Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Missing Hendrickson
It's no secret that the defense looked completely different when Hendrickson left the game. Outside of a couple of Hubbard pressures and the Hill sack, Carr had all day to throw. We'd better hope and pray that Trey gets back this week, or our defense is going to really suffer.

Next Gen Stat of the game: Cincinnati pressured Derek Carr on 10 of 23 dropbacks with Trey Hendrickson on the field, and recorded a pressure on just three of 33 dropbacks without Hendrickson, who departed early due to a concussion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope he’s back next week. We sorely missed him.
Reply/Quote
Yep..was at the game then started noticing the lack of pressure so tried to find Trey to see what they were doing to him from a protection standpoint. That’s when I noticed he wasn’t in the game….it’s VERY noticeable when he is not playing. Could have really used Ossai this year
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:12 AM)wcu Wrote: It's no secret that the defense looked completely different when Hendrickson left the game. Outside of a couple of Hubbard pressures and the Hill sack, Carr had all day to throw. We'd better hope and pray that Trey gets back this week, or our defense is going to really suffer.

Next Gen Stat of the game: Cincinnati pressured Derek Carr on 10 of 23 dropbacks with Trey Hendrickson on the field, and recorded a pressure on just three of 33 dropbacks without Hendrickson, who departed early due to a concussion.

His importance can't be overstated however it is worth noting that Ogebjobi and Daniels were out as well making the lineman left play a lot more snaps that normal.  People get worn out faster than players on Madden.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he is OK because he is a difference maker.
Like someone else said it is very obvious when he is not out there.

Looking forward to a healthy Ossai next year. Should really help that 3rd down pass rush.
Reply/Quote
It also didn't help that there were only 5 lineman left after Larry's injury; no rotation = dead as a duck on pass rush, especially when Reader is on the field for each snap.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Let us pray that is was a minor concussion and he will be back. Something tells me there is no way he misses the next game for this unless it was serious. If not, at least we will know going into the game and can have the opportunity to better prepare and activate guys etc. Having a plan is always better than getting smacked in action with no back ups etc.
Reply/Quote
Not a shock that we got worse when Hendrickson went out. He's been so key for us this year.

I will say even with the D-Line as injured as they were, I thought they still did ok. Clearly regressed, but didn't throw the game for us. Their passing game started to pick up, but it was always going to in the 4th quarter. The makeshift D-Line got what should have been a key sack on the final drive.

That said, we absolutely need as many back as possible for next week's game. We will struggle mightily if we can't pressure Tannehill/Allen.
Reply/Quote
Trey Hendrickson, Larry Ogunjobi, and Mike Daniels were out of the game yesterday. Hopefully Trey and Mike are back next week because they will need them big time for that Titans Offensive Line/Run game. Was there any word on guys from the cleveland game like Renell Wren and Josh Tupou?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hendrickson, Larry Ogunjobi, and Mike Daniels were out of the game yesterday. Hopefully Trey and Mike are back next week because they will need them big time for that Titans Offensive Line/Run game. Was there any word on guys from the cleveland game like Renell Wren and Josh Tupou?

Yes i was actually thinking right when the game started how lucky we had been with injuries..and on D we had Wilson and Pratt back with Awuzie.
It was a wild feeling in 3rd quarter as the D line were dropping off like flies....I honestly wasnt sure they could hang on ..and felt bad for Reader and Hill.
We may need Shelvin to step up next week depending  on how things go with Topou and Mike D.  As for Trey, holy crap we need this guy back next week. Totally Diff vibe on passing downs .  I also assume Larry O is done which really really sucks...He was one of my fave signings. I hope they retain him somehow in offseason. another thing is can Wren step up?  I have limited recall on him being a player that can come in and hold it down. I only hear about his great measurables. potential etc. 
Reply/Quote
I know there were a few snaps where car had way to long but I think the raiders did a good job of getting the ball out when car hit his back foot a ton.
Reply/Quote
Need him back. Doubly so with Ogunjobi hurt. Those two represent 21 of the team's 42 sacks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hendrickson, Larry Ogunjobi, and Mike Daniels were out of the game yesterday. Hopefully Trey and Mike are back next week because they will need them big time for that Titans Offensive Line/Run game. Was there any word on guys from the cleveland game like Renell Wren and Josh Tupou?

Josh has a sprained MCL which is usually a 2-3 week injury.  I haven't seen anything on Wren but they haven't placed him on IR either.  Hendrickson has a concussion but no word on how bad it is. The symptoms were obvious enough that either he self-reported them or someone else noticed something was wrong because he wasn't taken off the field with an obvious injury.  Mike Daniels has a groin pull.  His return will depend on how bad the injury was. 

Larry Ogunjobi rolled his ankle to the outside of the foot. It could be a relatively mild low ankle sprain or he could have torn one of the ligaments or even broken the fibula.  People said they saw him say it was broke.  But whether he was reacting to a sound or a feel is anyone's guess.  He posted this on twitter this morning.  We can read all sorts of things into it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I thought there was a chance Ossai could play in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
Even though I feel better about playing Tenn instead of KC/BUFF (so don’t **** this up for us by winning Pitt) it’s going to be a long game if our line is banged up against Henry.
Reply/Quote
I wasnt even aware he was taken out of the game. I was watching at a local pub with the sound off so I didnt hear anything about Hendrickson and I was even more confused as to why that whistle TD didnt count initially. I didnt find out till I got home what the whistle hubub was about
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:55 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I thought there was a chance Ossai could play in the playoffs?

Ossai was placed on IR before the final roster was set which means he is done completely for the 2021-2022 season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:12 AM)wcu Wrote: It's no secret that the defense looked completely different when Hendrickson left the game. Outside of a couple of Hubbard pressures and the Hill sack, Carr had all day to throw. We'd better hope and pray that Trey gets back this week, or our defense is going to really suffer.

Bengals don't have much of a pass rush outside of Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ogunjobi, and Hill.
The more of those guys out, the worse it's gonna be.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Even though I feel better about playing Tenn instead of KC/BUFF (so don’t **** this up for us by winning Pitt) it’s going to be a long game if our line is banged up against Henry.

While it's expected that Henry will be activated for the game, he hasn't played in 2.5 months.
Titans will still probably use Foreman some.
Foreman's been better than people thought he'd be though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals don't have much of a pass rush outside of Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ogunjobi, and Hill.
The more of those guys out, the worse it's gonna be.

Good point but I believe if you take out any teams top 4 sack producers their aren't much left.
Reply/Quote