Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon gets snippy towards fans
(09-15-2019, 06:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Especially on defense. We knew the offensive line was bad, but the defensive line should be a strength.

You mean the same D-line that we thought was a strength last season? 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Especially on defense. We knew the offensive line was bad, but the defensive line should be a strength.

Outside of Atkins and Hubbard our defensive line is massively overrated. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: That’s pretty tame for a response immediately after getting curb stomped. It’s better that he’s angry about the loss vs. being at the oh well stage.

Ida know, saying "If you think you can do better, you do it" is a pretty "Oh well" statement, as I see it.  It's closer to "Oh well" than it is to actual anger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy to come play and suck ass for a half million
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:26 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'd be happy to come play and suck ass for a half million

Hard to say...a single snap in the NFL and I'd probably need half a million bucks to cover my medical expenses, not to mention a long and grueling rehab stint.
Reply/Quote
Does our team even have 100 rushing yards on the year yet? We all saw it in the preseason: we cant run the ball. We are one dimensional with a shaky at best offensive line—its a recipe for days like this. We'll have sundays like last week where we’re competitive because of the skill players we have, but our offensive line will get man handled this year. We still need to get a lot better up front; hopefully it happens before mixon and some of the other skill players leave town.

I was disappointed with the run defense this week too. Its sad because our team is set up where 90 percent of the time we will get out-rushed by our opponent. This means they will win time of possession and have more opportunities to stay on the field and make plays to win the game. We will be forced to throw it and have a higher likelihood of turning the ball over because defenses can tee off on dalton.

I like what they are trying to do to use our players the best we can, but we will continue to suck if we don't get better along the oline.
Reply/Quote
I'd try my hand at 1 YPC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
im 43 and well overweight but im pretty sure I could get more than 1 YPC.

Only problem is I can't play like EVERY down
Reply/Quote
Gio only had 1 ypc to Mixon's 1.5 so I guess we should can them both and put anyone else in.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:33 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: im 43 and well overweight but im pretty sure I could get more than 1 YPC.  

Only problem is I can't play like EVERY down

Neither can Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, saying "If you think you can do better, you do it" is a pretty "Oh well" statement, as I see it.  It's closer to "Oh well" than it is to actual anger.

Yeah, not a big deal.  I'd rather have them piss and moan about the fans then each other.  Then the wheels would really fall off and quickly.  So, yeah, Joe, really I sucked today the way I didn't boo you and got that sunburn watching that shit show.  Whatevs.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Maybe he should get snippy at the front office for thinking one first round pick is all we needed to fix the oline.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:25 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Outside of Atkins and Hubbard our defensive line is massively overrated. 

Didn’t see Hubbard do anything today so I would put him in the overrated category or one game wonder. I am starting to think Geno doesn’t have much gas left in the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:09 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Maybe he should get snippy at the front office for thinking one first round pick is all we needed to fix the oline.

And then he can take his #28 to another team and win the SB?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, saying "If you think you can do better, you do it" is a pretty "Oh well" statement, as I see it.  It's closer to "Oh well" than it is to actual anger.

I guess you could look at it that way. I didn’t hear the tone of his voice. Idk.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:14 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I guess you could look at it that way. I didn’t hear the tone of his voice. Idk.

I didn't either, but "If you can do better, you do it" seems more like something you say when your wife complains about how you load the dishwasher.  It's just so damn mundane.  It's a shrug in a statement. Also, Mixon and Gio are averaging 1.5 and 1.0 YPC, so what he is saying is more along the lines of "We are in a hopeless situation." Not good.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And then he can take his #28 to another team and win the SB?

I think the Patriots are happy with their RBs.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gio only had 1 ypc to Mixon's 1.5 so I guess we should can them both and put anyone else in.

Mixon will rush for 450 yards on the season on 300 carries and get paid $15 million per.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:22 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I think the Patriots are happy with their RBs.

They don't seem like the type of franchise that only looks to add talent when they have a gaping hole, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They don't seem like the type of franchise that only looks to add talent when they have a gaping hole, though.

No, they just sign players like Antonio Brown for cheap.
Reply/Quote