Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
Your first round pick is the "face" of your draft class. They probably wouldn't want that to be Mixon.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Your first round pick is the "face" of your draft class.  They probably wouldn't want that to be Mixon.

Just look what he did to her face. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Your first round pick is the "face" of your draft class.  They probably wouldn't want that to be Mixon.

They could likely Trade Down to say the mid 1st round and make Mixon the first pick "Face" of their Draft.
You are right that they probably would not want that "face" to be Joe Mixon.
The irony is that the Bengals are willing to take Public Relations hits for Pac Man wanting Policeman to die, verbal & spitting assaults etc but then stake out the High Road on Mixon but only the round 1 "face of the Draft" High Road.
Low road is OK for them in round 2 probably for Mixon.
They might as well just COMMIT to the Low Road and Trade Down for picks and Mixon.
Double Down on it rather than "playing the fence" on it.
Not saying that I would do it but they might as well.
Get more respect by Picking a side of the fence rather than pretending they care about the bad Public Relations picking Mixon would create while using the Pac Man's daughter card to try to help with Public Relations related to Pac Man.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: They could likely Trade Down to say the mid 1st round and make Mixon the first pick "Face" of their Draft.
You are right that they probably would not want that "face" to be Joe Mixon.
The irony is that the Bengals are willing to take Public Relations hits for Pac Man wanting Policeman to die, verbal & spitting assaults etc but then stake out the High Road on Mixon but only the round 1 "face of the Draft" High Road.
Low road is OK for them in round 2 probably for Mixon.
They might as well just COMMIT to the Low Road and Trade Down for picks and Mixon.
Double Down on it rather than "playing the fence" on it.
Not saying that I would do it but they might as well.
Get more respect by Picking a side of the fence rather than pretending they care about the bad Public Relations picking Mixon would create while using the Pac Man's daughter card to try to help with Public Relations related to Pac Man.

I actually hope they trade down because I don't see much difference between #9 and #17.  The problem is if we move down we will get 2-3 more picks and we just don't have the roster space.  Which is why they need to do whatever they can to trade up in this draft and package some of these picks to get 2nd-3rd rounders this year.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: I actually hope they trade down because I don't see much difference between #9 and #17.  The problem is if we move down we will get 2-3 more picks and we just don't have the roster space.  Which is why they need to do whatever they can to trade up in this draft and package some of these picks to get 2nd-3rd rounders this year.  

Hey, we could be the blind squirrel that finds the nut that way.

More chances equals better chances. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've heard very different details about the incident.  I guess it's all in who you believe.

Well his publicist and handlers are focusing more on what is actually seen in the video.  Which does show her hitting him.

Their claims is that she threw racial slurs toward him and made him uncomfortable is why people are giving the kid the benefit of doubt.

That being said.  I don't care what word she used or what "threat" he felt from her.  All he had to do is walk away.

Even if she said, sorry I don't date black men or even used a slur, that doesn't make it OK for him to follow her and her friends from one place to the next and then intrude at their table. 

Even after he did all of this.  You telling me a RB can't out run a normal girl?   So when she did attack him.  He had plenty of ways to get away from her and leave.  He was blocking her escape, she wasn't blocking his.

No.  Instead he made "one" mistake and hit her.

He didn't make one mistake, but multiple in the course that lead up to the event.  His refusal and his handler's refusal to acknowledge these other events is why I don't trust their details.
Reply/Quote

Remember all the teams who passed on Warren Sapp and Randy Moss in the first round because they did not want them to be the "face" of the team.  Remember how happy thiose teams were?

No.  Neither do I.

Remember when Frostee Rucker was supposed to be a sexual preditor that not other team would have drafted?  Remember all the problems he caused while he was a bengal?

No.  Neither do I.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:57 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Well his publicist and handlers are focusing more on what is actually seen in the video.  Which does show her hitting him.

Their claims is that she threw racial slurs toward him and made him uncomfortable is why people are giving the kid the benefit of doubt.

That being said.  I don't care what word she used or what "threat" he felt from her.  All he had to do is walk away.

Even if she said, sorry I don't date black men or even used a slur, that doesn't make it OK for him to follow her and her friends from one place to the next and then intrude at their table. 

Even after he did all of this.  You telling me a RB can't out run a normal girl?   So when she did attack him.  He had plenty of ways to get away from her and leave.  He was blocking her escape, she wasn't blocking his.

No.  Instead he made "one" mistake and hit her.

He didn't make one mistake, but multiple in the course that lead up to the event.  His refusal and his handler's refusal to acknowledge these other events is why I don't trust their details.

Has the girl ever apologized?

Or do you think she did nothing wrong?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Has the girl ever apologized?

