Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misery loves company
Ok we all get it - season is cooked.

I just want the Stoolers and Stains to lose out too. Hehe

The Rat Turds are in but I hope they lose their first playoff game.

/Misery rant over Big Grin
Reply/Quote
If we somehow win next week there is still a legitimate path to the playoffs.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:05 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we somehow win next week there is still a legitimate path to the playoffs.

You know what the chances of going into arrowhead with no Burrow or Chase and doing that is?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:08 PM)Tony Wrote: You know what the chances of going into arrowhead with no Burrow or Chase and doing that is?

JaMarr might play. What's more important is having the defense show up. The offense moved the ball last night, there were just three brutal INTs that killed them....and a no DPI in the end zone on 4th down. The defense may as well have just sat on the sidelines. They couldn't stop a nosebleed. If they play like that next week, it'll be ugly again. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:08 PM)Tony Wrote: You know what the chances of going into arrowhead with no Burrow or Chase and doing that is?

Well, the Bengals have done fine outside the AFCN. They are 8-2 outside our division, including having beaten the 49ers. So, I still have hope they can win in Arrowhead. I actually feel they have a reasonable chance. They just had a huge off day yesterday and against the AFCN in general.

Of course, if they beat KC in Arrowhead, then they have to play another AFCN team. 
Reply/Quote

About the same chances as Tony ever being called an optimist. (Just having fun with you, my man).  Btw, to answer your question, the chances are probably less than 25%, maybe less than 20.  But ...  there's a chance. lol
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
We basically have a flush draw against KC.

There's a chance it'll hit.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 3-8 inside the division the past 2 years. We are 17-3 outside the division over the past 2 years. It’s not unthinkable to go into arrowhead and win. I’m honestly more worried about Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ok we all get it - season is cooked.

Uggh, rooting for the Browns over Houston .
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Uggh, rooting for the Browns over Houston .

Yep. 5th seed is likely going to Cleveland. 6th seed, likely the Bills. We are fighting for the 7th seed. So need a lot of help.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:05 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we somehow win next week there is still a legitimate path to the playoffs.

And it would be damn good fun to beat the Chiefs either way.
Reply/Quote
I sincerely envy some of you being able to remain optimistic and hopeful.

Yesterday ripped my heart out.

Not just the loss but I really bought into this team finding its soul, playing into its strengths and continuing the decent play.

So kudos for you positive folks but mannnn, I’m just defeated and want the rest of the AFCN to suffer and fail now too. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:36 PM)Whacked Wrote: I sincerely envy some of you being able to remain optimistic and hopeful.

Yesterday ripped my heart out.

Not just the loss but I really bought into this team finding its soul, playing into its strengths and continuing the decent play.

So kudos for you positive folks but mannnn, I’m just defeated and want the rest of the AFCN to suffer and fail now too. lol

I felt like at least one of these three games would be a backup QB lays an egg game. I just hoped it wouldn't be against the fuggin Stoolers. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened, and the defense and offensive line thought they'd just join in for good measure, lol. 

It being Shitsburgh, I totally feel your pain. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My second favorite team is whoever the Stealers are playing, so I will be rooting for them.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 03:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, the Bengals have done fine outside the AFCN. They are 8-2 outside our division, including having beaten the 49ers. So, I still have hope they can win in Arrowhead. I actually feel they have a reasonable chance. They just had a huge off day yesterday and against the AFCN in general.

Of course, if they beat KC in Arrowhead, then they have to play another AFCN team. 

With a healthy Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase is the key bit of extra information there.... and with the 49ers missing Deebo and Trent Williams while Purdy was suspiciously quick to come out of the concussion protocol (he threw two fourth quarter INTs after the hit that later gave him symptoms and then threw another two against us).

That was VERY much a "when you play them matters" game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: With a healthy Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase is the key bit of extra information there.... and with the 49ers missing Deebo and Trent Williams while Purdy was suspiciously quick to come out of the concussion protocol (he threw two fourth quarter INTs after the hit that later gave him symptoms and then threw another two against us).

That was VERY much a "when you play them matters" game.

Eh, it was still a hell of a win. SF just doesn’t lose at home very often. They beat the Bills the following week, too. It was all looking so good at that point…

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, it was still a hell of a win. SF just doesn’t lose at home very often. They beat the Bills the following week, too. It was all looking so good at that point…

It was, but it was being used to promote the idea that if they did that then they can also beat the Chiefs except it was when we had a healthy Joe Burrow, same with the Bills. A healthy Joe Burrow and I think they have at least a chance against anyone, but we don't have a healthy Joe Burrow to play against the Chiefs so what Burrow did against the 49ers and Bills (77.6% Completion, 631 Yards/8.3 YPA, 5 TD/0 INT, 123.2 QB Rating) isn't really applicable to current times and our odds against the Chiefs next week.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ok we all get it - season is cooked.

No.

Root for the Browns, Falcons and Patriots today.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.

Root for the Browns, Falcons and Patriots today.

Browns and Falcon's working out. Just watched Jessie Bates get his SIXTH interception. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 05:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Browns and Falcon's working out. Just watched Jessie Bates get his SIXTH interception. 

Bates had 1 interception in his 4th season, along with 3 pass breakups, Dax had more of both in his first 8 games.  Bates never had more than 3 INTs until last year when he had 4.  The revisionist history that Bates was a great ballhawk we let walk is crazy.  He also led the team in missed tackles.  He also gave up both TDs in the AFCCG.  Bates is a good player, but we would be stupid to pay a safety 16M per with this roster.

Reply/Quote