Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon and Hubbard promises to bring changes to losing program
(12-25-2018, 12:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's kind of tough to say really since this team has been soooo beaten up with injuries. It's possible they get back to winning ways, but I'm certainly not going to put my balls on the chopping block if they don't.

Even if 100% healthy they have a bad offensive line and bad linebackers. You don't win like that.

Now, AJ Green being healthy puts more points on the board so we do probably win 1-2 more games.
Reply/Quote
Changes to a losing program begin with new coaches and new philosophy with respect to offensive and defensive line play. Why do you think the Steelers still win without LeVeon Bell or James Conner? I hate Pittsburgh but their lines are so good any skill players can just “plug in.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:55 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Changes to a losing program begin with new coaches and new philosophy with respect to offensive and defensive line play. Why do you think the Steelers still win without LeVeon Bell or James Conner? I hate Pittsburgh but their lines are so good any skill players can just “plug in.”

That’s definitely a big part of it. A HoF QB don’t hurt either.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:55 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Changes to a losing program begin with new coaches and new philosophy with respect to offensive and defensive line play.  Why do you think the Steelers still win without LeVeon Bell or James Conner?  I hate Pittsburgh but their lines are so good any skill players can just “plug in.”
This^

Those lines make all of the difference.

Skill players can just come right in and shine.

They always have RBs, Wrs, TEs that come in and shine.

It's not because they hit home runs at the skill positions necessarily but they have better odds to succeed.

Busted line plays will damage talent in a heartbeat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s definitely a big part of it. A HoF QB don’t hurt either.

I’ll agree halfway. A great quarterback is good to have but if he’s under pressure all the time he’ll look like a bust. As evidence I submit a man named Manning: Archie Manning. If the Saints had drafted some protection for Archie like they’ve done for Drew Brees they would have broken some offensive records. Archie was that good.

Sometimes I see a parallel between Archie Manning and Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Love the passion from these two

I just read your OP, now my prediction.

A bunch of fans will bash MB versus saying it is nice to say players step and say they are the problem, they need to fix it.

If I am wrong, I will eat crow, but sadly I won't be. MB is the owner, he or his family will likely always be the owner. So if you feel the MB family does not want to win or is not capable to win, I have a simple question. Why are you still a fan? No one is forcing you to be a Bengals fan. If the team gives you that much misery, by all means use your brain and go find greener pastures, no one should stay in forced misery, not forced by MB or his family, forced by own decision to be miserable.

I am frustrated as anyone, but MB is going nowhere. I make a conscious decision to be a fan knowing the Bengals may never win a playoff game or a Super Bowl. Bitching and moaning by me will never change the narrative.

So go away fire away at me if I offended you or if I was wrong on the direction the thread would go of bashing MB.

On a side note, Merry Christmas to all and God Bless.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
All this "Mike Brown doesn't want to win" bs is just that, BS. Mike Brown wants to win, he just doesn't really know how, he's stuck with a formula, and is too old and proud to change his ways. Doesn't have anything to do with "want".... stubbornness, yes. Pride, yes... lack of want, not so much
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "Mike Brown doesn't want to win" bs is just that, BS. Mike Brown wants to win, he just doesn't really know how, he's stuck with a formula, and is too old and proud to change his ways. Doesn't have anything to do with "want".... stubbornness, yes. Pride, yes... lack of want, not so much

But doesn't that right there really say that he doesn't actually care if he wins or not, which is just another way of saying he doesn't want to?  If you want to, you do whatever it takes to find a way.  You don't stick on a proven loser, do you?  Don't you at least try another way?  Maybe even try the way almost everybody else is doing it.  It's only resulted in every championship in how many years, so they might be onto something.

I'm sorry, but the evidence speaks for itself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "Mike Brown doesn't want to win" bs is just that, BS. Mike Brown wants to win, he just doesn't really know how, he's stuck with a formula, and is too old and proud to change his ways. Doesn't have anything to do with "want".... stubbornness, yes. Pride, yes... lack of want, not so much

What does he have to be proud of? Not one postseason win. He knows what it takes to win, he’s just committed to going all out to make it happen. He only wants to win his way, and when that doesn’t work, higher profits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read your OP, now my prediction.