Or do you think she did nothing wrong?

What should she apologize for?  Turning him down?  Weak sauce.

Let's see.

Mixon sees Molitor.  Thinks... Dat gurl, fine. 

Approaches her and let's her know he is interested.

Her response could range from:

No, I appreciate your interest, but I am not.

to.

I don't date f-king N****.

Neither response from her warrants him following her and her friends after that.  Sure the 2nd one is boorish and shows a lack of character, but doesn't give him a special protection to harass her.

They don't excuse him going into the cafe that she was in and then going to her table and blocking her only avenue of escape. 

For a guy that felt threatened and uncomfortable, he sure seemed pretty calm when he punched her and walked out as if his actions were perfectly normal.

His initial approach is fine... You see a girl you find attractive, approach her.  If she shoots you down you leave it at that.  Sure you can be persistent, but be careful not to cross that line into harassment.  He crossed the line.  He actually hurdled that line and jumped into another country.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 12:14 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: What should she apologize for?  Turning him down?  Weak sauce.

Let's see.

Mixon sees Molitor.  Thinks... Dat gurl, fine. 

Approaches her and let's her know he is interested.

Her response could range from:

No, I appreciate your interest, but I am not.

to.

I don't date f-king N****.

Neither response from her warrants him following her and her friends after that.  Sure the 2nd one is boorish and shows a lack of character, but doesn't give him a special protection to harass her.

They don't excuse him going into the cafe that she was in and then going to her table and blocking her only avenue of escape. 

For a guy that felt threatened and uncomfortable, he sure seemed pretty calm when he punched her and walked out as if his actions were perfectly normal.

His initial approach is fine... You see a girl you find attractive, approach her.  If she shoots you down you leave it at that.  Sure you can be persistent, but be careful not to cross that line into harassment.  He crossed the line.  He actually hurdled that line and jumped into another country.

You do realize that he wasn't talking to her before this happened right ?  He was talking to her homosexual friend and she got mad.  The moment she lunged at him she was the aggressor.  Talking shit isn't illegal regardless of what he said to the guy.  I can't believe people are still talking about this. 

The fact you think he was trying to pick this chick up just goes to show that you are totally ignorant about the subject.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 01:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: You do realize that he wasn't talking to her before this happened right ?  He was talking to her homosexual friend and she got mad.  The moment she lunged at him she was the aggressor.  Talking shit isn't illegal regardless of what he said to the guy.  I can't believe people are still talking about this. 

The fact you think he was trying to pick this chick up just goes to show that you are totally ignorant about the subject.

Imagine if people were actually able to get into legal trouble for offensive and mean things they said. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to say things like that if they had to worry about repercussions and less incidents like this would happen.

I'm not saying I condone Mixon's actions, but I hate the fact people think can get away with saying absolutely any putrid thing because they know that they can't get in trouble for it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if people were actually able to get into legal trouble for offensive and mean things they said. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to say things like that if they had to worry about repercussions and less incidents like this would happen.

I'm not saying I condone Mixon's actions, but I hate the fact people think can get away with saying absolutely any putrid thing because they know that they can't get in trouble for it.

I 100% agree and its a major problem we have in society is that people feel emboldened to talk shit because the majority of people won't hold them accountable.  125 years ago people could be shot over simple slights and how many duels in american history happened over people talking out of turn ?

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 02:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: I 100% agree and its a major problem we have in society is that people feel emboldened to talk shit because the majority of people won't hold them accountable.  125 years ago people could be shot over simple slights and how many duels in american history happened over people talking out of turn ?

It has come to the point where people bait people all the time no question.

Everything is illegal but talking shit.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 01:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: You do realize that he wasn't talking to her before this happened right ?  He was talking to her homosexual friend and she got mad.  The moment she lunged at him she was the aggressor.  Talking shit isn't illegal regardless of what he said to the guy.  I can't believe people are still talking about this. 

You do realize that he was talking to her outside of the cafe and followed her group from multiple locations, right?  She didn't just get mad and start hitting him.... he was stalking her and her friends.

You must think it is OK to harass a woman as long as the person is a RB and has talent.

Look at the video... where was she when she became aggressive?  That's right, in a booth.... where was he?  At the exit of said booth.

That fact that you are willing to ignore that he was invading her space speaks volumes.

He didn't just talk shit to her homosexual friend, he was also saying threatening shit to her as well. 

Please by all means though. Continue to show how low of a character you are and keep defending and supporting him.  Anything to win, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if people were actually able to get into legal trouble for offensive and mean things they said. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to say things like that if they had to worry about repercussions and less incidents like this would happen.

You mean like.... "F*** you white b*** and you little Fa^^^^ friend here?"

You know, what Mixon was probably saying when Molitor got "aggressive"?

So he can say whatever he wants, no matter how putrid and even get away with assaulting a girl, just because he claims he was threatened and uncomfortable when she finally struck him?

Again, he got his feelings hurt when she turned him down and he decided to escalate things.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 02:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: I 100% agree and its a major problem we have in society is that people feel emboldened to talk shit because the majority of people won't hold them accountable.  125 years ago people could be shot over simple slights and how many duels in american history happened over people talking out of turn ?

A guy like Mixon would also be killed for his actions (though I am sure you think he would be killed just because he is black, but you would be wrong).
Reply/Quote
Back on football....the Packers are now bringing Mixon in for a visit...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:07 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: You mean like.... "F*** you white b*** and you little Fa^^^^ friend here?"

You know, what Mixon was probably saying when Molitor got "aggressive"?

So he can say whatever he wants, no matter how putrid and even get away with assaulting a girl, just because he claims he was threatened and uncomfortable when she finally struck him?

Again, he got his feelings hurt when she turned him down and he decided to escalate things.  

You ruined any credibility by saying "probably". That means you don't know what was said. You are assuming what was said, which you have no proof of.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 08:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You ruined any credibility by saying "probably". That means you don't know what was said. You are assuming what was said, which you have no proof of.

You lose all credibility if you refuse to acknowledge that Mixon wasn't apart of Molitor's group and had been following them for several stops that they had made in other establishments.

You lose all credibility when you refuse to acknowledge that Mixon was intruding on her evening. 

Tell me why Mixon went into the cafe and went to her table?  He wasn't invited or called over.  He forced himself unto their group and outing. 

Know one knows if Molitor called Mixon any racial names either.  They have no proof and are just assuming.  Yet that "evidence" is easily accepted as to it's "plausibility".

For all we know, Molitor told Mixon "No, I am not interested" and could have asked him nicely to "Please, leave me alone." several times throughout the evening.

Yet, many like you think that it is OK for Mixon to hit Molitor if she called him a racial slur. 

Then you further excuse his hit by claiming that "She hit first!"

All while failing to acknowledge that he was being threatening, and not just in the cafe either. 

The video does show her hit first.  However it also shows her in a cafe booth that only has one exit.  It shows him standing at the exit, blocking her way of escape.

She wasn't blocking his escape and he could have left at any time.  Where she only had 1 way to go.

Yet you ignore that because you are so star struck on his talent and will continue to excuse his actions and lack of any real remorse over them in the hopes that he will be the answer at RB that Hill was supposed to be.

I will say this though.  He claims that he felt threatened when she punched him and felt like he was being hit by a man, which is either he isn't telling the truth or isn't as tough as a RB needs to be.  I mean if Molitor scares him, then heaven forbid Luke Kuechly.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 10:46 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: You lose all credibility if you refuse to acknowledge that Mixon wasn't apart of Molitor's group and had been following them for several stops that they had made in other establishments.

You lose all credibility when you refuse to acknowledge that Mixon was intruding on her evening. 

Tell me why Mixon went into the cafe and went to her table?  He wasn't invited or called over.  He forced himself unto their group and outing. 

Know one knows if Molitor called Mixon any racial names either.  They have no proof and are just assuming.  Yet that "evidence" is easily accepted as to it's "plausibility".

For all we know, Molitor told Mixon "No, I am not interested" and could have asked him nicely to "Please, leave me alone." several times throughout the evening.

Yet, many like you think that it is OK for Mixon to hit Molitor if she called him a racial slur. 

Then you further excuse his hit by claiming that "She hit first!"

All while failing to acknowledge that he was being threatening, and not just in the cafe either. 

The video does show her hit first.  However it also shows her in a cafe booth that only has one exit.  It shows him standing at the exit, blocking her way of escape.

She wasn't blocking his escape and he could have left at any time.  Where she only had 1 way to go.

Yet you ignore that because you are so star struck on his talent and will continue to excuse his actions and lack of any real remorse over them in the hopes that he will be the answer at RB that Hill was supposed to be.

I will say this though.  He claims that he felt threatened when she punched him and felt like he was being hit by a man, which is either he isn't telling the truth or isn't as tough as a RB needs to be.  I mean if Molitor scares him, then heaven forbid Luke Kuechly.

Why do you think I am ignoring this incident? Why do you assume I'm "so star struck" on his talent? Why do you think I excuse his actions? I have not stated any of that.

In fact, I don't ignore the incident, I am not star struck to the point I'm willing to sacrifice character for talent, and I don't excuse his actions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote