Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitchell Wilcox is back and on the PUP list
https://www.bengals.com/news/mitchell-wilcox-re-signed-bengals-roster-moves-free-agency-2023
Reply/Quote
Figured this was coming. He's the perfect Bengals tight end -- blocks, catches it when it's thrown to him, cheap. Whatever his injury is, they must be confident he will be ready.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 10:33 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Figured this was coming. He's the perfect Bengals tight end -- blocks, catches it when it's thrown to him, cheap. Whatever his injury is, they must be confident he will be ready.

Precisely the Bengals are a good fit for both. I doubt he had much better options or us
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
He was actually a mirror image of Hurst last season in terms of efficiency when Hurst missed time. I think the position within the offense just kind of generates a certain output but nonetheless nice having someone that does have experience and has stepped in before.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to keep on eye on Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford this season. Right now I'd be interested in him being drafted by the Bengals in the mid-rounds.
Reply/Quote
It's time to get Wilcox involved
Reply/Quote
Solid move from a depth perspective. Wilcox knows the offense and his ST's assignments and he's always been at least serviceable when called upon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good move as long as he isn't the backup long snapper.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 12:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Good move as long as he isn't the backup long snapper.

Was my first reaction as well. Can’t let that happen again.
Reply/Quote
Played very well for us last season both blocking and catching the ball when open. I like Mitch better than both Drew and Asiasi.

I remember when we beat the Chiefs late in the season where Mitch pulled and blocked Chris Jones. Dude plays with heart.

Been hoping Mitch would be brought back. What is his injury exactly?
Reply/Quote
Good move. If healthy, I think he makes the 53.

I believe that puts us at 90. Amy more signings & someone wouod have to be released.
Reply/Quote
Happy he's back to compete for TE2/3 duties, but sad he's on the PUP.

This should put Sample/Asiasi on notice that making the roster isn't guaranteed this year, and it also provides insurance in case of an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
18 targets
17 receptions
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 11:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was actually a mirror image of Hurst last season in terms of efficiency when Hurst missed time. I think the position within the offense just kind of generates a certain output but nonetheless nice having someone that does have experience and has stepped in before.

We’ll look at the defenses teams play against us. Cover 2 shells where the safeties play over top against Chase and Tee. Our TEs basically get wide open if they can read some defense correctly. When you are doubling both Chase and ages overtop AND giving Boyd extra attention over the middle SOMEONE has to be getting wide open. I’m looking every forward to how we’ll get Charlie Jones in the offense too. He’s a guy i think by week 8 teams will have to give extra attention too.

How do you guard empty backfield, Jones, Boyd and Chase stacked on one side with Tee solo on the other side and Irv Smith in line running a medium to deep route? If you double shade both safety’s over top of Tee and the trips stack, you basically HAVE to let Irv and Jones go 1 on 1 or you have to hope our line still sucks and just hope you can get pressure before the deeper routes materialize.

Iv watched alot of football and the only way i can think to guard that consistently is to only rush 3 and play full zone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Kind of expected this to happen unless a good TE just fell into the Bengals lap.

I like Wilcox and happy to see him returning.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Kind of expected this to happen unless a good TE just fell into the Bengals lap.

I like Wilcox and happy to see him returning.

Same here, he looked like all he needed was more reps in the offense, in his limited action last year.  He's a good blocker, has sure hands, and even the ability to break a tackle when catching the ball while on the move.  Add in the fact that he's low cost and familiar with what they run, seems like a no-brainer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hobson said it is believed that Mitch's stint on the PUP list will be short

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Would we keep 4?

Irv, Sample, Wilcox, Asiasi
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Same here, he looked like all he needed was more reps in the offense, in his limited action last year.  He's a good blocker, has sure hands, and even the ability to break a tackle when catching the ball while on the move.  Add in the fact that he's low cost and familiar with what they run, seems like a no-brainer.

Same here. Wilcox showed he belonged last year. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 04:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Would we keep 4?

Irv, Sample, Wilcox, Asiasi

I think we have to keep four. Not sure Asiasi will be the 4th, but probably.
Reply/Quote