Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Missing Football Bengals already?
Drove by the Stadium today and I must say it looks pretty lonely there. I drove by and thought I already miss football... Anyone else missing it already? What will you do to fill in the absence of football mainly the Bengals games?
Reply/Quote
I love that area of Cincy with the ballpark on the opposite side of the downtown and PBS on the other side. See you guys next season, we play you in Lambeau.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 07:26 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I love that area of Cincy with the ballpark on the opposite side of the downtown and PBS on the other side. See you guys next season, we play you in Lambeau.

Really nice!   :andy:  
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 07:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Drove by the Stadium today and I must say it looks pretty lonely there. I drove by and thought I already miss football... Anyone else missing it already? What will you do to fill in the absence of football mainly the Bengals games?

Kayaking, paddle boarding, cold ones on the beach. I love bengals football and live and die with it every week but I'll barely miss it (unless it's raining on Sunday's)

Reply/Quote
Reds pitchers and catchers report next week. College basketball is heading to March Madness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hockey gets me to June and then the CFL will hold me over until August.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Nope, don't miss it yet. I know I will when it gets closer to the draft. Right before the preseason I'll be really hyped for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 08:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds pitchers and catchers report next week.  College basketball is heading to March Madness.

Great!  Even more misery, on the horizon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 07:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Drove by the Stadium today and I must say it looks pretty lonely there. I drove by and thought I already miss football... Anyone else missing it already? What will you do to fill in the absence of football mainly the Bengals games?

Lol

Miss Bengals football

That's a funny joke
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great!  Even more misery, on the horizon.

Just temper expectations and watch the new guys grow.  Won't be competing for any titles but they could still be fun to watch.  The real misery was watching a team that had what it took and couldn't get the job done.  This won't be misery.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Daytona in two weeks.....dirt tracks spring back to life in a little over a month....spring meet at Keeneland in April....be firing up the smoker and christening my new bar in about 3 weeks.....**** the Bengals. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yep, already going through football withdraw. I would say I'd be looking forward to the Reds to get me through the spring/summer but by all accounts they are going to be just a fart-in-the-wind like last year, so yeah.... September can't get here soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 07:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Drove by the Stadium today and I must say it looks pretty lonely there.  I drove by and thought I already miss football...  Anyone else missing it already?  What will you do to fill in the absence of football mainly the Bengals games?

NO.  I'm ready for March Madness and NCAA Brackets.  I'm ready to pick my Fantasy Baseball Teams and then try to adjust them during season. If they have Hit Streak, I will play it. Nobody has had a combo of players beat Joe DiMaggio hit streak yet. I didn't start playing it until late in year.  The million dollar prize is worth the effort.  It's not easy picking which player is going to get a hit and do it 65 times in a row. It helps that you can change hitters each day.  You would think somebody will someday win the million dollars.  The Reds could be in last all season, and I won't care playing this thing.  Come August I will pick my fantasy football teams. I understand now that you have to grab a top RB early because nobody ever lets a top RB go free agent during season.  You can get other positions, but not RB.  I see now why they went fast in the draft.  My Dayton Flyers look to be back in NCAA, maybe with more Cinderella upset wins. 

As for Bengals, this is a key point in the season. Trying to resign key players. Free Agency. The NFL Combine. The NFL Draft.  Then and only then does it get Bengals Boring from Draft in April until August Preseason. Still, you have graduations, weddings, summer vacations, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Baseball and NBA play-offs to Championship.  I'm very, very interested to see what Bengals do in March of 2017, since March of 2016 went so horrible for them. We can't lose players like we did last year and expect anything better than 4 or 5 wins.  March is Key to us Bengals Fans this year.  It will either make or break this team.  I do not find Bengals free agency and draft this year dull.  Bengals have to do better in Free Agency and Draft than last year if they really want a play-off win.  You can't just fill uniforms with just anybody and expect to win.  March and April will be key months for Bengals Fans to follow. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 08:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds pitchers and catchers report next week.  College basketball is heading to March Madness.

I love Reds baseball and March Madness. Personally, tired of football until September. I watch the Reds just about every night.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 08:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hockey gets me to June and then the CFL will hold me over until August.

I'm a big hockey fan as well. My team is the Devils though. The Jackets used to be my 2nd team, but then they moved into the same division as the Devils, and worse, hired John Tortorella (who I can't stand). I also like going to the Cyclones games. The talent level is obviously way below the NHL, but those guys play their hearts out.

Reply/Quote
Reds, boating, and hopefully an utter lack of anymore cold rain.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I drink!

Reply/Quote
Yep! I'm already missing football.

I'm early, but I've already started thinking about my fantasy football draft six-seven months from now.

I'll probably keep up with the NBA and NHL now while I wait for the Reds season to start. Not much to look forward to with the Reds but I'll definitely still go to a couple games.
Reply/Quote
Na, I'm still in my pissed off mode with the Bengals. Ogbuehi was a massive failure and no one was held accountable for that. Pacman continues to shame the city, yet again...no accountability. I have zero faith in this staff and FO to ever get a playoff win, let alone a SB run. So no, I'm not exactly looking forward to next season. I like our draft position and we should have a good amount of picks, but I'm even jaded about the draft. I don't see any impact players coming, and Marv is slow to integrate rookies. Free agency is a joke. What we had last year is pretty much what we'll trot out again next year. Same players, same coaches that led the team to 6-9-1.

Obviously I post a lot on here, but I love following the NBA, watching NBA on TNT videos on youtube (those guys are hilarious, best show in sports by far) etc. That's pretty much how I get my sports fix this time of year. Especially with the Reds in a 10 year rebuilding process.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would be missing it a lot more if there was a new HC in place. What's to be excited about? Another year with Marvin calling the shots? We know the probable outcome as we've all been watching now for 14 years. Marvin Lewis is like a boxer way past his prime, struggling to get into the ring for one last shot at a title. It's sad, really.

Mike Brown, for the fans, take a god damn chance for once.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote