Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Injury Update
I read that he has a sprained ankle. NOT believed to be serious. NOT in a boot.

BUT, will have an mri Monday just to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read that he has a sprained ankle. NOT believed to be serious. NOT in a boot.

After seeing the replay, he's damn lucky not to have a broken ankle.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: After seeing the replay, he's damn lucky not to have a broken ankle.

Yep. Looked bad. I’ll be relieved when we get something definite.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Makes you wonder though... how much of staying healthy is luck and how much is some inherent quality of your body?

LT missed 1 game in his first 8 seasons.
Mixon is looking at missing games in each of his first 3 seasons.

This ankle injury seems to be more under the bad luck category, but three years of bad luck in a row slowly stops being simply "bad luck" (as Eifert has shown).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Makes you wonder though... how much of staying healthy is luck and how much is some inherent quality of your body?

This ankle injury seems to be more under the bad luck category, but three years of bad luck in a row slowly stops being simply "bad luck" (as Eifert has shown).

I chalk almost all of it up to luck personally, unless it's a recurring injury to the same body part.

Some players go their whole careers without a major injury, while Eifert has been the opposite side of that coin. Overall I think it all tends to balance out, and Eifert's just the ying to some players yang.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read that he has a sprained ankle. NOT believed to be serious. NOT in a boot.

“Sprained ankle” diagnosis by this medical staff translates to after 2nd opinion career ending injury. Always hold my breath till the 2nd opinion diagnosis is in.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:11 AM)TKUHL Wrote: “Sprained ankle” diagnosis by this medical staff translates to after 2nd opinion career ending injury. Always hold my breath till the 2nd opinion diagnosis is in.

It is just a "ding" or bruised bone...  Twitch
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Mixon looked pissed off, and I get it. Just stay positive, big guy. Your time will come against different schemes.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Makes you wonder though... how much of staying healthy is luck and how much is some inherent quality of your body?

It's a little of both. There are definitely training techniques to strengthen areas that can get injured frequently. But, you can still get injured.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Great to read!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read that he has a sprained ankle. NOT believed to be serious. NOT in a boot.

MRI says he can possibly play week 2 no damage.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great to read!

This franchise seems to always have players hurt in key positions and its every pickin year.Joe has had his injuries since he has been here and I still say they are snakebit and until they win it all, I will not change my mind and for Dalton to so-call fumble,which he did not , that ruined any change to win and he seems to always have issuses each and every year.He has had so many goofy injuries,I am always holding my breath and they better get his line ready to see a ton of pass rushing crazies from the niners. I hope they win,but it will not surprise me if they do not. I see 8 and 8 maybe.
Reply/Quote

Good news. Thanks.
Reply/Quote

Please do NOT rush Mixon back until 100%!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Please do NOT rush Mixon back until 100%!
100 percent overrated,,  most players are playing less than 100 percent. If he can tolerate it well enough he will play
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 100 percent overrated,,  most players are playing less than 100 percent. If he can tolerate it well enough he will play

You best believe Mixon wants too play. He wants a big year so he can get a contract extension comparable to Elliott. not saying he will want as much as zeke but something close. I think he will hold out next season to get it. If not don't look to seeing Mixon until week 10 next season
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 100 percent overrated,,  most players are playing less than 100 percent. If he can tolerate it well enough he will play

Mixon has been antsy to play all preseason.  The guy will want to play, even with one leg.  I say they hold him until Bills game.  But if that is the case, it seems they would bring up Ellis at least by Tuesday.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You best believe Mixon wants too play. He wants a big year so he can get a contract extension comparable to Elliott. not saying he will want as much as zeke but something close. I think he will hold out next season to get it. If not don't look to seeing Mixon until week 10 next season

That's an interesting storyline.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You best believe Mixon wants too play. He wants a big year so he can get a contract extension comparable to Elliott. not saying he will want as much as zeke but something close. I think he will hold out next season to get it. If not don't look to seeing Mixon until week 10 next season

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote