota's state capital of St. Paul, legislative committees are planning hearings on a bill to clarify the rights of artists to control the commercial use of their names, likenesses and images — and extend those protections to an artist's heirs.

Oh...wait....
(05-09-2016, 08:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's just because he was black.   Mellow

Michael Jordan is blacker, richer, and younger.  I'll bet he has his estate planning in order.. Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-09-2016, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Michael Jordan is blacker, richer, and younger.  I'll bet he has his estate planning in order.. Mellow

He's an "investor".   Ninja

[Image: mjmoneystack.jpg]
(05-09-2016, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Michael Jordan is blacker, richer, and younger.  I'll bet he has his estate planning in order.. Mellow

When I see people who can't have a properly planned estate it always amazes me.   What was his attorneys doing all these years? 
(05-09-2016, 10:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I see people who can't have a properly planned estate it always amazes me.   What was his attorneys doing all these years? 

Just being check collectors, I guess..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23