Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixed Results for New OC
I like some of the things the new offensive coordinator Zampese did for the Bengals but my main concern is his lack of adjustment after the first half. Is anybody else concerned?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like some of the things the new offensive coordinator Zampese did for the Bengals but my main concern is his lack of adjustment after the first half. Is anybody else concerned?

I honestly believe his inability to make second half adjustments coupled with his inability to dial up a play to spark the offense in the second half of games and the fact that he took away Andy's ability to run the no huddle like he did with Hue Jackson (Tony Pike discussed this on the Mo and Tony show. Basically they aren't allowing Dalton to call plays at the line this season). All of these reasons are why Zamp needs to be let go. 
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
The red zone offense is a concern. But didn't we have the same issues Hugh's first year as well?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
In 2016 the Bengals offense was ranked 24th in the league in total points and 13th in a league in total yards.

In 2015 under Hue Jackson the Bengals offense was ranked 7th in total points and 15th in the league and total yards
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:44 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The red zone offense is a concern. But didn't we have the same issues Hugh's first year as well?

The problem this year in the Red Zone was the lack of Tyler eifert
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: In 2016 the Bengals offense was ranked 24th in the league in total points and 13th in a league in total yards.

In 2015 under Hue Jackson the Bengals offense was ranked 7th in total points and 15th in the league and total yards

In 2014 under Hue Jackson the Bengals ranked 15th in points and 15th in yards.
Reply/Quote
Mixed reviews? Not from me, I think he sucks ass. Nothing more than a puppet of Marvin Lewis scripted game plan. Put him back to position coach, or just send him packing and bring in a man with a mind of his own.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mixed reviews? Not from me, I think he sucks ass. Nothing more than a puppet of Marvin Lewis scripted game plan. Put him back to position coach, or just send him packing and bring in a man with a mind of his own.

[Image: 85j5j.jpg]
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Hearing that they took away Andy's ability to audible is pretty ridiculous. He proved himself in 2015 to be superb at calling plays at the line and audibling. So in true Marvin fashion they take it away from him...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 04:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like some of the things the new offensive coordinator Zampese did for the Bengals but my main concern is his lack of adjustment after the first half. Is anybody else concerned?

it was a real mixed bag...i remember about halfway through the season on another thread saying i was looking forward to seeing what the Offense identity would be under Zamp now that Eifert was back - at that point we all thought the D was the issue and that offensively we would get better....

Overall it was disappointing after last year but the collapse of the OLine pass protection was hard to see coming. Green and Eifert out obviously impacted as well.

I would agree that the second half issues are the biggest concern.  We did nothing in the 4th quarter all year and red zone was an ongoing frustration.  

One thing i will say was a plus was finding ways of getting AJ involved...seemed to move him around more 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   Nothing more than a puppet of Marvin Lewis scripted game plan.

Link?

Source?

Anything at all to back this up?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Source?

Yeah, 13 years of the same crap backs it up just fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hearing that they took away Andy's ability to audible is pretty ridiculous. 

Where did you hear this?

I saw Andy audible many times.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Source?

None needed.  I clearly stated "I think", in the post, you should have quoted the entire post..  I never tried to allude to fact, or even an opinion published by a "source".  It isn't necessary, as I can see, think, and am able to form my own opinions.

But, thanks for responding. Wink

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: None needed.  I clearly stated "I think", in the post, you should have quoted the entire post..  I never tried to allude to fact, or even an opinion published by a "source".  It isn't necessary, as I can see, think, and am able to form my own opinions.

But, thanks for responding. Wink

So you form your opinions without any facts on which to base them?

That certainly explains most of your posts in the P&R forum.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you form your opinions without any facts on which to base them?

That certainly explains most of your posts in the P&R forum.

I'm quite capable, as are you, or any other fan, of watching games and being able to form an opinion, based upon what I see. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not really a fan of Zampese. I think we need to look elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
The post saying they took away calling the plays at the line and such is upthread. It says Tony Pike made the statement on a sports show.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mixed reviews?  Not from me, I think he sucks ass.  Nothing more than a puppet of Marvin Lewis scripted game plan.  Put him back to position coach, or just send him packing and bring in a man with a mind of his own.

Agree 100%
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:50 PM)sonofstat Wrote: it was a real mixed bag...i remember about halfway through the season on another thread saying i was looking forward to seeing what the Offense identity would be under Zamp now that Eifert was back - at that point we all thought the D was the issue and that offensively we would get better....

Overall it was disappointing after last year but the collapse of the OLine pass protection was hard to see coming. Green and Eifert out obviously impacted as well.

I would agree that the second half issues are the biggest concern.  We did nothing in the 4th quarter all year and red zone was an ongoing frustration.  

One thing i will say was a plus was finding ways of getting AJ involved...seemed to move him around more 
I agree there were issues with the offensive line.

I think Zampese was creaive with the overall game plan.  My main concern and this includes with Marvin, is the coaches inability to make adjustments after halftime. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote