Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Odell Thurman
(06-07-2020, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What was Bill's problem again? Don't remember?

DRUGS! performance enhancing DRUGS!!! 

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 03:02 PM)RASCAL Wrote: DRUGS! performance enhancing DRUGS!!! 

Makes sense, dude was ripped.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 03:02 PM)RASCAL Wrote: DRUGS! performance enhancing DRUGS!!! 

He was also kind of an asshole, even for a guy that get's paid to play a violent position.  He was Vontaze before there was Vontaze.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 05:45 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I didn't know any of that. I traveled around the country so much back in those days I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention. I do wish someone on here could produce that picture of Odell way up in the air like a hanging there Jesus that had me committed to him right there. I do disagree with you on him being great in the NFL. But after what you said about him at Georgia, makes me wonder!.

Oh, gawd, that was such a stupid play on his part. He could have sacked the QB on that play if he hadn’t jumped up into the air like that, but instead he slipped away. Like his career.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2020, 08:05 AM)pally Wrote: Fred's post on high draft pick injuries mentioned Odell Thurman. It got me wondering where he ended up. I ran across this 2019 very in-depth interview with him and those who know him. It is the story of his journey into and thankfully out of life-threatening alcohol and drug abuse.
He has finished his college degree, has a job, and works with Univ of Georgia athletics. It took a year in in-patient rehab to get clean and sober but he has apparently made it through to the other side.

I was afraid I would find an article about him being dead or in jail. I'm glad to see he is finally healthy and well.

The interview is well worth the 30 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzvhhTqfsE

He could have been our Ray Lewis. People laugh when I say that. Wish he would have got it together cause he was a difference maker. I also think Chris Henry could have been just as good as Moss. Both players had the talent to be HOF players. It’s a shame.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 01:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: He could have been our Ray Lewis. People laugh when I say that. Wish he would have got it together cause he was a difference maker. I also think Chris Henry could have been just as good as Moss. Both players had the talent to be HOF players. It’s a shame.

Henry as good as Moss??

[Image: 1w3Y.gif]

HoF talent is one thing, but generational top 5 all time at their positions is quite another...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 01:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: He could have been our Ray Lewis. People laugh when I say that. Wish he would have got it together cause he was a difference maker. I also think Chris Henry could have been just as good as Moss. Both players had the talent to be HOF players. It’s a shame.

Yeah, no.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 10:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, no.

yep

I'd say it's not going out on to much of a limb to say he could have done better if he didn't have all the issues and distractions he had. But Moss level ? quite a stretch
Reply/Quote
I don’t really remember Rice in his prime, so for me, Moss and TO are the best I’ve ever seen. (Honorable mention to Megatron) Chris Henry doesn’t even belong in the same conversation as those guys. Hell, he was only the 3rd best WR on his own team...

I was looking up Moss’ college stats and couldn’t believe his numbers...96 rec 1820 yds 26 TD in 13 games :O

I didn’t really follow college football back then, how bad was the conference Marshall played in at the time??

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really remember Rice in his prime, so for me, Moss and TO are the best I’ve ever seen. (Honorable mention to Megatron) Chris Henry doesn’t even belong in the same conversation as those guys. Hell, he was only the 3rd best WR on his own team...

I was looking up Moss’ college stats and couldn’t believe his numbers...96 rec 1820 yds 26 TD in 13 games :O

I didn’t really follow college football back then, how bad was the conference Marshall played in at the time??

On the national level not all that great. Many MAC teams back then were still playing IIRC a lot of option football, wishbone, wing T stuff. Marshall had some pretty good teams however in the mid/late 90's early 00's with Chad Pennington, Moss, and Byron Leftwich and a couple others I've forgot.

I haven't watched them very much in last several seasons.

BTW the Marshall Ole Miss bowl game from 96 or whenever is a good one. I watched part of it again on espn classic or something few weeks ago.
Reply/Quote