Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing starters
(01-28-2019, 04:16 PM)jason Wrote: I wanted OJ Howard myself... Honestly I wanted Allen when fell, but anyway... Howard missed more than a few games this year though too. Maybe that doesn't happen here, but we'll never know.

Howard had missed some games this past year, but he also put up 565-5 on just 10 games (8 started).
He's put up 997-11 in 24 games played (22 starts) in his first two years.

Eifert, in his first two years, played 16 games and put up 482-2.

Eifert's injury-prone label comes from only having two seasons out of six with 10+ games in a season.
Howard has not played in less than 10 games so far, so he's not considered injury-prone yet, at least to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert has played in 43 out of a possible 96 regular season games.

He's played in more than 8 games TWICE in 6 years.

He's played in 4 games or less 3 out of his 6 years.

He's played in 14 games over the past 3 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 12:17 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I would resign... 
Fisher & Hart @ tackle (for depth, both are young guys)
Hopkins @ guard/ center 
Uzomah & Kroft (both better blockers than Eifert + Uzomah doesn't have bad hands)
and ... Brown & Dennard on defense.

I'd like to draft a starting LB and OL early... even possibly moving up in the draft to grab 2 OL in the second round that can start (depending how the chips fall).  I also don't think we can afford a complete overhaul on the offensive line.  A new scheme might help to take the pressure off the line as well (think how the Rams' fake Jet sweep keeps the backside DE in place).  I do not think Eifert fits the new offense (I, however, will be a life-long Eifert fan and would like to see him back and healthy).  I think now is not the time to mess with the slot CB (we cant fill every spot).  And Brown was not our worst LB, he can play beside our drafted LB in either the SAM or MIKE on running downs. You can move them around to what suits our draft pick the best in the first year.  

That's the thing. Hart as a backup Tackle is fine. Hart as the starter is not fine. Same with Hopkins.
Reply/Quote