Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mixon No Bueno Vs The Steelers This Week?
The draft in the league with my friends from childhood is tomorrow, which means it's the only draft that matters.

I was picking in the 10th spot to draft but then I switched to ninth because I want to make sure that I grab Mixon in the first round.

I only bring that up because Mixon has not scored a TD in 6 of 8 games against the Steelers, but I just noticed that he did score two against them last season and averaged 127.5 yards a game against them at 5.5 per carry.

The Steelers defense should be a lot better this year but so should our line, which not only helps with run blocking but also pass blocking, which makes Mixon's life a lot easier because defenses won't be able to load the box.

Will Mixon go off against the Steelers in the opening week?

It's supposed to rain in the afternoon and possibly storm, so do we run the ball more?

What kind of stats do you think Mixon puts up this week?
Reply/Quote
I've locked him in on DraftKings on all my lineups. I think he's a lock for 1 TD and 100 yards.... with upside for more.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Steelers got a new DC.

It could be a different defense this year.
Reply/Quote
Back when fantasy football was in its infancy, I played in a friend's league. When my wife questioned why, I said it was a given the Bengals were gonna suck, so I had a "team" to root for.

Now I have a TEAM to root for. My fantasy football is a ring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this draft only for week one only ?

If not who are your options to replace him ?

Either way I role with Mixon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I've locked him in on DraftKings on all my lineups.  I think he's a lock for 1 TD and 100 yards.... with upside for more.

I think he busts one or two runs for at least 30 yards and has a big day! 

With Burrow having time to throw, there's just no way for them to double Chase and then also cover Higgins and Boyd, and not to mention Hurst, while also being able to stack the line enough to stop Mixon!

I think he busts off at least two runs of 30+ yards and I also think that they play soft a lot to be able to stop our passing game, which then Mixon just hammers them home for 6 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Is this draft only for week one only ?

If not who are your options to replace him ?

Either way I role with Mixon.

It's for all season, but I might also play daily leagues like DraftKings.

The 7 spot was open and that's where Chase is supposed to go but, being in Greater Cincinnati, I figure someone will draft him early and then I'd be in a rough spot.

It's possible that someone else could even draft Mixon before he gets to me, but I'm hoping he falls.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The draft in the league with my friends from childhood is tomorrow, which means it's the only draft that matters.

I was picking in the 10th spot to draft but then I switched to ninth because I want to make sure that I grab Mixon in the first round.

I only bring that up because Mixon has not scored a TD in 6 of 8 games against the Steelers, but I just noticed that he did score two against them last season and averaged 127.5 yards a game against them at 5.5 per carry.

The Steelers defense should be a lot better this year but so should our line, which not only helps with run blocking but also pass blocking, which makes Mixon's life a lot easier because defenses won't be able to load the box.

Will Mixon go off against the Steelers in the opening week?

It's supposed to rain in the afternoon and possibly storm, so do we run the ball more?

What kind of stats do you think Mixon puts up this week?

Mixon would be tough for me to gamble on in the 1st just because older RB's with a ton of carries scare me.  However, there's a ton of old, injury prone RB's rated near the top that scare me more.

I would guess he would get you 10 points minimum vs the Steelers or 12 in a PPR league.  However, RB's like Mixon that see that much usage should just stay locked in your lineup because there's a decent chance they at least score you a goal line TD even against stout D's.
Reply/Quote
I think people have gotten so caught up in Burrows protection, they have forgotten how much it’ll benefit Mixon as well. Got with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mixon would be tough for me to gamble on in the 1st just because older RB's with a ton of carries scare me. 

Mixon just turned 26 a month ago.

And what they call "a lot of carries" now is not really that much.  10 years ago in a 16 game season 5 RBs had over 300 carries.  That is the same number as over the last 3 season combined (including a 17 game slate in '21).
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mixon would be tough for me to gamble on in the 1st just because older RB's with a ton of carries scare me.  However, there's a ton of old, injury prone RB's rated near the top that scare me more.

I would guess he would get you 10 points minimum vs the Steelers or 12 in a PPR league.  However, RB's like Mixon that see that much usage should just stay locked in your lineup because there's a decent chance they at least score you a goal line TD even against stout D's.

Mixon's only 26 and has had 178, 237, 278, 119 (only 6 games), and 293 carries, so he's not really weathered too much and is still in peak form. 

My only fear is that the friend that's picking 8th takes him, which would throw me into a funk and ruin my entire draft because I could have taken the 7 spot and likely drafted Chase, but I think Mixon's in for a big season.

I know that Chase could be the top receiver or second behind Jefferson, but I've always valued backs in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Mix will put up decent receiving yards as well as rush yards.. Always does..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I actually thought this thread was going to tell us, Mixon wasn't going to play Sunday! Lol
Reply/Quote
Always start the guys you draft in round 1 and stick with RB1 type players.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon just turned 26 a month ago.

And what they call "a lot of carries" now is not really that much.  10 years ago in a 16 game season 5 RBs had over 300 carries.  That is the same number as over the last 3 season combined (including a 17 game slate in '21).

10 years ago, RB's didn't hit the wall 6 years in like they do now.  

Joe was 3rd, 6th, and 8th in the league in carries the last three years he was healthy.  He's a very high use back, especially considering the season he just came off of where he actually had 359 carries counting the playoffs.  

However, I would still take Mixon over Kamara or McCafferty and he's close with Dalvin.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon's only 26 and has had 178, 237, 278, 119 (only 6 games), and 293 carries, so he's not really weathered too much and is still in peak form. 

My only fear is that the friend that's picking 8th takes him, which would throw me into a funk and ruin my entire draft because I could have taken the 7 spot and likely drafted Chase, but I think Mixon's in for a big season.

I know that Chase could be the top receiver or second behind Jefferson, but I've always valued backs in the first round.

Personally, Burrow will be a great value at QB.  I know ESPN had him predicted for like 50 points less than he actually scored last year and he should be even better this year with the improved OL.  Shooter obviously would be a great pickup at K.  

I wound up with Chase and Burrow in the PPR league at work, so I definitely got my Bengals fix in.  Gonna be struggling come Week 10, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon's only 26 and has had 178, 237, 278, 119 (only 6 games), and 293 carries, so he's not really weathered too much and is still in peak form. 

It's not age but carries and injuries that start slowing a back down (normally). Mixon has 1,104 carries, 1275 total touches. Normally, running backs start seeing a decline somewhere between 1200-1400 carries. I don't think Mixon is going to be any different, especially since he has had some small nagging injuries in his career. 

I don't think he is going to be bad this year, to be clear, but we are nearing the end of his time in Cincinnati. For a multitude of reasons. 
Reply/Quote
Are you asking a group of people, who dont care about your fantasy team:

About your fantasy team that has not even drafted yet?

Then asking if a specific player will perform well, prior to the game?

Also, prior to you even knowing if you have even drafted that specific player?

While also asking us to help predict the weather in 4 days?
Reply/Quote
Do you think Derrick Henry would be a better pick?!

I was watching a show on NFL Network that said he could be the best back in the league this year!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do you think Derrick Henry would be a better pick?!

I was watching a show on NFL Network that said he could be the best back in the league this year!

No... I'd rather be a year early than a year late when it comes to refusing to draft guys. Honestly I don't like any of the running backs that are going in the first except Ekeler, Taylor, and McCaffrey (even sorta scared of him).

I drafted 5th, and took Chase... The dumbest pick in fantasy football history was taken at first overall... Anyway... I too Swift in the second, and I like him better than any of those 1st round RBs like Harris, Henry, and Mixon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote