Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon at practice
He was suited and practiced but was limited. Good news!
Reply/Quote
I'd bet he'll have a full practice tomorrow or Friday. Marvin said the sun is shining when asked about his playing this week.

Glad he's back

:andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
glad hes back just hope hes 100% and not rushing back
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:22 PM)magikod Wrote: glad hes back just hope hes 100% and not rushing back

I could see him maybe having a snap count, but if they feel he can go all game, then that's a win for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He was suited and practiced but was limited. Good news!

and gio DNP
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: and gio DNP

Yeah, I read Gio got pretty banged up last Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, I read Gio got pretty banged up last Sunday. 

Gio is tough as nails. He'll be ready come Sunday.
Reply/Quote
great news! The way he was running around at the Falcons game, I figured he was either going to be ready to play or join the Ben-Gals... Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I could see him maybe having a snap count, but if they feel he can go all game, then that's a win for us.

I'm going to get scorched for this but I don't see all the hype. I know he was good in college and I see the potential but, I just don't see this dominant runner everyone talks about. He gets wrapped up in the back field just as much as Gio, and yes the line is iffy at best yet Gio has a better YPC. And assuming we are going to win just because he's playing is just nuts. Like I said I see the potential, but I see potential all over the field, what makes his potential that much better than the next guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm going to get scorched for this but I don't see all the hype. I know he was good in college and I see the potential but, I just don't see this dominant runner everyone talks about. He gets wrapped up in the back field just as much as Gio, and yes the line is iffy at best yet Gio has a better YPC. And assuming we are going to win just because he's playing is just nuts. Like I said I see the potential, but I see potential all over the field, what makes his potential that much better than the next guy.

I don't think you're going to get scorched, and not sure about the word "hype".  Joe Mixon is a special player and so is Gio.  They both have special skills and both are needed for this team to be successful.  

I think the hype, if that's what you want to call it, refers to a RB that is big and powerful, yet has special abilities outside of just running the football between the tackles.  Gio also has this ability but not necessarily the ability to pound it up inside play in and play out for an extended period of time, that's all.  You're talking about 25 or more pounds on Mixon and that makes a huge difference in a one-on-one situations against defenders in open space.  Gio is just not going to run through as many tackles for extra yardage as Mixon.

Mixon = size and speed, Gio = quickness / toughness

What Gio did against Carolina and Atlanta was amazing but it took its toll on him - he got pretty banged up.  

Both are special players and compliment each other very well.  And both will be needed to keep each other fresh through the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I don't think you're going to get scorched, and not sure about the word "hype".  Joe Mixon is a special player and so is Gio.  They both have special skills and both are needed for this team to be successful.  

I think the hype, if that's what you want to call it, refers to a RB that is big and powerful, yet has special abilities outside of just running the football between the tackles.  Gio also has this ability but not necessarily the ability to pound it up inside play in and play out for an extended period of time, that's all.  You're talking about 25 or more pounds on Mixon and that makes a huge difference in a one-on-one situations against defenders in open space.  Gio is just not going to run through as many tackles for extra yardage as Mixon.

What Gio did against Carolina and Atlanta was amazing but it took its toll on him - he got pretty banged up.  

Both are special players and compliment each other very well.  And both will be needed to keep each other fresh through the season.

This.   I'd go ahead and keep Rawls on the 53 for sure.  Nice deep stable needed for playoff level of play.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I don't think you're going to get scorched, and not sure about the word "hype".  Joe Mixon is a special player and so is Gio.  They both have special skills and both are needed for this team to be successful.  

Agree with this post. Both backs are really good at what they do.

What makes Joe special is that you see a similar blend of talent to what other dominant RBs in the league have.

He has the build to withstand punishment in the NFL. He never missed a game in his seasons at Oklahoma, and comes into the NFL with little to no injury history. 

Has a 40 time that is faster than Alvin Kamara, and .03 behind Ezekiel Elliott. 

Has shown receiving ability that is similar to the Kamara and DJs of the world.

Has the explosion through the hole that you see from guys like Gurley.

And best of all is his ability to break tackles from the first and second line of defense, so that he can get to the 3rd level. That's where RBs can be gamebreakers. Break tackles vs the big guys, and now you are 1-on-1 with a safety, and have a better chance of getting by them. Can take a run from any part of the field and take it to the house.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote:  Like I said I see the potential, but I see potential all over the field, what makes his potential that much better than the next guy.

Forget "potential" and look at actual production.

In the 2 games he played this year he averaged 90 yds rushing with a 4.7 ypc and added 57 receiving yards with a 9.5 avg.

He was on pace for 1888 yards from scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm going to get scorched for this but I don't see all the hype. I know he was good in college and I see the potential but, I just don't see this dominant runner everyone talks about. He gets wrapped up in the back field just as much as Gio, and yes the line is iffy at best yet Gio has a better YPC. And assuming we are going to win just because he's playing is just nuts. Like I said I see the potential, but I see potential all over the field, what makes his potential that much better than the next guy.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/09/bengals-highlights-joe-mixon-wows-spinning-preseason-td-bears/

This isn't hype or potential. The balance, making guys miss, breaking tackles, spin move, speed, power. Yes I know it's one play and that doesn't make a career. And Gio has had some awesome YAC as well. But Mixon just has more in his box of tools.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Gio is tough as nails. He'll be ready come Sunday.

Gio was a no go at Thursday's practice too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Very well said.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was on Sirius Thursday morning and talked about Mixon and players rehabbing in general. He said they have a dedicated pole cam that stays on Mixon the entire practice so they can go over his practice with him, see what he sees and what he misses. As for his health, they have gps sensors all over him and can tell from the computers if a player is favoring a body part. He didn't come out and say it, but expect Mixon to play Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin was on Sirius Thursday morning and talked about Mixon and players rehabbing in general. He said they have a dedicated pole cam that stays on Mixon the entire practice so they can go over his practice with him, see what he sees and what he misses. As for his health, they have gps sensors all over him and can tell from the computers if a player is favoring a body part. He didn't come out and say it, but expect Mixon to play Sunday.

But I always hear that Mike Brown is the cheapest SOB in the league! Who paid for such technology?

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Gio was a no go at Thursday's practice too

We can't have RBs who give it their all for just 1 game lol, unless that's the SuperBowl.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But I always hear that Mike Brown is the cheapest SOB in the league! Who paid for such technology?

Brown got it to beta test it for the technology company for first month of the season. He has to give it back next week.  
Reply/Quote