Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter to IR
Hamstring injury finally did him in. Brandon Bell brought up from practice squad.

Minter a FA after this season looks to be a candidate for a one and done Bengals experience

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 05:44 PM)pally Wrote: Hamstring injury finally did him in.  Brandon Bell brought up from practice squad.

Minter a FA after this season looks to be a candidate for a one and done Bengals experience

I sure hope so and I hope we invest in some real help for Burfict. Enough:

Harrison
Hawk
Dansby
Minter

Unfortunately, it's a terrible year for LB FAs. 

WTS, it's an "out" year for Brain Cushing. The perfect Bengal. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I sure hope so and I hope we invest in some real help for Burfict. Enough:

Harrison
Hawk
Dansby
Minter

Ain't that the truth.  First rounder, one time stud, shamed himself, now over the hill.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 05:44 PM)pally Wrote: Hamstring injury finally did him in.  Brandon Bell brought up from practice squad.

Man, was disappointed in this guy this year, looked slow out there and out of position like most of our Linebackers.

We need some speedier Linebackers and most of all a new Linebacker coach. Haslett is not good.
Reply/Quote
We have had terrible luck signing FA LB'ers..........maybe we will draft some studs to help ole #55 out.......

However I also still have faith in Jordan Evans.........and maybe B Belt from Linebacker U will surprise us (not getting my hopes up)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Gimme Smith outta Georgia in April. Not like any olineman we draft we'll keep around long anyway.
Reply/Quote

We can only hope it was painful watching him on that final drive vs pitt going the wrong direction every play.

Can we get skuta back lol
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 06:54 PM)Takedown Wrote: Gimme Smith outta Georgia in April. Not like any olineman we draft we'll keep around long anyway.

Yeah, Norwell G in FA, Roquan in the 1st, Billy Price or best Center in the 2nd would be a great start to getting
this team back on track. Probably won't happen this way if MB is still around though.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I sure hope so and I hope we invest in some real help for Burfict. Enough:

Harrison
Hawk
Dansby
Minter

Oh please let us stay out of the LB Bargain Bin !

It's the Mike Brown way though so..........
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Norwell G in FA, Roquan in the 1st, Billy Price or best Center in the 2nd would be a great start to getting
this team back on track. Probably won't happen this way if MB is still around though.

Probably not, but if MB had it his way every draft it would be all WR's and RB's.
Reply/Quote
Although I am fearful of what the off season will bring, I'm also excited at the same time. Yet again, the hope trait taking over again.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although I am fearful of what the off season will bring, I'm also excited at the same time. Yet again, the hope trait taking over again.

Same. No one here really knows what to expect which is scary and exciting. Just pray its not an in-house promotion to HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:15 AM)Takedown Wrote: Same. No one here really knows what to expect which is scary and exciting. Just pray its not an in-house promotion to HC.

I feel the probability of that is above 80%. But, that's where the hope comes into play. I need to start asking for the wrong things for this team so that the right things will happen. LOL. God knows they do everything opposite of what we wish on every decision or move.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although I am fearful of what the off season will bring, I'm also excited at the same time. Yet again, the hope trait taking over again.

Baring any changes in fundamental philosophy on how to manage a Pro football team, you know exactly what to expect, unfortunately.

As long as they only put a significant value on the "premium" positions, they are going to be lacking in overall talent in key areas that a championship caliber team needs to be strong in.  For example, most championship level defenses have one distinct characteristic in common;  They are built to be tough up the middle.

By that, I mean super hard to run on, or complete passes in the middle of the field.  They have hard to move studs at DT, badass inside LBs, and freakin' assassins at Safety.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I feel the probability of that is above 80%. But, that's where the hope comes into play. I need to start asking for the wrong things for this team so that the right things will happen. LOL. God knows they do everything opposite of what we wish on every decision or move.

I'm hoping to wake up couple days after season to the headlines:

Mike Brown is stepping away from the Bengals turning operations over to Katie Blackburn and the crew. Marvin Lewis and the entire coaching staff have been released and ________________ has been hired as the new HC who will be bringing in his own new staff. The new President would like to announce we will be pursuing every avenue to build a winner including free agency.

And then I come back to reality and................(Mike Brown/Change) just don't go together and..........................

It's good to dream and hope !
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 11:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping to wake up couple days after season to the headlines:

Mike Brown is stepping away from the Bengals turning operations over to Katie Blackburn and the crew. Marvin Lewis and the entire coaching staff have been released and ________________ has been hired as the new HC who will be bringing in his own new staff. The new President would like to announce we will be pursuing every avenue to build a winner including free agency.

And then I come back to reality and................(Mike Brown/Change) just don't go together and..........................

It's good to dream and hope !

Only death will pry his cold fingers from the grip of this team. He is the juggernaut of hopes and dreams.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, was disappointed in this guy this year, looked slow out there and out of position like most of our Linebackers.

We need some speedier Linebackers and most of all a new Linebacker coach. Haslett is not good.
Many people said that when Haslett was hired. Just because a guy was a DROY in 1979 doesn’t mean he will be a good coach at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was very disappointed in Minter. I knew he wasn't worth a shit in run stuffing but at AZ he was a stud in coverage, but looked lost, out of positon and step slow.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Many people said that when Haslett was hired. Just because a guy was a DROY in 1979 doesn’t mean he will be a good coach at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, remember the great Redskins Linebacker talking about him and it wasn't good.
Reply/Quote