Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Quote: He's Feeling Confident!
Joe Mixon is feeling VERY CONFIDENT about our offense's firepower and he KNOWS that this offense can do big things!

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon is feeling awfully confident heading into the 2022 season.

During an interview with Charlie Walter of KPIX, Mixon referred to the Bengals as the "hottest thing smoking" in the league.

It's hard to disagree with him because who has a more explosive offense?

The Bills?

Josh Allen is good and Cook should bring some explosive plays, but I think Burrow will be better with an offensive line and Mixon is a proven back and should have a big year with the improved line and teams having to respect Burrow having more time to throw.

They have Digs, Davis, Crowder, and Shakir at receiver, but I'll take Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and anyone else over their receiving core.

They MIGHT have the edge at tight end with Knox.

I think we're better than they are.

Quote:"We was obviously there,” Mixon said when discussing the team's ability to make it back to the Super Bowl. “We went there. We actually put on a hell of a showing. To be honest, I feel like we might be the hottest thing smoking in the NFL on Sundays. With the talent we got and who we added onto this year, I feel like we’re bound to have a hell of a season. The best thing about it is we’ve been there before and we know how to get there. We just gotta stick to the basics, one week at a time and that’s what’s gonna happen."

I love the new confidence and it seems like he knows they just need to work hard and play the game with intensity!

All the talent has to create competition to get playing time, which makes everyone better!

I hope everyone else on the team has this confidence and just comes out and gets it done!

This article gave me even more confidence than I already had!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
I am usually the guy who argues with all the extremists. I usually disagreed with fans who claimed we were the worst in the league at somthing, but I also urged restraint with fans who claimed we would be the best in the league at something. But this year I can't really argue with anyone who says we will have the #1 offense in the league. Even if we have a problem at LG our o-line will be MUCH better than it was last year. And our talent at the skill positions is elite.
Reply/Quote
Nice. I figured Mixon would be feeling great about all the moves we made, namely the OL as the guys we brought in
should specifically help him the most. What Ted, Alex and La'el do the best is run block. This is their strength. My big
prediction this year is we have the #1 running game in the NFL cause it will work with these guys.

No need to throw too much if the running game is always working.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am usually the guy who argues with all the extremists. I usually disagreed with fans who claimed we were the worst in the league at somthing, but I also urged restraint with fans who claimed we would be the best in the league at something. But this year I can't really argue with anyone who says we will have the #1 offense in the league. Even if we have a problem at LG our o-line will be MUCH better than it was last year. And our talent at the skill positions is elite.

It was pretty crazy that Mixon was a top 5 RB last season with THAT Offensive Line, just crazy.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. I figured Mixon would be feeling great about all the moves we made, namely the OL as the guys we brought in
should specifically help him the most. What Ted, Alex and La'el do the best is run block. This is their strength. My big
prediction this year is we have the #1 running game in the NFL cause it will work with these guys.

No need to throw too much if the running game is always working.

Hell of a post.

It's unreal that he had was a top five RB with that line, especially because it's not like they were good at pass blocking either, which means teams could load the box.

I might add a bet with him finishing as the top rusher (or top 3) because I think he gets that easily.

Teams having to respect the o-line giving Burrow time to let Chase, Higgins, and Boyd get into their routes means that the defense can't load the box or they just give Mixon 5 to 7 yards a pop.

He'll also get a lot of yards when we're up by 3 TDs and just running the ball to kill the clock. I realize that we won't be like Runkowski in '09 where he'd go dive, off-tackle, pass, punt, but we'll be able to run the ball more, especially with the defense tired out from us running up and down the field on them.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell of a post.

It's unreal that he had was a top five RB with that line, especially because it's not like they were good at pass blocking either, which means teams could load the box.

I might add a bet with him finishing as the top rusher (or top 3) because I think he gets that easily.

Teams having to respect the o-line giving Burrow time to let Chase, Higgins, and Boyd get into their routes means that the defense can't load the box or they just give Mixon 5 to 7 yards a pop.

He'll also get a lot of yards when we're up by 3 TDs and just running the ball to kill the clock. I realize that we won't be like Runkowski in '09 where he'd go dive, off-tackle, pass, punt, but we'll be able to run the ball more, especially with the defense tired out from us running up and down the field on them.

Thanks Brad, nice post yourself and this is a nice thread for specifically Mixon who should have his best season this year no
question about it with the additions. Zac and company went and got the exact type of players this team needed to get back 
to the big show. We are going to be a physical downhill running Offense that goes Play Action from the moves they made.

Funny bringing up Brat too, almost forgot about that guy. Run, run, pass, punt lol

Want to forget about those days. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was pretty crazy that Mixon was a top 5 RB last season with THAT Offensive Line, just crazy.

Yep

I'm hoping they sort of take it easy on Joe early in the season, somewhat limit his touches. Let Perine and Evans carry the rock a good bit and save Joe for the last part of the season and beyondJoe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I'm hoping they sort of take it easy on Joe early in the season, somewhat limit his touches. Let Perine and Evans carry the rock a good bit and save Joe for the last part of the season and beyondJoe

Hoping the same, we keep using him like last year and he won't last. Need to spread the touches around more with all the Backs.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Brad, nice post yourself and this is a nice thread for specifically Mixon who should have his best season this year no
question about it with the additions. Zac and company went and got the exact type of players this team needed to get back 
to the big show. We are going to be a physical downhill running Offense that goes Play Action from the moves they made.

Funny bringing up Brat too, almost forgot about that guy. Run, run, pass, punt lol

Want to forget about those days. Mellow

Hot take - the talent level on offense this year will be so good that they would be a top 5 offense even if Brat was brought back as O coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 07:59 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hot take - the talent level on offense this year will be so good that they would be a top 5 offense even if Brat was brought back as O coordinator.

Pump the breaks a bit.

The only way that'd work is if Burrow just hi-jacked the offense every game and broke his ear piece.
Reply/Quote

I think we will have to force Fredtoast to find some other minor insignificant stat to criticize Taylor for because they are going to have more convincing wins allowing Joe a break
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Good point. Save Mixon for the end of the year when it gets cold and teams are battling injuries and have to try and bring down a healthy Mixon.

(06-29-2022, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hoping the same, we keep using him like last year and he won't last. Need to spread the touches around more with all the Backs.
Keep them off-balance with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, Perine, and Evans, and then give Mixon 15 to 20 carries a game and hope that fresh Mixon at the end of games just destroys them.

But you also need to think that Mixon won't take quite the beating he did last season because of better blocking and defenses having to respect that Joe will have time to drop back and throw, meaning that they can't load the box.
(06-29-2022, 07:59 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Hot take - the talent level on offense this year will be so good that they would be a top 5 offense even if Brat was brought back as O coordinator.
Woe woe woe............. don't even joke about that!
(06-29-2022, 08:19 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pump the breaks a bit.

The only way that'd work is if Burrow just hi-jacked the offense every game and broke his ear piece.
Same thing I was thinking...........

Hilarious
(06-29-2022, 09:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think we will have to force Fredtoast to find some other minor insignificant stat to criticize Taylor fir because they are going to have more convincing wins allowing Joe a break

You know he won't have a problem finding something to criticize!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

That scared me, but could be true. Great blocking can make even the worst OC look good.

(06-29-2022, 08:19 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pump the breaks a bit.

Damn rights, ignore those calls from the sideline Joe!
Reply/Quote