Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon and Bengals Defense May Be On The Rise
Looking at some Fantasy League changes and I won't mention players on other teams that I'm trying to grab, but Bengals suddenly have players I'm going after. In one league I was looking at the free agent RB's and somebody had dropped Mixon there for the taking. I looked and Mixon now has rushing and receiving yards and the new OC is going to him more. I claimed him and hopefully I get him. I also have watched my Patriots defense flounder on 3 of my teams, and the defense rated to have a great week 4 is The Bengals. I have claims in for Bengals D on all 3 teams, my 4th team has Broncos. The NFL experts seem to have Mixon and Bengals D on the rise. Certainly if Mixon busts out huge, that will help our offense. He is showing he can run and catch which is now the thing for an NFL RB to do, such as Thompson for Washington. Unless a free agent is on pace for 1,000 rushing yards, you look at RB's getting rushing and receiving yards and Mr. Mixon was the best on the board and I hope my waiver claim goes through. I see Bengals using him more and more.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense had a pick 6 and a bunch of sacks and play the Browns who are terrible.

As for Mixon...he gets the carries here. If you can get a back that's going to get carries...pick them up. His receiving was better than his rushing. He averaged only 3.4 ypc on rushes.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You take this as me saying he's a bad back? LOL - I posted his rushing ypc.

"As for Mixon...he gets the carries here. If you can get a back that's going to get carries...pick them up. His receiving was better than his rushing. He averaged only 3.4 ypc on rushes."

He's averaging 3.1 ypc on the year.

I got what you were saying and it was positive of Mixon.   I'm remembering a guy Bengals drafted but started slow using Carter and Bienemy and one week decided to put in some draft pick named Corey Dillon.   Tony Romo said announcing the game it's not important to get Hill and Bernard playing time. Whoever is getting the job done plays.  I noticed new OC Lazor gave them all a few carries and then went to Mixon most of the game.  Lazor is leaning to Mixon more.  It seems also if you throw him the ball, he can go all the way. He has power with a lot of quick moves after the catch.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:26 PM)kevin Wrote: I got what you were saying and it was positive of Mixon.   I'm remembering a guy Bengals drafted but started slow using Carter and Bienemy and one week decided to put in some draft pick named Corey Dillon.   Tony Romo said announcing the game it's not important to get Hill and Bernard playing time. Whoever is getting the job done plays.  I noticed new OC Lazor gave them all a few carries and then went to Mixon most of the game.  Lazor is leaning to Mixon more.  It seems also if you throw him the ball, he can go all the way. He has power with a lot of quick moves to run to daylight.

Backs that catch passes in fantasy are huge because you can shut them down in the running game and they can still get you points pass catching...especially in PPR leagues.

I did look to see if Mixon was still available in my league and he wasn't.

The Bengals Defense on the other hand...for whatever reason doesn't seem to do well in fantasy. It's kind of hard to pinpoint but they aren't one of the Top 10-15 fantasy defenses.

Now against the Browns...they should have a big day.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Backs that catch passes in fantasy are huge because you can shut them down in the running game and they can still get you points pass catching...especially in PPR leagues.

I did look to see if Mixon was still available in my league and he wasn't.

The Bengals Defense on the other hand...for whatever reason doesn't seem to do well in fantasy. It's kind of hard to pinpoint but they aren't one of the Top 10-15 fantasy defenses.

Now against the Browns...they should have a big day.

Not hard to pinpoint at all. The Bengals with a lead in the first half shut it down and go conservative in the 2nd half.

So if you're sitting on like 3 points scored against with 4 sacks in the first half... then they shut it down, go into prevent, and allow the defense to score 20-30 points, trading points for time on the clock in hopes of just clinging onto the lead by the end.

All of a sudden your first half of good points turns into an overall meh. It's the same reason why most Bengals players are shitty choices in fantasy football. Tom Brady throws for 500 yards and 5 TDs and the Pats win like 42-10.

Dalton throws for 200 yards and 3 TDs in the first half, and they shut it all down to go conservative and he finishes 260 yards, 3 TDs. Same with RBs. Hill had that monster game against the garbage Browns and he only got like 9 carries despite getting 168 yards. Another team would have given him another 16 carries or so and he'd have 300 yards.

Marvin believes in clinging onto leads conservatively and not hurting people's feelings. That leads to VERY few big days for any Bengals player or defense in fantasy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote