Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Reports Have Me Worried This Week
There's a lot of them to major players, and a bunch didn't practice or were limited today, including Price.

Other than Price, maybe Marvin figures that they don't need the practice because they're veterans:

Quote:Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

A.J. Green status update: Marvin Lewis said Green is "fine." Lewis said Green may have aggravated an old injury from college in the Panthers game. "He seemed to come around very quickly with the anti-inflammatories. We're very fortunate with that. Because I didn't know what he had injured. He was complaining about both sides." Lewis said both hips hurt and Green also landed awkwardly on his shoulder. "Sometimes football is ugly," Lewis said.
4h

Seems like AJ will be fine, which is huge because he changes how entire defenses defend us.

Quote:Marvin Lewis said Joe Mixon and Billy Price are doing well with their respective injuries. "Joe's doing great. I don't know what he'll be listed at this week ... but we're very happy and pleased with he and Billy's progress. Very positive reports. And we have a chance to have all hands on deck here soon, and that's exciting. But Joe's youth and everything I think is playing a big part. I think Billy's youth is playing a big part. We'll keep the glass half full and keep moving on."
4h

Again, seems precautionary but Marvin's optimism is a good sign IMCO. The half full comment also sounds like cautious optimism, which is good to have when you're not sure.

Quote:Bengals WR A.J. Green was listed as limited in Wednesday's practice with a pelvis injury. It had also been described as both a groin and hip injury. RB Joe Mixon did work on the rehab field but was officially listed as not practicing, along with Billy Price. Also limited: Giovani Bernard (thigh), Preston Brown (ankle), Darqueze Dennard (calf), Cordy Glenn (knee), Michael Johnson (knee) and Dre Kirkpatrick (groin). Kirkpatrick mentioned he needed to heal up on Monday, but didn't say why. Tyler Eifert (back) was a full participant, as he has been all season.
32m

None of that sounds too serious, so, like I said, hopefully they're just giving them the day off to heal.

We need to be at full strength and back to how we looked in the first two games!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 05:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a lot of them to major players, and a bunch didn't practice or were limited today, including Price.

Other than Price, maybe Marvin figures that they don't need the practice because they're veterans:

Seems like AJ will be fine, which is huge because he changes how entire defenses defend us.

Again, seems precautionary but Marvin's optimism is a good sign IMCO.  The half full comment also sounds like cautious optimism, which is good to have when you're not sure.

None of that sounds too serious, so, like I said, hopefully they're just giving them the day off to heal.

We need to be at full strength and back to how we looked in the first two games!

Yeah we are definitely banged up, but I think the good sign is that the major players are recovering well. What worries me is Dennard, and of course Eifert is back on the list. Hope it isn't anything serious...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 05:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a lot of them to major players, and a bunch didn't practice or were limited today, including Price.

Again, seems precautionary but Marvin's optimism is a good sign IMCO.  The half full comment also sounds like cautious optimism, which is good to have when you're not sure.

Isn't Wednesday the day the vets usually take off?
Reply/Quote
Our offense will manage.

My question is whats the status of Preston Brown?

We need our LBers back in the worst way.
Reply/Quote
It’s Wednesday. Panic when it’s Friday. I see all but Mixon/Price playing. Hopefully Rawls is ready to go, but I would like to see running back we drafted get another shot as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 05:38 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah we are definitely banged up, but I think the good sign is that the major players are recovering well. What worries me is Dennard, and of course Eifert is back on the list. Hope it isn't anything serious...

Well jokingly I mentioned on the game day thread that I'm sure Eifert got hurt on that last play, seems he really did. Sob my bad guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 07:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Our offense will manage.

My question is whats the status of Preston Brown?

We need our LBers back in the worst way.

Well, the injury report listed Preston Brown as limited in practice from the ankle.  If he was only "limited" on the traditional veteran's rest day, I'd guess that he plans on playing this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the injury report listed Preston Brown as limited in practice from the ankle.  If he was only "limited" on the traditional veteran's rest day, I'd guess that he plans on playing this week.

Thanks! That is good news! ?
Reply/Quote
Why even mention Eifert when he was a full participant in practice......
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 09:29 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Thanks! That is good news! ?

Well, I'm taking it as good news.  If he was on the rehab field doing work, I'd be much more concerned.  But, since they have him listed as limited, means he practiced with the team, just didn't do everything that everyone else did.  It gives me hope that he's going to be in the game this week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I don't see a lot of "attitude" out of AJ Green (although I sure wasn't expecting the beat down on the Jags DB), but I think there has been and always will be a competition between AJ and Julio so I think AJ really wants to play this week.  Hope we get him close to 100%
Reply/Quote
The two guys we need back right now in the worst way are Preston Brown and AJ Green for this game.

Need to stop the run and need AJ out there competing and taking pressure off of Boyd, Eifert and Ross.

Plus i want to see the AJ/Julio duel.

Want Price out there but Hopkins has played admirably in his absence so far and want Price 100% before bringing him
back just like Mixon. These are our young studs of the future, take it slow with these two. Gio will do fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 05:38 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah we are definitely banged up, but I think the good sign is that the major players are recovering well. What worries me is Dennard, and of course Eifert is back on the list. Hope it isn't anything serious...

(09-26-2018, 08:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well jokingly I mentioned on the game day thread that I'm sure Eifert got hurt on that last play, seems he really did. Sob my bad guys.

(09-26-2018, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why even mention Eifert when he was a full participant in practice......

Pretty sure Eifert has been listed every week for his back.

I figured it was similar to when Tom Brady was listed for something like 20 straight games with the same injury that kept him out of nothing.  If I remember correctly it was some arm or shoulder injury, when in reality it was probably something like bruised skin and they kept him listed to try and screw with the opponent's preparation.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins did good against the Rats but against the Panthers not so much. He looked Bodine like more than once.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 02:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopkins did good against the Rats but against the Panthers not so much. He looked Bodine like more than once.

Yeah...... I saw him get pushed back a few times and it had me worried.
Reply/Quote