Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Is Draft Sharks 2018 BREAKOUT PLAYER!
(08-01-2018, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Overzealous fans that forget they root for the Bengals.

When was the last time a Bengals team had this much talent with coaches who actually know what they're doing?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 10:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When was the last time a Bengals team had this much talent with coaches who actually know what they're doing?

The exact same thing has been said (yes, even last year) for the last several years. 

It's always wash, rinse, repeat around here. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
But a better question would be, when's the last time this years Bengals team made the playoffs and advanced?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Overzealous fans that forget they root for the Bengals.

That might be a valid statement any other offseason, but we went 7-9 last year and look at all the improvements made to the team and coaching staff.

It's not just blind optimism this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 12:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That might be a valid statement any other offseason, but we went 7-9 last year and look at all the improvements made to the team and coaching staff.

It's not just blind optimism this year.

How many games have they won?

It's the definition of blind optimism. 

Reply/Quote
Believe Mixon is in for a breakout year as well.

But for Fantasy Gio will take more carries than one may think.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How many games have they won?

It's the definition of blind optimism. 

We’ve brought in better players and have better coaches.

It’s optimism based on logic and probability.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The exact same thing has been said (yes, even last year) for the last several years. 

Last year I didn't think we'd win 5 games, and we went 7-9.  We've made improvements, hired new coaches, have key players coming back healthy, and have battles for starting positions.  Much to be optimistic about my friend.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 08:22 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Last year I didn't think we'd win 5 games, and we went 7-9.  We've made improvements, hired new coaches, have key players coming back healthy, and have battles for starting positions.  Much to be optimistic about my friend.

Although I'm a bit more optimistic than Rfaulk I fully understand where he's coming from and agree with him sorta. 

In other words I have no illusions this team is going to go from being somewhere between an NFL joke/wanna be contender and miraculously morph into the Patriots in one season. However I am holding out hope things are changing.

I mean for the love of gawd Mike Brown surely after 26 seasons has to realize his way doesn't work and let the football people do football things right ? Isn't that what happened this offseason ?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Although I'm a bit more optimistic than Rfaulk I fully understand where he's coming from and agree with him sorta. 

In other words I have no illusions this team is going to go from being somewhere between an NFL joke/wanna be contender and miraculously morph into the Patriots in one season. However I am holding out hope things are changing.

I mean for the love of gawd Mike Brown surely after 26 seasons has to realize his way doesn't work and let the football people do football things right ? Isn't that what happened this offseason ?

Well buddy.  You'll have to excuse me, but after all I've read and seen, I'm chugging the Kool-Aid.  I might be in for a let down, but at least I'm feeling good about our team this year.  Last year, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Although I'm a bit more optimistic than Rfaulk I fully understand where he's coming from and agree with him sorta. 

Gotta agree.  As I said earlier, I think they hit about 9 wins this season....which is an improvement.  I think it will be another year before they reach their full potential.  It may come sooner, but I have my reservations with so many new moving pieces.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta agree.  As I said earlier, I think they hit about 9 wins this season....which is an improvement.  I think it will be another year before they reach their full potential.  It may come sooner, but I have my reservations with so many new moving pieces.

I'm still on the Kool-Aid.  Very excited for this season, and I haven't been able to say that for awhile.  

[Image: caa3056ec0056def2fbdb1a6d7ce6a12.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 08:46 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate my friend, lets not forget Mark Walton. Am I excited about this kid!!!

Should see a lot of him this Preseason. He is a talent with mad heart.

If injuries happen to either Mixon or Gio he is a great compliment to fall back on.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The exact same thing has been said (yes, even last year) for the last several years. 

Would have to still have PA here and not of made many if any of these moves this Offseason for it to be the exact same.

Get outta here with this. Been 23 years of the same til this season when we finally did things the right way.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm still on the Kool-Aid.  Very excited for this season, and I haven't been able to say that for awhile.  

I feel ya brother....this is Kool-Aid for me.....I predicted 6 wins MAX last season! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm still on the Kool-Aid.  Very excited for this season, and I haven't been able to say that for awhile.  

Oh I'm with ya brother !

I think we'll see a much improved team this season in all facets of the game. 9-10 win season is very probable.

But I'm not going to jump off a cliff yelling Super Bowl here we come and having Mike and Marvin in charge of pulling the rip cord on my parachute.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 03:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I'm with ya brother !

I think we'll see a much improved team this season in all facets of the game. 9-10 win season is very probable.

But I'm not going to jump off a cliff yelling Super Bowl here we come and having Mike and Marvin in charge of pulling the rip cord on my parachute.

Yeah, i have to see a Playoff win before i believe it under Marv.

I just find it to be a bit ridiculous to not see that even with Marv and PA we still won a lot of regular season games.

Adding Pollack, Lazor, Austin, Van Pelt, a new WR coach always forget his name, Glenn and Price should have most
excited and seeing us win atleast 8 games. Hearing all the right things and with our weapons and a renewed running
game i see us winning around 12 but losing in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i have to see a Playoff win before i believe it under Marv.

I just find it to be a bit ridiculous to not see that even with Marv and PA we still won a lot of regular season games.

Adding Pollack, Lazor, Austin, Van Pelt, a new WR coach always forget his name, Glenn and Price should have most
excited and seeing us win atleast 8 games. Hearing all the right things and with our weapons and a renewed running
game i see us winning around 12 but losing in the Playoffs.

Oh I agree, I don't think 12 wins is out of the question. Nor do I feel a playoff win is out of the question.

But going from where this team has been with 26 years of Mike and now what 16 ? of Marvin I'm not gonna bet the farm all is fixed and all is well in one offseason.

I'd be elated if it was, be drunk for a week. Nah a year 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 04:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I agree, I don't think 12 wins is out of the question. Nor do I feel a playoff win is out of the question.

But going from where this team has been with 26 years of Mike and now what 16 ? of Marvin I'm not gonna bet the farm all is fixed and all is well in one offseason.

I'd be elated if it was, be drunk for a week. Nah a year 

I can see where Wyche is coming from and thinking it will take more than one year.

But sure am liking what i am seeing at Training Camp so far, the O-line playing mean, nasty, aggressive football in
particular has me pumped. You get that in front of Mixon and who knows how good we can be. To think that moving
on from PA and adding Frank Pollack is not a big deal baffles me is all.

This move alone is different than what has been going on for the last 20 or so years.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 03:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Mixon is in for a breakout year as well.

But for Fantasy Gio will take more carries than one may think.

Agree, people need to remember Bernard will get plenty of touches too. I see Mixon getting about 250 touches and Bernard getting about 200-225. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote