Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watched only the last hour of the debate
This was the first debate I've watched and it was the last hour and have to say I have never seen such childish, boorish and petty bickering come from people running for president.

What's really crazy is that at least half of those watching loved every minute of it and I'm not talking about Democrats either. Sorry, I don't think Donald Trump is in the lead because people are fed up with politics, I think this is the state of the people being so petty, boorish and childish themselves.

My LORD, this was an embarrassment of epic proportions. I was embarrassed watching the debate with my wife and daughter. Do the American people really want these people to run the country?

For those who have watched and were watching tonight, have all the debates been like this?

I will say though that I was impressed with Kasich(sp?) and think he should get the Republican nomination. The other three can take a leap for all I care.
Why?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-04-2016, 10:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why?

Ramen.

Primary debates are all about rallying the base and appearing as "MY PARTY" as humanly possible.

In particular in a year with no incumbent running.

Great for laughing at...not so good for getting an actual idea of what the possible nominee will stand for once it gets to the general election.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This was the first debate I've watched and it was the last hour and have to say I have never seen such childish, boorish and petty bickering come from people running for president.

What's really crazy is that at least half of those watching loved every minute of it and I'm not talking about Democrats either. Sorry, I don't think Donald Trump is in the lead because people are fed up with politics, I think this is the state of the people being so petty, boorish and childish themselves.

My LORD, this was an embarrassment of epic proportions. I was embarrassed watching the debate with my wife and daughter. Do the American people really want these people to run the country?

For those who have watched and were watching tonight, have all the debates been like this?

I will say though that I was impressed with Kasich(sp?) and think he should get the Republican nomination. The other three can take a leap for all I care.

Yeah the 2 or 3 I've watched has been pretty similar but not quite as juvenile. That has been kicked up a notch over the last few weeks.

One of the debates I watched the media crowned Trump as the winner the next day and I didn't feel like that was the case at all. This was before candidates stooped to Trumps level calling him baby hands and such. It's insane to watch.

Even more crazy is Cruz and Rubio not willing to draw a line and say they won't support Trump if he's the nominee. They can waffle on other subjects but when it comes to supporting the nominee Cruz "gave his word" (Like that means something all of a sudden.) and Rubio doesn't want to support Trump but Hillary is so awful he would.

We're starting to see which politicians actually have some balls. Who's willing to denounce Trump and vote across the aisle to prove their point? Or who's too concerned about their career after the campaign to make a stand. Like Christie. I'm sure Cruz is hoping to have Trumps followers if he somehow gets the nod.
There were dick references.

Congratulations, America.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I heard they just announced that Jerry Springer would be hosting the next debate.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

No matter how disgusted the average American is with his country and his country's leaders never forget...the rest of the world hates us because of our freedom.
(03-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think this is the state of the people being so petty, boorish and childish themselves.

Ding ding ding!  Trump's boorish behavior has been steamrolling the rest of the field, so recently Cruz and Rubio have decided to play his game out of desperation.  Kasich is still trying to fight the good fight, but he will always lack the charisma to be POTUS.

The end-game now is to force a brokered convention where Trump probably will not get the nomination.  We could see a Rubio/Kasich ticket come out of that (which is what more than a few people have hoped for from the beginning)....OR the idea is being floated that Romney could make another go of it.

Ohio is actually shaping up to be the last line of defense against a Trump nomination.  Rubio and Kasich are going to need to decide which of them can stop Trump there, because if they split their votes it won't happen.  

I think Rubio will be forced to drop out when he gets embarrassed in Florida.
(03-04-2016, 11:08 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: One of the debates I watched the media crowned Trump as the winner the next day and I didn't feel like that was the case at all. This was before candidates stooped to Trumps level calling him baby hands and such. It's insane to watch.

CNN and MSNBC are loving the ratings and the potential of Trump to be the nominee (and easy win, most assume, for Hillary).

Fox is torn between loving the ratings and panic that Trump might actually be the nominee.  They had a clear agenda in the first debate, and last night, to knock Trump down a peg.
(03-04-2016, 06:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: CNN and MSNBC are loving the ratings and the potential of Trump to be the nominee (and easy win, most assume, for Hillary).

Fox is torn between loving the ratings and panic that Trump might actually be the nominee.  They had a clear agenda in the first debate, and last night, to knock Trump down a peg.

Trump knocked himself down a peg. Unfortunately Rubio has taken Trumps bait. Kasich was clearly the best of the 4.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-04-2016, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No matter how disgusted the average American is with his country and his country's leaders never forget...the rest of the world hates us because of our freedom.

Sorry, they hate us because we're big and stupid, and this election cycle just proves it. We sit on nukes that could kill everybody and his dog ten times over, and we're actually flirting with handing the keys over to an egotistical, bloviating reality star with zero political experience who talks about the size of his dick on national television and laments how he can't nail his own daughter. Meanwhile, his competitors engage in a WWE-like wrestling match, calling him a fraud and a scam and any other line they can be fed, yet still admit that, yep, they'd vote for him.

What a ***** circus.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(03-05-2016, 12:45 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sorry, they hate us because we're big and stupid, and this election cycle just proves it. We sit on nukes that could kill everybody and his dog ten times over, and we're actually flirting with handing the keys over to an egotistical, bloviating reality star with zero political experience who talks about the size of his dick on national television and laments how he can't nail his own daughter. Meanwhile, his competitors engage in a WWE-like wrestling match, calling him a fraud and a scam and any other line they can be fed, yet still admit that, yep, they'd vote for him.

What a ***** circus.

Don't look now, but I think you filled in the text between the lines of his post.