A bunch of fans will bash MB versus saying it is nice to say players step and say they are the problem, they need to fix it.

If I am wrong, I will eat crow, but sadly I won't be. MB is the owner, he or his family will likely always be the owner. So if you feel the MB family does not want to win or is not capable to win, I have a simple question. Why are you still a fan? No one is forcing you to be a Bengals fan. If the team gives you that much misery, by all means use your brain and go find greener pastures, no one should stay in forced misery, not forced by MB or his family, forced by own decision to be miserable.

I am frustrated as anyone, but MB is going nowhere. I make a conscious decision to be a fan knowing the Bengals may never win a playoff game or a Super Bowl. Bitching and moaning by me will never change the narrative.

So go away fire away at me if I offended you or if I was wrong on the direction the thread would go of bashing MB.

I've never been more offended!!!!

Merry Christmas brother... To you, and yours.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Love the passion from these two

I appreciate both Joe and Sam for caring and how hard they really play on the field every week.. I just don't know if this ship can be turned around while they are still here Sad   

A.J. said the same stuff... and he is still stuck in the same program
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: But doesn't that right there really say that he doesn't actually care if he wins or not, which is just another way of saying he doesn't want to?  If you want to, you do whatever it takes to find a way.  You don't stick on a proven loser, do you?  Don't you at least try another way?  Maybe even try the way almost everybody else is doing it.  It's only resulted in every championship in how many years, so they might be onto something.

I'm sorry, but the evidence speaks for itself.

This. Perfect response, Mikey's actions do not even indicate he would "like" to win let alone want to. If his stubbornness , etc. always over ride his thoughts on winning then he really does not want to win. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote

Mike Brown wants to win, he just wants to win by sticking to a strategy that hasn't worked for the past 27 years. Makes sense to me.  

Its like me...I want to be a competitive body builder but I want to do it my way which involves not working out and eating ice cream 3 times a day all day. Call me stubborn if you must, but I want to win.  I have too much pride to change my ways.  You gotta respect that.  
Reply/Quote
If they don’tstart build the offense around Joe Mixon, making him a superstar, the kid needs to move on as soon as he can to a place that will use him the way they should.

This means exhausting all options to fix that Oline and recreating a stale playbook, one that finds ways for him to get multiple touches in the run and pass game, a’la The Rams.

I’m so tired of watching this team waste talent.

Reply/Quote
All jokes aside, I would much rather see this than acceptance. I think Hubbard was the steal of that draft and Mixon could have been an All-Pro if they used him more earlier in the season.

I still hope Gio goes to the slot and they both get on the field at the same time. If the coaches don't know what to do with Gio, look at what Philly does with Sproles to get him the ball in space. Then again, it would take our coaching staff an entire offseason to change a couple plays because they are SO BUSY.

Geez, I can't even do one post without being sarcastic or negative anymore. Thanks, Bengals! You turned one of your biggest optimists in to a pessimist.
Reply/Quote
I'll echo the sentiment that it's nice to see Mixon show some passion and desire to win, but that sort of thing can turn into "get me out of here" resentment if he doesn't feel his desire to win is being matched by the organization. With that being said, Mixon going on and on on a weekly basis about what losers the Bengals are could get old quickly. He assures everyone that this losing stuff is only temporary, so wait 'til next year, I guess.

My quick take on Mixon is that his zeal for making statements could really become an issue if his optimistic resolve starts to crack.
Reply/Quote
We’ve heard this before from players who cane from big college programs. As much as I like their passion and motivation, the list of teams who never/rarely have a losing season is extremely small. And things would be different in college too if the top 32 college teams only got to play each other every year. A lot more “mediocrity.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read your OP, now my prediction.

.....well many of us were fans before Mike Brown ruined our team. Piece of shit deserves all of the vitriol he gets and then some.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote