Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon > Hill Article
Im hoping Hill can turn it around this year, if not the team needs to be ready to pull the plug on his first signs that he's not going to be capable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 10:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hill will be just fine this year.

I know I'm talking like Denny used to, but I literally don't see him NOT having a solid, good year, with over 1000 yards, 4.3 YPC and 10 rushing TDs...

Unless he gets hurt.

Next year, Mixon takes over and becomes a top 3 RB in the league. Bank on it.

If they are smart, they won't run (pardon the pun) any of the RBs in to the ground, but will keep a rotation of healthy, speedy options coming in to maximize their production and to keep them healthy for the post season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 07:00 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Even in the last handful of posts on here today :

I have heard that WJIII is going to be an All Pro CB

Mixon will be a top 3 RB in the league

Ross is, by far,  the best WR in this rookie class and will dominate soon

maybe 5% of our fans prognostications about our talent ends up  accurate 

In the eyes of some posters on here, we have:

The top Rookie WR
A Top 3 NFL WR
The best TE in football
A top 3 RB
An all Pro CB
Best DT in football
A top 10 QB
The best trio of RBs in the NFL
The best Linebacker in the NFL
and an all Pro DE

Makes sense. 

Ha, typical useless banter from a chuffer like you.

Dude, I have NEVER made anything outlandish on my 9 years posting, save for Whitworth is the best LT in the game (and guess what? I've been right all along).

Don't lump me in with the over-zealous.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 07:00 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Even in the last handful of posts on here today :

I have heard that WJIII is going to be an All Pro CB

Mixon will be a top 3 RB in the league

Ross is, by far,  the best WR in this rookie class and will dominate soon

maybe 5% of our fans prognostications about our talent ends up  accurate 

In the eyes of some posters on here, we have:

The top Rookie WR
A Top 3 NFL WR
The best TE in football
A top 3 RB
An all Pro CB
Best DT in football
A top 10 QB
The best trio of RBs in the NFL
The best Linebacker in the NFL
and an all Pro DE

Makes sense. 
1 AJ is a top 3 receiver. 2John Ross is most talented wr in class.3 Mr Glass has to stay healthy for that. 4 maybe next year if Mixon develops.5 I think Dre can have an all pro season. 6 its arguably true. 7 by stats Dalton is a top 10 QB. 8 Falcons are our only legit competition. 9 Burfict if he can continues to play smart and not committing stupid pena;ties or unnecessary hits this could be true. 10 Carlos is borderline all pro
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 10:36 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 AJ is a top 3 receiver. 2John Ross is most talented wr in class.3 Mr Glass has to stay healthy for that. 4 maybe next year if Mixon develops.5 I think Dre can have an all pro season. 6 its arguably true. 7 by stats Dalton is a top 10 QB. 8 Falcons are our only legit competition. 9 Burfict if he can continues to play smart and not committing stupid pena;ties or unnecessary hits this could be true. 10 Carlos is borderline all pro

Yet we somehow won 6 games last year, and have not won a playoff game in nearly 3 decades. 

Doesn't add up, despite your hopes and wishes 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 08:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The best part is the pre-season is just a taste of what the offense is capable of. Due to the fact that playbooks are intentionally limited and starters/quality back ups are removed from the game very early, you're basically seeing about 5 to 10 plays from any given player per game.

At RB, especially, the value is in repetition. There will be runs that inevitably don't go anywhere, just due to blocking and defensive schemes not creating any holes for the RB to get through. So only seeing 20 carries from Mixon is the equivalent of less than a game's worth of action once he's starting. Later in the game, I can see him breaking a lot more runs for big gains, once the defense is worn down.

I'm not sure where that tweet in this article got its data about snaps though. Bengals.com has Mixon with 20 attempts to Hill's 18. Plus, Mixon had 3 receptions as well.
http://www.bengals.com/team/stats.html

And that's corroborated on these sites as well:
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/stats
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=cin

I don't think either of them got any snaps in the pre-season finale (granted, I didn't watch it because who cares about the 4th pre-season game?) so I don't know where the tweet got 23  vs 17 snaps through 3 games.

Regardless, it's obvious that Mixon is a better weapon than Hill is outside of the Red Zone. If Lewis watches the tape of his preseason, he'll see what is right in front of his face. At the very least, I expect some screens and short out passes to go to Mixon early on, as he has proven to be very good at those types of plays throughout his career.

I expect Mixon to be the premiere back in week 1. He may not be the "starter" but he will hopefully get the majority of the non red zone carries as well as several plays designed for him to shine.

Or, you know, Lewis can do what he always does and sits his rookies for far too long and we'll all be pissed. But then, if we don't make the playoffs this year and win at least 1 game, I think Lewis is out of town in January anyway, so maybe next year we get a coach who does value talent that is right in front of his face :).

Great post CJD. Agree with everything you say here. Mixon is clearly the most talented back and while Hill has looked
better this preseason he still is not near as versatile as Mixon or Gio and is a worse pass protector. Mixon will get tons
of snaps, just as much or more than Hill or Gio. He is simply too good and even Marv knows it.
Reply/Quote
One game in:

Hill 6 carries for 24 yards (4.3/carry)

Mixon 8 carries for 9 yards (1.1/carry)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One game in:

Hill 6 carries for 24 yards (4.3/carry)

Mixon 8 carries for 9 yards (1.1/carry)

We decided Hill needed zounds of touches to get going...maybe Mixon does too.  

50 carries! Look out Corey Dillon.  Look out NFL. 
Reply/Quote