Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Ankle Update Monday Oct. 4th
Adam Shefter reports Mixon has a low grade lower ankle injury is will be game to game decision

Sounds like great news
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pretty much a lock he misses Packer game. We should move on after season not worth what we are paying him. Especially since he is still a liability in pass pro
Reply/Quote
I'd bet anything Mixon plays... Definitely need all the bullets for the Packers...
Reply/Quote
game to game decision.... That's an interesting classification.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pretty vague but more informative than we had before. I also expect Mixon plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 02:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Pretty much a lock he misses Packer game. We should move on after season not worth what we are paying him. Especially since he is still a liability in pass pro

Cutting him after this season would cost $8,250,000 mil in dead cap. Not happening.

Reply/Quote
I want Mixon to play but I’m honestly more worried about Bates, Awuzie and Higgins not playing feel like they play more important positions. If Joe can’t go I’m interested to see what Evans can do with more opportunities, especially in the passing game. I think Perine kinda stinks but long as he the hits the hole and gets positive yards when it’s there I’ll be happy.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cutting him after this season would cost $8,250,000 mil in dead cap. Not happening.

Not to mention, RBs get injured it's a risk of the job.

Dalvin Cook, banged up last year and again this season. Pretty sure the Vikings aren't dumping him.

CMC is the same, missing games two years in a row and Carolina's offense runs through him.

What is Mixon averaging, near 20 touches a game and gets hit/tackled on nearly each one of them. Dude is going to get banged up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:05 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I want Mixon to play but I’m honestly more worried about Bates, Awuzie and Higgins not playing feel like they play more important positions. If Joe can’t go I’m interested to see what Evans can do with more opportunities, especially in the passing game. I think Perine kinda stinks but long as he the hits the hole and gets positive yards when it’s there I’ll be happy.

Missing any of the starters from the secondary against Rodgers would definitely suck.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Missing any of the starters from the secondary against Rodgers would definitely suck.

Awuzie honestly might be the most important, he was playing great before the injury he’s are CB1. Apple obviously isn’t good and I think Wayne’s will take a few games to get settled in. If Awuzie plays it will be interesting to see how they play Adams I would do everything to take him out out the game and make the Packers other WR’s beat me.
Reply/Quote
If Mixon is a no-go do they bring Trayveon Williams from the practice squad? Jacques Patrick would have been nice to have right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not to mention, RBs get injured it's a risk of the job.

Dalvin Cook, banged up last year and again this season. Pretty sure the Vikings aren't dumping him.

CMC is the same, missing games two years in a row and Carolina's offense runs through him.

What is Mixon averaging, near 20 touches a game and gets hit/tackled on nearly each one of them. Dude is going to get banged up.

I agree that the Bengals aren't going to cut Mixon after this season, but....

Dalvin Cook career average of 4.7 YPC, best year of 1,557 rushing yards/16 rushing TDs, 361 receiving yards/0 TDs
CMC career average of 4.6 YPC, best year of 1,387 rushing yards/15 rushing TDs, 1,005 receiving yards/4 TDs
Joe Mixon career average of 4.1 YPC, best year of 1,168 rushing yards/8 rushing TDs, 296 receiving yards/1 TD

Thinking that Cook, CMC, and Mixon are in the same place as far as talent and production ceiling shown is just not true, so they're always going to be treated differently. If Ed Reed missed 2 seasons, he's going to get more slack than if Jessie Bates missed 2 seasons. Doesn't mean Jessie Bates isn't good, but he's not Ed Reed good. Mixon is a good RB, but he has nowhere near the ceiling as Cook and CMC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A week off for Mixon might be a blessing in disguise. He's been on pace for too many carries.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:17 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Awuzie honestly might be the most important, he was playing great before the injury he’s are CB1. Apple obviously isn’t good and I think Wayne’s will take a few games to get settled in. If Awuzie plays it will be interesting to see how they play Adams I would do everything to take him out out the game and make the Packers other WR’s beat me.

The good news is that Trae Waynes should be intimately familiar with Mr. Rogers.  I won't lie, the thought of having a full secondary of Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton, Bates and Bell gets me pretty excited.  That's a quality group.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:55 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: A week off for Mixon might be a blessing in disguise. He's been on pace for too many carries.

No way is that a blessing in disguise when you want to control clock and keep Rogers on the bench. Perine is completely useless. I was livid when they resigned putz Perine. If Mixon can't go, I hope it's Evans that starts and gets the bulk of work..
Reply/Quote
He added he will be limited in the early part of the week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Mix has a whole week to heal up. He'll play next Sunday.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree that the Bengals aren't going to cut Mixon after this season, but....

Dalvin Cook career average of 4.7 YPC, best year of 1,557 rushing yards/16 rushing TDs, 361 receiving yards/0 TDs
CMC career average of 4.6 YPC, best year of 1,387 rushing yards/15 rushing TDs, 1,005 receiving yards/4 TDs
Joe Mixon career average of 4.1 YPC, best year of 1,168 rushing yards/8 rushing TDs, 296 receiving yards/1 TD

Thinking that Cook, CMC, and Mixon are in the same place as far as talent and production ceiling shown is just not true, so they're always going to be treated differently. If Ed Reed missed 2 seasons, he's going to get more slack than if Jessie Bates missed 2 seasons. Doesn't mean Jessie Bates isn't good, but he's not Ed Reed good. Mixon is a good RB, but he has nowhere near the ceiling as Cook and CMC.

Not Mixon is or isn't as talented as Cook and McCaffery but he's not the focal point of the offense the same way those guys are for they're teams and we certainly don't get him the targets like those guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:55 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: A week off for Mixon might be a blessing in disguise. He's been on pace for too many carries.

I agree and if he does play it may be a blessing that maybe we will make it more of a focus using the other running backs.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Not Mixon is or isn't as talented as Cook and McCaffery but he's not the focal point of the offense the same way those guys are for they're teams and we certainly don't get him the targets like those guys.

Anyone who is supremely talented is going to become the focal point of the offense. They force the coaches hands. Nobody gets an All-Pro caliber offensive skill player and then doesn't get them the ball. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote