Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Signs Three Years For 25m With Houston
What the hell are the Texans thinking signing Mixon for 25.5 million, which is the seventh highest in the league.

Quote:The contract extension will keep Mixon in Houston through his age-30 season, and he will become a free agent in 2027. The deal’s base salary is $25.5 million, the seventh highest in the league, according to Spotrac.

Mixon’s contract extension guarantees $13 million and has a $6 million signing bonus. His first two years are fully guaranteed. He’ll cost $3 million in 2024 and $7 million in 2025. The deal includes $500k max per game active bonuses and an annual $500k rushing yards incentive.

Is this as stupid as it sounds to me?!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What the hell are the Texans thinking signing Mixon for 25.5 million, which is the seventh highest in the league.

Uh yeah, they way overpaid for Mixon's services especially with his off field problems. But good for Joe lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Uh yeah, they way overpaid for Mixon's services especially with his off field problems. But good for Joe lol  Hilarious

Yeah, if you can find someone stupid enough to pay you, why not!

Hilarious

The only bright spot is that the Texans run from the shotgun the league lowest (I think), which Mixon struggled from, so maybe they think he'll do better with the QB under center, but the 7th highest paid back in the league is still absolutely stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What the hell are the Texans thinking signing Mixon for 25.5 million, which is the seventh highest in the league.

Seems like a significant portion of his deal is tied to performance bonuses. The $13M in guarantees is likely as good as he would have gotten on the open market, however my guy tells me that he likely won't see that 3rd year of the deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, if you can find someone stupid enough to pay you, why not!

Hilarious

The only bright spot is that the Texans run from the shotgun the league lowest (I think), which Mixon struggled from, so maybe they think he'll do better with the QB under center, but the 7th highest paid back in the league is still absolutely stupid.

Good point on the Texans running the ball out of the Shotgun very little. I do think Mixon is a good fit for them just like Zack Moss is a
great fit for us as Moss ran the best out of the Shotgun last year and is a very good pass protector.

(03-20-2024, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like a significant portion of his deal is tied to performance bonuses. The $13M in guarantees is likely as good as he would have gotten on the open market, however my guy tells me that he likely won't see that 3rd year of the deal.

That makes sense.
Reply/Quote