Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon, Jackson out; Daniels in
(10-23-2020, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So it's Phillips, Sims, and Alexander defending OBJ, Landry, and Hooper?
Lovely.

Take the Browns to cover and the over ...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 02:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. He's been playing through the rib injury. And even with it, he still could produce rather well. He just put up 88 yards on IND two weeks ago.

BUt no one knew he had a broken rib.

Now, the DB knows to punch him in the rib cage as a part of jamming him on the line.  He won't last long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: BUt no one knew he had a broken rib.

Now, the DB knows to punch him in the rib cage as a part of jamming him on the line.  He won't last long.

Yeah but knowing our coaches there will be zero bump and run and he’ll get a 5 yard cushion.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah but knowing our coaches there will be zero bump and run and he’ll get a 5 yard cushion.

True dat, but the players should be smart enough to free lance that.
Reply/Quote
We haven’t been able to run the ball all year anyway (outside of the JAX game) so Mixon being out really isn’t that big of a deal.

WJ3 being out is scary though. Mayfield will probably have a career day vs all these backup CB’s.

Our only chance might be winning in a shootout.

Reply/Quote
I'm actually curious to see some Trayveon Williams and Samaje Perine running the ball.

Also, I don't care how much we're down, what the defensive front is showing, or what the down and distance is, don't give up on the run. I'm not saying to never pass but lets avoid having the Browns pass rushers destroy Burrow in what is probably a meaningless game.

Besides, how are you ever going to get to enjoy the excitement of rushing for a 1st down on 3rd and 15 if you don't attempt it once in awhile?

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:13 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm actually curious to see some Trayveon Williams and Samaje Perine running the ball.

Also, I don't care how much we're down, what the defensive front is showing, or what the down and distance is, don't give up on the run. I'm not saying to never pass but lets avoid having the Browns pass rushers destroy Burrow in what is probably a meaningless game.

Besides, how are you ever going to get to enjoy the excitement of rushing for a 1st down on 3rd and 15 if you don't attempt it once in awhile?

I’d rather see Patrick. That 3rd and 1 Perine failed on last week, Patrick would have converted that.
Reply/Quote
Seems like the teams are both equally depleted, so it basically comes down to blocking and tackling execution and who wants it more.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I feel fine with having Gio,and possibly even one or two of the younger running backs in there.Nice to see Daniels is back.He really helps the D-line.I like what he was doing before he got injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: It wouldn’t be the Bengals without multiple vital players being injured all the time.

Exactly. Playing hurt also isn't as rewarding win you know your team is still going nowhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d rather see Patrick. That 3rd and 1 Perine failed on last week, Patrick would have converted that.

Even the announcers mentioned they hated that call. Bring a guy in cold and expect him to overcome the expected. Stupid call, so I don't FULLY blame Perine.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:47 PM)Destro Wrote: Even the announcers mentioned they hated that call. Bring a guy in cold and expect him to overcome the expected. Stupid call, so I don't FULLY blame Perine.

Yeah, dumb call and Perine got hit in the backfield. Patrick probably wouldn't of converted that either. Do the QB sneak.
Reply/Quote