Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon challenges commish to coin flip
Reply/Quote
13 grand. More than Mac Jones.
Reply/Quote
Part of me wishes he'd cool off and not keep kicking the dog. But the bigger part of me loves that they're not dropping this. It's a chip they're carrying on their shoulder. Making Goodell hand them the Lombardi is the only real insult to the NFL who holds the rest of the cards, but I like that the passion isn't dipping from these guys feeling like they got shafted by their own league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:11 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Part of me wishes he'd cool off and not keep kicking the dog.  But the bigger part of me loves that they're not dropping this.  It's a chip they're carrying on their shoulder.  Making Goodell hand them the Lombardi is the only real insult to the NFL who holds the rest of the cards, but I like that the passion isn't dipping from these guys feeling like they got shafted by their own league.

I'd LOVE if they won the Super Bowl and Goodell goes to hand Burrow or Zac the trophy and Mixon interrupts them, pulls out a coin, and flips it to see who goes and gets the trophy from Goodell!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They should have just pretended to flip a coin. Nobody in the crowd would probably actually see the quarter anyway, and if there was no prop there could be no fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I'm still beyond pissed about this.  They basically eliminated the ability (which they would have earned) to rest their starters and Baltiwhore was out there to injure for the next week.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd LOVE if they won the Super Bowl and Goodell goes to hand Burrow or Zac the trophy and Mixon interrupts them, pulls out a coin, and flips it to see who goes and gets the trophy from Goodell!

That would be great lol

(01-13-2023, 05:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm still beyond pissed about this.  They basically eliminated the ability (which they would have earned) to rest their starters and Baltiwhore was out there to injure for the next week.  

Baltiwhore...

Nice. Wink
Reply/Quote
Why is he poking the bear? Does he want to get fined?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be great lol

I loved the idea so I tweeted it to Mixon ThumbsUp

I'm a funny cripple sometimes!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I love Joe lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 05:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They should have just pretended to flip a coin. Nobody in the crowd would probably actually see the quarter anyway, and if there was no prop there could be no fine.

Exactly!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Pratt kills me. He's got to be a ton of fun to hang with.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pratt kills me. He's got to be a ton of fun to hang with.

Other than yelling at Lou Anorumo on Twitter to play him on 3rd downs
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Other than yelling at Lou Anorumo on Twitter to play him on 3rd downs

You, on the other hand, seem like you would be zero fun to hang out with, with all the negativity.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Other than yelling at Lou Anorumo on Twitter to play him on 3rd downs

Could you be any more dramatic?  Or wrong?
Reply/Quote
this is bogus. He should have gotten a suspension in addition to being expelled from the game. But an identical fine to Mixon? seriously? 1 physically attacked a trainer who was out on the field to deal with an injured opponent and the other hurt the commissioner's feelings. And they are treated the same

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 06:54 PM)pally Wrote: this is bogus.  He should have gotten a suspension in addition to being expelled from the game.  But an identical fine to Mixon?  seriously?  1 physically attacked a trainer who was out on the field to deal with an injured opponent and the other hurt the commissioner's feelings.  And they are treated the same

You can thank the collective bargaining agreement for that.  Under the CBA the NFL has a fine schedule.  A first Unsportsmanlike Conduct comes with a $13,261 price tag.   Both acts were considered as such.  While one is worse than the other, under the fine schedule they are treated the same as far as financial penalty.  Here is the 2022 fine schedule for those interested.

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/accountability-fines-appeals/

I thought this was Walker's 2nd offense but it looks like he was not fined for his ejection during the Bills game earlier this year.  So they must have cleared him from that one for some reason.   I can't find why just that he wasn't fined

Sure we can argue that Walker should have been punished more harshly, perhaps including a suspension.  But none of that affects what Mixon was fined.  He was fined according to the NFL/NFLPA's agreed upon schedule of infractions and fines for a first offense unsportsmanlike conduct.   Using a prop falls under the rules of Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Article 1 Prohibited Acts.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote