Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon deleted his Twitter?
(02-27-2021, 03:41 AM)Trademark Wrote: you're still bringing that up when him and the girl made up and he's been clean since? Shut up

Here's how it works... When you're stupid enough to punch a girl (and that's what she was) in public, on surveillance video, you don't get to live it down. The fact that he's pseudo famous doesn't change or excuse anything. If you did that, it'll still be hampering your life by showing up on background checks. Who cares if they "made up"? You honestly think Mixon doesn't hear about it to this day on the field from opponents? If he's not, they need to step their trash talking game up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im pretty sure Mixon checks both boxes, anyways. 

Lucky for him, assault isn't really the "hip" thing to cancel people over.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 11:33 AM)jason Wrote: Here's how it works... When you're stupid enough to punch a girl (and that's what she was) in public, on surveillance video, you don't get to live it down. The fact that he's pseudo famous doesn't change or excuse anything. If you did that, it'll still be hampering your life by showing up on background checks. Who cares if they "made up"? You honestly think Mixon doesn't hear about it to this day on the field from opponents? If he's not, they need to step their trash talking game up.

There is a lot of domestic abuse among NFL players. I doubt it’s used as trash talk on the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There is a lot of domestic abuse among NFL players. I doubt it’s used as trash talk on the field.

That wasn't domestic though... That was in public with small children watching with wtf looks on their faces. He'd hear about it every time I stuffed him at the line of scrimmage... It happens all the time. Not that Mixon wouldn't truck me. He'd hear about it when I got up and regained my composure (and caught my breathe) though.

He was a kid, and it shouldn't define him. We've ALL done shitty things that we knew we shouldn't. But it happened, and he's gotta live with it. He got off easier than most 18 year olds in Norman, Oklahoma would've.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:39 PM)jason Wrote: That wasn't domestic though... That was in public with small children watching with wtf looks on their faces. He'd hear about it every time I stuffed him at the line of scrimmage... It happens all the time. Not that Mixon wouldn't truck me. He'd hear about it when I got up and regained my composure (and caught my breathe) though.

He was a kid, and it shouldn't define him. We've ALL done shitty things that we knew we shouldn't. But it happened, and he's gotta live with it. He got off easier than most 18 year olds in Norman, Oklahoma would've.

I'd say NFL players would laugh at anyone who had to resort to something from college to talk trash about.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd say NFL players would laugh at anyone who had to resort to something from college to talk trash about.

I've heard John Randle used to study up on his opponents' personal life to get his material... I guess it comes down to how good you are at doing it, and how good you are at your craft. Gary Payton, Randle, and Larry Bird were probably the kings of trash talk, but they could more than back it up.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 03:41 AM)Trademark Wrote: you're still bringing that up when him and the girl made up and he's been clean since? Shut up

I'd be very curious to hear the details about how they "made up".   Are you talking about when Mixon and his attorney settled out of court, and they were able to "talk privately and put this behind them" (Code words for pay out a monetary settlement)?

He fractured four bones in the poor girl's face.  She had to have hew jaw wired shut and lost feeling in her face for months.

Now, I'm not going to post the video as we don't need to watch it again and it's easily searchable, but Mixon's initial police statement is a doosie.

"The gay dude ... he called me something," Mixon said in the video. "He was like, 'n-----.' So then I was like, 'you got me messed up.' And then I called him a f-g. And after that, the girl, she dropped her purse, that's when she came in my face, pushed me, and then my glasses came off, and then, like, I had, like, jumped at her, like, to watch out. And then she came in my face. I put my head down. And she swung on me.

"And after that, like, I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me. And after that, like, my face went boom, my reaction was just right there."

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever read in my entire life.  The girl barely pushed him and then half-assed slap him.

You read each person's accounts on the night and come to your conclusions.  But I think anyone who is looking at objectively can come away with the idea that Joe Mixon, at least on the night, was piece of shit scumbag.

I hope he's changed.  I don't think that incident should affect his entire life, nor his current earnings, but I don't think it's something you can ever forget either.  It was such monsterous act that it's always going to follow him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd say NFL players would laugh at anyone who had to resort to something from college to talk trash about.

Yeah, ok.  I'm sure Manti Te'o never got trashed talked for his fake girlfriend.
Reply/Quote

Even if you were talking trash to Prince Shembo? 

I'm also sure thy never talk trash about beating each other in college.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

That’s where Brady got his material for Honey Badger.

“You high brah?! Go smoke another doobie pothead!”
Reply/Quote
Shane Falco's disastrous Sugar Bowl performance followed him years down the line.

Even after living on a house boat, and removing himself completely from the game, it lived on. So much so that when he was a replacement player for the Washington Sentinels, he still heard about it from opposing defenses.
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a long offseason.... We should be watching the NFL Combine right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lucky for him, assault isn't really the "hip" thing to cancel people over.

Ray Rice should have bided his time. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 02:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lucky for him, assault isn't really the "hip" thing to cancel people over.

Tons have people have been canceled for assault lol.. Just happened to Marilyn Manson.... Johnny Depp will be soon too...
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 06:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well damn will make sure to hold any mistake you made against you for all time then.

People can make mistakes and better themselves mistakes do not define a person  unless they constantly repeat the same mistake.

Agree Eox.

(02-27-2021, 03:34 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Aside from that awful incident he had in college, he’s been a very nice guy in general.

I think I’m in the minority with this thought, but I believe everyone can and will make mistakes.

I will only judge a person based on how they handle themselves after said mistake. If a person makes one mistake, one time... then it’s something they did. If a person makes the same mistake, multiple times... then it’s something they do.

Mixon has done nothing but redeem himself since that horrible night.

Feel the same Pat.
Reply/Quote
Honestly this thread should just be locked now. Mixon has his Twitter back up, and we certainly don’t need to be rehashing shit from 7 years ago for the millionth time.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 07:19 PM)Tony Wrote: Tons have people have been canceled for assault lol.. Just happened to Marilyn Manson.... Johnny Depp will be soon too...

I'm not a movie buff by any means, but lordy can't someone other than Johnny Depp be in a movie for a change?  Man oh man that guy has been in everything for the past 20 years or so.
Reply/Quote