Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon deleted his Twitter?
(02-14-2021, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The internet isn't very new anymore.  Don't talk to anyone who says she is 13f because it's Chris Hansen, don't compare yourself to a Jew in the holocaust, and don't post anything Mr. Rogers wouldn't approve of.

All bets are off once you've sent Mr Rogers in that clown mask.

But in all seriousness... It just seems like social media has made it easier for all of us to see how much we hate each other. I guess it's also cool for seeing the highlights of people's lives, or what they had for dinner... Maybe even check in on what John Oates is up to. Full disclosure; I shut all of that stuff down years ago. Maybe it's different now. I'm kidding... It's not.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mixon has made some immature posts in the past.  Nothing terrible, but I am glad he is shutting it down.

Just hope there was not something really bad he posted and deleted before he quit.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:23 PM)Destro Wrote: All I have is a facebook and that is mostly to see local things. I post maybe 2-3 times a ear. Social media is one of those things people pretend are important but really are not.

AGREED
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a wise decision to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just don't know. I'd just don't have a warm and fuzzy about Mixon. I feel like something is or has been brewing.

First the injured foot that was suppose to be "a couple games" then it was "day to day" which turned in to a season ending injury. And now, he just drops off the grid, no buh-bye, see ya later.

I don't know...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart is the worst about posting stupid stuff on social media. I wish he was the one shutting it down.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 02:10 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I just don't know. I'd just don't have a warm and fuzzy about Mixon. I feel like something is or has been brewing.

First the injured foot that was suppose to be "a couple games" then it was "day to day" which turned in to a season ending injury. And now, he just drops off the grid, no buh-bye, see ya later.

I don't know...

He's one year into a 3 year contract that paid him extremely well. He's fine.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 04:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's one year into a 3 year contract that paid him extremely well. He's fine.

You know, for being a "real fan", one who is much better than the "so called fans" who you claim shouldn't even be able to post on Jungle Noise, you would think you'd actually know a little bit about the team you claim to be so passionate about.

He signed a 4 year extension, not a 3 year extension.  And last year was actually not even year one of that, as it was already on the books as part of his rookie contract.  His new bases kick in in 2021, leaving him signed for '21, '22, '23, and '24.

Normally I wouldn't nitpick anyone else's post this much.  But I find it absolutely astonishing just how uniformed someone can be that proclaims to be such a supporter of this team.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 06:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, for being a "real fan", one who is much better than the "so called fans" who you claim shouldn't even be able to post on Jungle Noise, you would think you'd actually know a little bit about the team you claim to be so passionate about.

He signed a 4 year extension, not a 3 year extension.  And last year was actually not even year one of that, as it was already on the books as part of his rookie contract.  His new bases kick in in 2021, leaving him signed for '21, '22, '23, and '24.

Normally I wouldn't nitpick anyone else's post this much.  But I find it absolutely astonishing just how uniformed someone can be that proclaims to be such a supporter of this team.

well look at you..... good for you, you pointed out an error. Go give yourself a cookie.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bobby Hart is the worst about posting stupid stuff on social media.  I wish he was the one shutting it down.

Yeah!!! He's not allowed to have his own opinion unless it matches mine!!!! Shut him down!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:07 PM)Mer Wrote: Yeah!!! He's not allowed to have his own opinion unless it matches mine!!!! Shut him down!!! Ninja
very good straw man

nobody is saying that. They're just saying he's quite annoying
Reply/Quote
the internet killed any chances of disassociation with the Bengals for me.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: very good straw man

nobody is saying that. They're just saying he's quite annoying

Him giving up sacks IS annoying, but the man is allowed to have his own opinion.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 06:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, for being a "real fan", one who is much better than the "so called fans" who you claim shouldn't even be able to post on Jungle Noise, you would think you'd actually know a little bit about the team you claim to be so passionate about.

Joe Mixon's contract is more team friendly than people realize. He can be cut and designated a post June 1st cut and only the Bengals only eat 2.7m dead cap even this off-season the very first year of the extension.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 11:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Joe Mixon's contract is more team friendly than people realize. He can be cut and designated a post June 1st cut and only the Bengals only eat 2.7m dead cap even this off-season the very first year of the extension.

I just looked at Spotrac and Over the Cap.  Really not sure how that works, but I have to think something is wrong with Over the Cap's post June 1st numbers.  It doesn't make sense that a post June 1st cut in 2021 results in less dead cap that pre June 1st cuts in 2022 and 2023.

It looks like we only absorbed about 2.5 mil of a 10 million dollar signing bonus in 2020, leaving 7.5 mil remaining as sure fire cap hits.  Not sure about other guarantees or bonuses. but I don't see any possible way we could get out of that deal this offseason and only be left with 2.7 mil.

Regardless, I don't think it's necessarily an "unfriendly deal".  I was merely pointing out that Superfan Sled should be more informed if he's going to pretend like he's such a better fan than everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 11:14 AM)Mer Wrote: Him giving up sacks IS annoying, but the man is allowed to have his own opinion.

... And he's so bad at his job that only we know that he's a bigot. Nobody else knows who he is. The old tree falling in a forrest when nobody's around to hear it. But all in all, you're correct. The man's entitled to his opinion. His teammates (and his coaches) seem to like him, and he's not hurting anybody, so whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 10:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: well look at you..... good for you, you pointed out an error. Go give yourself a cookie.

Can I have one too? Preferably one laced with weed. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:07 PM)Mer Wrote: Yeah!!! He's not allowed to have his own opinion unless it matches mine!!!! Shut him down!!! Ninja

Bobby said that the fact the some prescription medication has to be refilled proved that it did not work.

He is allowed to have that opinion.  It is just a little embarrassing to have a Bengal post something like that.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bobby said that the fact the some prescription medication has to be refilled proved that it did not work.

He is allowed to have that opinion.  It is just a little embarrassing to have a Bengal post something like that.

I'm sure a lot of Bengals post embarrassing things. Heck, every time a "Professional" former "College" athlete posts something that isn't correct English they should be embarrassed.

But that's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 04:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's one year into a 3 year contract that paid him extremely well. He's fine.

Let's hope!!  It would be great to watch JMix run for a 100 every game, Burrow throw for 300 every game. And a defense that holds opponents to 21-24 pts a game.

I need to stop. I'm getting a little light headed and dizzy typing and picturing this...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote