Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch says he'd "absolutely" back Trump in 2024
(03-02-2021, 10:16 AM)Stewy Wrote: Currently Trump is under investigation by 5 different State and Federal Attorney Generals.  Plus a handful of civl and defamation suits.  Without the protection of the office, something is going to stick and then Trump will go away.  Thus Mitch is backing Trump because he knows Trump's political career is over.

Mark it.

I think you're on the right track.  Trump will get convicted of something and then the relevant person (POTUS or governor) will grant him clemency.  He won't serve any confinement time, but he'll be ineligible to run for office again.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 11:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think you're on the right track.  Trump will get convicted of something and then the relevant person (POTUS or governor) will grant him clemency.  He won't serve any confinement time, but he'll be ineligible to run for office again.

Trump being held accountable for anything seems like a total pipe dream until I see otherwise.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:16 AM)Stewy Wrote: Currently Trump is under investigation by 5 different State and Federal Attorney Generals.  Plus a handful of civl and defamation suits.  Without the protection of the office, something is going to stick and then Trump will go away.  Thus Mitch is backing Trump because he knows Trump's political career is over.

Mark it.

Ok, duly marked.

But all those millions of Trump supporters, whom red state senators fear--have they gotten the message?

Will their pressure ease up BEFORE those time-consuming investigations and suits bear fruit?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote