Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon On ESPN List Of Rookies Ready To Break Out In Year 2!
(04-03-2018, 07:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Imagine Mixon with a good OL?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Or a good offensive OC, with an entire season to install HIS offense?  I have said it many times, it seems like all of our hopes for 2018 are pinned on Lazur getting the offense on track.  Now watch us have a top 5 offense and not be able to stop anyone.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 02:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Right here, and I didn’t want another character concern on a team that has trouble keeping players out of trouble. That said, he hasn’t been an issue so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

That's me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:16 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: This is why Im hoping we take Daniels at center with our first pick and Orlando Brown for RT with our 2nd and then let there be a fierce competition for who gets the RG position. Daniels looks to be an elite center when watching his film. I know Brown had his comedy show at the combine but did improve at his pro day BUT idc about numbers. Go look at his film. He is taylor made for RT in the NFL. When he gets his mitts on you it is absolutely game over. Just go watch his film. Him having a terrible combine could be a blessing for us if we get him in the 2nd. This line could finally get movement and if that happens watch out for Joe Mixon. If our line is able to improve alot we will be back in the playoffs no question and i think thats why we will use our first 2 picks on OL again.

In my opinion, if improving the run game is the primary objective, go after Ragnow/Price in Rd 1 and Tyrell Crosby in Rd 2. But Daniels and Brown would also be acceptable. Regardless, good idea.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It lists 10 rookies ready to break out in year two, but Mixon is one of five players that could make SIGNIFICANT jumps:

I love that he thought that he was the rookie with the most potential and then that Mixon followed it up in his performance, which we all saw.  Hill being gone is HUGE, in my crippled opinion, because Marvin would continue to give Hill some carries, even if just short-yardage and goal line, and it wouldn't allow Mixon to get into a full groove.  

Mixon was performing decently behind a shitty offensive line, so improving there will improve his game by a lot, and that will, in turn, improve the passing game because teams have to respect the run and load the box, which will make Mixon even better.

It goes on:

I like that because he started hitting the holes harder and running more downhill, and ripping off chunks of yards is something that we haven't seen in Cincinnati in a while, but it has me excited, and being able to be a receiving threat makes him the complete back.

I'm LOVING this kid and can't wait to see him in season.  It makes improving the line in the draft (and maybe even more in FA) that much more exciting for me!

A back like Mixon with a receiver like AJ?!  HIGHLIGHT REEL!

He should be on that list. Mixon behind a decent O-line could be incredible. We add a top tier Center and a good run blocking
RT in the Draft and look out. Mixon has rare size, burst, hands, vision and speed. Could be the next great RB. There were lots
of good ones in the Draft last year but he is just as good as any of them talent wise and that is saying something.

We get Frank Ragnow and Tyrell Crosby and i will be extremely happy. Mixon behind a line of...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Frank Ragnow - Christian Westerman/Redmond - Tyrell Crosby/Fisher

Should be great. Cool

Gio too of course but i think Mixon will be the main bellcow RB this year. This is what the coaches are saying anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He should be on that list. Mixon behind a decent O-line could be incredible. We add a top tier Center and a good run blocking
RT in the Draft and look out. Mixon has rare size, burst, hands, vision and speed. Could be the next great RB. There were lots
of good ones in the Draft last year but he is just as good as any of them talent wise and that is saying something.

We get Frank Ragnow and Tyrell Crosby and i will be extremely happy. Mixon behind a line of...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Frank Ragnow - Christian Westerman/Redmond - Tyrell Crosby/Fisher

Should be great. Cool

Gio too of course but i think Mixon will be the main bellcow RB this year. This is what the coaches are saying anyways.

In terms of raw power, I think Crosby is one of the most powerful run blocking tackles in the class (if not the most powerful), but his pass blocking needs work.  I have faith that Pollack can coach him up, but he still scares me just because we've drafted so many guys that we've said things like that about and they just end up being busts.  Granted that we've never had the coaches like Pollack to polish him, but I've been Bengalized.  The competition with him and Fisher could also bring about some better play from both raising their games.

Gio's just the change of pace that we need, even though Mixon can catch out of the backfield and do a lot of different things.  Gio just adds a new wrinkle that defenses have to adjust to and account for in a different way, which is good considering that he can be called into a game on any play and the defense would have to adapt in the blink of an eye.

Ragnow might be solid, but that high ankle sprain scares me.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 11:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's me.

Me too.  When the Pats (cleverly) went public with the "he's no longer on our board", I just knew he was going to be a Bengal.  It is like they want to have the piss-poor, albeit incorrect, impression of being a team of thugs around the league.

We all know that it isn't true but every talking head loves throwing it out there at every opportunity and the fan base just eats it up.  I was in San Diego for a meeting this past January, and I was working out in the Hotel gym in Bengal gear (of course) and some pinhead came up to me and said "Bengals?  Did they have anyone get arrested this morning?"  I simply referred him to the (former) profootballtalk.com "turd list" and advised he check up on facts, if those kind of things interest him.

The returning of Adam Jones after the police video was released is the one thing I couldn't get over.  He has done more than any Bengal since Odell to make sure the Bengal's reputation stays in the garbage.  And he kept being brought back.  Now that he has been identified (a whole year later) as overpriced garbage (to use some of his parlance...Pryor?) he is not returning (as of yet). 
Reply/Quote
Hate to be a broken record, but all Mixon did was average 5.1 YPC in 6 games after the blocking scheme was switched up.

Better blocking scheme + improved o-line talent = plenty will be eating crow this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In terms of raw power, I think Crosby is one of the most powerful run blocking tackles in the class (if not the most powerful), but his pass blocking needs work.  I have faith that Pollack can coach him up, but he still scares me just because we've drafted so many guys that we've said things like that about and they just end up being busts.  Granted that we've never had the coaches like Pollack to polish him, but I've been Bengalized.  The competition with him and Fisher could also bring about some better play from both raising their games.

Gio's just the change of pace that we need, even though Mixon can catch out of the backfield and do a lot of different things.  Gio just adds a new wrinkle that defenses have to adjust to and account for in a different way, which is good considering that he can be called into a game on any play and the defense would have to adapt in the blink of an eye.

Ragnow might be solid, but that high ankle sprain scares me.

The thing with Crosby is he is kind of the opposite of Orlando Brown. Brown is a good pass blocker all be it he didn't need
to pass block as much as most OT's, but Brown is not the best run blocker. I think Crosby has that physicalness and nasty
approach to his game that matches more of what Pollack has been talking about. I think he can coach up Crosby in pass
blocking no problem, but you just cannot coach smart and nasty and that is Crosby.

Ragnow just had a very good Pro Day on that ankle, he is ready to go now, way more so than Price. Ragnow would be
completely ready to go for our OTA's. Price won't be ready to go till Training Camp and Ragnow has much longer arms
and played in the SEC. Ragnow is my favorite Center in this class for sure now.

(04-05-2018, 01:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to be a broken record, but all Mixon did was average 5.1 YPC in 6 games after the blocking scheme was switched up.

Better blocking scheme + improved o-line talent = plenty will be eating crow this year.

That is the thing, that was even with Og and Bodine on the line. How much better will we be this year with Glenn, a new
Center, Pollack coaching up the O-line and Lazor having an entire Offseason to implement his scheme and playbook?

Sure gives me optimism in spades.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the thing, that was even with Og and Bodine on the line. How much better will we be this year with Glenn, a new
Center, Pollack coaching up the O-line and Lazor having an entire Offseason to implement his scheme and playbook?

Sure gives me optimism in spades.

Agreed. I'm cautiously optimistic about the run game this year for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote