Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mixon Could Have High Ankle Sprain
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/10/1/22704549/joe-mixon-injury-bengals-packers-news-nfl-high-ankle-sprain

You know how Taylor and Bengals are when it comes to injuries but it looks like we will be without Mixon for at least a few games.
Reply/Quote
Sure would be nice to have Jaques Patrick on the practice squad right about now....
Reply/Quote
Really? Cincyjungle? And it is just the opinion of some blogger with zero actual information from the team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? Cincyjungle? And it is just the opinion of some blogger with zero actual information from the team?

Thank you!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure would be nice to have Jaques Patrick on the practice squad right about now....

I know, I really wished we still had him. I think he's going to do some good things in his career. I'm also not sold on Perine, but I guess this is his opportunity to show what he's got and hopefully he shines.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? Cincyjungle? And it is just the opinion of some blogger with zero actual information from the team?

Cincy Jungle is mostly awful.
Reply/Quote
This is where Cincy Jungle got the info for that article

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yikes. Perine has been awful. Is there anyone of note on the street?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yikes. Perine has been awful. Is there anyone of note on the street?

Doubtful. Baltimore has broken more RBs this year than Mixon has tackles
Reply/Quote
And like I said, he's just an internet "expert" who charges you money to see more than the minimum on the website. Not trustworthy especially as there is zero official team information supporting it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yikes. Perine has been awful. Is there anyone of note on the street?

Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley are notable names. But as many teams have had injuries at RB neither have been signed. The question would be who would the Bengals demote to give them basically a temp job. Probably best to roll with what the Bengals have if Mixon has to miss a few games.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I’m a big Mixon fan but it’s every ***** year with this guy. Ugh

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m a big Mixon fan but it’s every ***** year with this guy. Ugh

It's certainly frustrating but sometimes it's just bad luck.  It only takes one person landing on a player the wrong way to injure them.  I think that is fairly true at the position he plays where swarms of defenders are targeting him on each run.  It is certainly a high risk position.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: This is where Cincy Jungle got the info for that article

1. He was 100% wrong on Burrow
2. He was 100% wrong on another high-profile injury recently (can't find it).
3. Wrong on this: https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1443735275084005415
4. Wrong on this: https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1442324748348760069

I can go on; the Twitter profile is full of hearsay and opinions, little rooted in fact. Now, he is a doctor and doctors can diagnose things, but that's when they see the patient and touch the area, work on it, etc. He's watching it on TV and making calls.

The big one was Burrow though; thanks to him, there was all that mass hysteria and chicken little attitudes towards the injury, when anyone with a brain and who listened to people that actually worked on Burrow, knew he would be back for the start of the season at the very latest (and he was back way before that).

Mixon could very well have a HAS, but let's wait for someone who will see the injury in person, to tell us about the severity, not some borderline, "former NFL-doctor."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's wait for real information from actual team related sources before reacting.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: And like I said, he's just an internet "expert" who charges you money to see more than the minimum on the website. Not trustworthy especially as there is zero official team information supporting it.

Trustworthy and official team in the same sentence and your shit talking Cindy Jungle? Wait wait wait your talking about the team who said Mixons injury wasn’t bad last year and AJ Green the year before? Both guys who were week to week never played another snap that year. Oh yeah and Trae this year who was week to week for how many weeks?

Funny how your all over jungle and then wait to hear from Zac for the official word? ? yeah ok….

I don’t love the jungle but you act like it’s pure BS and you have no clue yourself.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 07:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It's certainly frustrating but sometimes it's just bad luck.  It only takes one person landing on a player the wrong way to injure them.  I think that is fairly true at the position he plays where swarms of defenders are targeting him on each run.  It is certainly a high risk position.  

Well sure, all of Eifert’s injuries were just bad luck, too. It’s very seldom a case of the player actually doing something stupid (ie Shazier).

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 07:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It's certainly frustrating but sometimes it's just bad luck.  It only takes one person landing on a player the wrong way to injure them.  I think that is fairly true at the position he plays where swarms of defenders are targeting him on each run.  It is certainly a high risk position.  

Maybe so, but when bad luck to the tune of multiple games missed per year happens in 4 out of 5 years, you can't blame someone if they think they start to see it as a trend. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m a big Mixon fan but it’s every ***** year with this guy. Ugh

Yeah it happened on that last drive on a nice run to the sideline and honestly I had a bit of the same thought when he came up limping. But I just rewatched the 2nd half and that defender not only fell on his ankles from behind but then he literally was rolling on the ground on his ankles. Definitely a bit of a dirty play.
Reply/Quote
Very few running backs make it thru the whole year wothout missing some time. It is a very tough position. But was Mixon wearing a walking boot? Seems it would be very hard to hide the fact he has a high ankle sprain because I believe he'd be in a walking boot.
Reply/Quote