Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Ranked #6 By NFL Execs, Coaches, & Players
ESPN surveyed more than 50 league executives, coaches, scouts and players about the top ten running backs for 2022, and Mixon came in at #6!

Quote:Mixon had a banner fifth NFL season, setting career highs in just about every category while anchoring the running game for the AFC champion Bengals. He was trusted with more volume (292 carries) and produced with 1,205 yards and 13 touchdowns, up five from his career high of eight. He also finished with his first 300-yard receiving season despite Cincinnati's crowded playmaking group.

What separates Mixon is his all-around game.

"He improved a lot as far as pass protection, his detail in his work," an AFC coordinator said. "He's definitely a complete back. He always had the explosive component. The Bengals are better, so he's no longer an underrated player."

Mixon has three years left on a four-year, $48 million extension, which looks like good value now, even for a running back.

"[Mixon] produces regardless of O-line play. He will be key for them this year because they can't let Burrow get hit as much," an NFC offensive coach said.

It's amazing to think that he had that kind of season behind our horrible offensive line and I love that he has worked on the details of his game!

It's unreal to think what kind of season he can have behind a good offensive line, which Burrow having more time to throw will also help his game A LOT, and I think he could make a run for the rushing title and be a great value pick for fantasy football and for bets for the rushing title.

I can't wait to see Mixon EXPLODE this year!
Reply/Quote
Mixon is a good back. I hope he improves upon his runs of 40+ yards. I think the one thing his game lacks is the explosive/homerun type of plays.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He is solid and I’m a fan; but the constant tripping over his own feet needs to get fixed too. Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Mixon is a good back. I hope he improves upon his runs of 40+ yards. I think the one thing his game lacks is the explosive/homerun type of plays.

Mixon is pretty good at breaking long plays.  He has missed 12 games over the last 4 years but only 6 RBs have more plays of 40+ yards than Mixon's seven.

Saquan Barkley....16
Nick Chubb..........14
Derrick Henry.......13
Aaron Jones.........10
Jonathan Taylor......9
Alvin Kamara.........8
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Mixon is a good back. I hope he improves upon his runs of 40+ yards. I think the one thing his game lacks is the explosive/homerun type of plays.

Mixon is an explosive runner and it's a very underrated part of his game, IMCO.

Better blocking will open up more holes and let him make big plays, but he actually might not have that many more long runs like that because the defense having to respect the pass means that there will be more defenders on the second level.

Then again, he could have more because he'll be able to get to the second level and then he'll be able to break tackles from smaller DBs and make defenders miss in the open field.

I can't wait!

He'll be a hell of a steal in fantasy in our ten-team league if he lasts to the tenth pick, but the only problem is that, here in Greater Cincinnati, I doubt he lasts that long.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon is pretty good at breaking long plays.  He has missed 12 games over the last 4 years but only 6 RBs have more plays of 40+ yards than Mixon's seven.

Saquan Barkley....16
Nick Chubb..........14
Derrick Henry.......13
Aaron Jones.........10
Jonathan Taylor......9
Alvin Kamara.........8

I think we've talked about this before, but I think number 40 yard runs per amount of carries (%) would be a better metric for this. He's had a ton of more carries than a guy like Saquan. 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon is an explosive runner and it's a very underrated part of his game, IMCO.

Better blocking will open up more holes and let him make big plays, but he actually might not have that many more long runs like that because the defense having to respect the pass means that there will be more defenders on the second level.

Then again, he could have more because he'll be able to get to the second level and then he'll be able to break tackles from smaller DBs and make defenders miss in the open field.

I can't wait!

He'll be a hell of a steal in fantasy in our ten-team league if he lasts to the tenth pick, but the only problem is that, here in Greater Cincinnati, I doubt he lasts that long.

I would just like him finish more runs in the end zone, that's all. I feel like time after time he breaks a large run and is either chased down or he loses the angel on the last defender and they end up tackling him. 

Again, not much to complain about when it comes to Mixon, but this is really it. 
Reply/Quote
He's going into his 6th year. That's a lot of wear for a RB. He's signed through 2024. Hopefully with a seemingly upgraded O-line he has two seasons where he can prosper. By 2024 it will probably be time to look for a replacement but probably best to start looking next year. So time to get all they can out of him and I hope he is a top 5 RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 05:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He's going into his 6th year. That's a lot of wear for a RB.  He's signed through 2024.  Hopefully with a seemingly upgraded O-line he has two seasons where he can prosper.     By 2024 it will probably be time to look for a replacement but probably best to start looking next year.  So time to get all they can out of him and I hope he is a top 5 RB.

I was thinking about that as well. 

I think we will keep Mixon for 2 more years of his remaining 3 year deal. 

Age 26 (Current season)
and age 27 (2023) Seasons

He turns 26 in 10 days, so It's wild he is still only 25. 

Todd Gurley is 27 and hasn't played in over a year - crazy 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 05:30 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I was thinking about that as well. 

I think we will keep Mixon for 2 more years of his remaining 3 year deal. 

Age 26 (Current season)
and age 27 (2023) Seasons

He turns 26 in 10 days, so It's wild he is still only 25. 

Todd Gurley is 27 and hasn't played in over a year - crazy 

Gurley's body failed him. His knees were completely shot. Not saying that can't happen to Mixon but he's been relatively healthy his career with no major injuries.
Reply/Quote
How can you be the #6 RB in the NFL if your no-name backup is kicking you off the field for the most critical plays of the Super Bowl? Both early in the game and late.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 12:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How can you be the #6 RB in the NFL if your no-name backup is kicking you off the field for the most critical plays of the Super Bowl? Both early in the game and late.

pass protection issues
Reply/Quote
I've said it before and here it comes again. I'm very anxious to see what Mixon does behind this new and improved Oline. I'll have an opinion then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 12:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've said it before and here it comes again. I'm very anxious to see what Mixon does behind this new and improved Oline. I'll have an opinion then.

I'm pretty sure that he'll kill it with defenses not being able to load the box because they'll have to respect Burrow getting time to throw and the line being able to open up holes!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 05:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would just like him finish more runs in the end zone, that's all. I feel like time after time he breaks a large run and is either chased down or he loses the angel on the last defender and they end up tackling him. 

Again, not much to complain about when it comes to Mixon, but this is really it. 

Spot on, Mixon just needs to finish. It isn't that he isn't explosive, he is that. Top end speed is his problem.

He can do everything else and yes he needs to stop tripping over his own feet. He can improve big time and I think he does 
and has his best season running behind the revamped OL who are all fantastic run blockers. Both Burrow and Mixon could 
have a record breaking season behind this OL. Amazing they did what they did with that OL last season.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on, Mixon just needs to finish. It isn't that he isn't explosive, he is that. Top end speed is his problem.

He can do everything else and yes he needs to stop tripping over his own feet. He can improve big time and I think he does 
and has his best season running behind the revamped OL who are all fantastic run blockers. Both Burrow and Mixon could 
have a record breaking season behind this OL. Amazing they did what they did with that OL last season.

[Image: chills-literally-chills.gif]

I love that we have reasons to be this pumped up about the year!
Reply/Quote

He's got more long gainers than what you/me would have expected after looking it up. I'd really like him to work on his balance/elusiveness and miss that first tackle more coming out of the flat on pass plays. I've seen plenty of times there are so many open yards ahead of him only to get tripped up by the first guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 04:28 PM)Whacked Wrote: He is solid and I’m a fan; but the constant tripping over his own feet needs to get fixed too. Lol
The same thing I always say, it seem like he has a run of twenty something yards but if he didn’t just barely get tripped up he could go for sixty plus at least once a game
Lol
Reply/Quote