Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon gets snippy towards fans
(09-15-2019, 07:27 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: No, they just sign players like Antonio Brown for cheap.

So they'll get Mixon if/when he goes full cancer mode on poor Mike Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody's snippy right now. It's understandable.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So they'll get Mixon if/when he goes full cancer mode on poor Mike Brown.

They did with Dillon.  However, for some reason I don't think they are interested in Mixon.  With White, Michel and Burkhead (over Hill) they just don't seem to want or need a guy like Mixon.

I know that fans on here love the guy, but I don't think he is has the support around the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:34 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: They did with Dillon.  However, for some reason I don't think they are interested in Mixon.  With White, Michel and Burkhead (over Hill) they just don't seem to want or need a guy like Mixon.

I know that fans on here love the guy, but I don't think he is has the support around the league.

I was mostly joking, but if the Pats could put Mixon in their RB stable they would.  What team wouldn't?  Any GM with eyes can see the guy is a victim of the system and the line right now.  But I'm getting us off track here.
Reply/Quote
Mixon needs to shut up. This is years of seeing this team suck so the fans should boo another year with a crap team. He should just say that he doesn’t blame them for booing and that they need to figure this out.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously, why would anyone find this statement offensive.

Snowcones are free for everyone!

Yeah. Mixon is one of the few guys who have talent plus effort plus a hatred of losing. That's actually the kind of response i would prefer from a player towards a bunch of overweight middle-aged drunk guys. 

It's the guys that want to go out and "have fun" and then go home to their family and say things like how it puts losing into perspecitve blah blah. If you don't have a drive and want to win and have a bitter angry taste in your mouth when you lose then **** you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd call Mixon a snowcone for getting his feelings hurt for fans letting him know how much his performance sucked today.

Looked like he was saying the snowcones were for the ones getting their feelings hurt about the comment.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. Mixon is one of the few guys who have talent plus effort plus a hatred of losing. That's actually the kind of response i would prefer from a player towards a bunch of overweight middle-aged drunk guys. 

It's the guys that want to go out and "have fun" and then go home to their family and say things like how it puts losing into perspecitve blah blah. If you don't have a drive and want to win and have a bitter angry taste in your mouth when you lose then **** you. 

Mixon needs to take a page from the Hulk Hogan book of winning over fans.  No matter how worthless and stupid and fat and drunk your fans are you need to say that you couldn't have done it without them.  Sure, while you were in the gym working out they were sitting on the couch and eating donuts, and while you were getting pounded into the turf they were sitting on their asses drinking beer...but you couldn't have done it without them.

The Hulkster slammed Andre because he had the power of all the Hulkamaniacs who were sitting on their asses eating pizza and drinking cheap cola.  He didn't lose to Andre and then say "I'd like to see one of you stupid xenophobic redneck losers slam this giant french guy!"

(09-15-2019, 07:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looked like he was saying the snowcones were for the ones getting their feelings hurt about the comment.

Oh, it's hard to keep track of which people who are complaining are being snowflakes and which ones aren't. Don't even get me snowflaking over how much I snowflake when snowflakes start snowflaking!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mixon needs to take a page from the Hulk Hogan book of winning over fans.  No matter how worthless and stupid and fat and drunk your fans are you need to say that you couldn't have done it without them.  Sure, while you were in the gym working out they were sitting on the couch and eating donuts, and while you were getting pounded into the turf they were sitting on their asses drinking beer...but you couldn't have done it without them.

The Hulkster slammed Andre because he had the power of all the Hulkamaniacs who were sitting on their asses eating pizza and drinking cheap cola.  He didn't lose to Andre and then say "I'd like to see one of you stupid xenophobic redneck losers slam this giant french guy!"

Oh, it's hard to keep track of which people who are complaining are being snowflakes and which ones aren't.

That was some pretty good TiC.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was some pretty good TiC.

I don't know what this means, but thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know what this means, but thanks.

Tongue In Cheek.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tongue In Cheek.

Ohh, just because our HC is a millennial doesn't mean we need to start talking in text code, damn it!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looked like he was saying the snowcones were for the ones getting their feelings hurt about the comment.

Soooo, how exactly do I get this snowcone?  I mean, will Mike mail me a coupon, or can I get one at a Wendy's with the purchase of a hamburger sandwich?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Soooo, how exactly do I get this snowcone?  I mean, will Mike mail me a coupon, or can I get one at a Wendy's with the purchase of a hamburger sandwich?

I think you get the coupon...after you buy season tickets. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you get the coupon...after you buy season tickets. 

Dammit, I knew I should have held out for the snowcone before I wrote him that damn check.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was mostly joking, but if the Pats could put Mixon in their RB stable they would.  What team wouldn't?  Any GM with eyes can see the guy is a victim of the system and the line right now.  But I'm getting us off track here.

As I have said, I don't think Mixon is as highly regarded as many on here seem to think.

Even his "Leading the AFC" is misleading as he didn't crack 1200 yards (which is what most people consider a good season by a RB).

Mixon seems to be getting the "If not for the video he would be a 1st round pick" treatment and many seem to fawn on him on here.  They think we got a steal with drafting him.

I don't think he is the victim of the "system" as much as he isn't as good as people on here seem to think.  Good or great RBs shine no matter who their OLine is, Mixon seems to need a good OLine to shine.

The Pats are definitely not the team to use as an example of a team that would rush to add Mixon.  They don't value draft pick status as much as production.  If that were the case then they would have kept Hill over Burkhead.  There is a slight chance they take him, however he won't get the excuses that he gets here, if he fails.
Reply/Quote
I didn't hear lawson's name at all in the 1st half, the 2nd half i fell asleep, glad i am getting old.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:39 PM)pally Wrote: I get he doesn't like booing but this isn't the answer. Should have stopped after the first sentence

11 carries for 17 yds.....might want to shut your mouth Joe. A solid High School RB could do better.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon will be the next in a long line of good Bengals players who forces his way out. You could see his frustration in his body language on the field.

Take a look at his numbers... I'm not sure he qualifies for any list of good Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He apologized on twitter. If that's worth anything. He was just frustrated, and many say things out of frustration they probably shouldn't. Take this board for example.
Reply/Quote