Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon hits the injury report
He has a knee injury that must have occurred in yesterday's practice. Other than that the report still looks bad. With 4 linebackers hurt do we call up Chris Worley or Brandon Bell from the PS or do we play really really thin at that position. I guess we will know more tomorrow.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If Malik Jefferson can't find the field while we are this depleted that is not a good endorsement of him as a pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: If Malik Jefferson can't find the field while we are this depleted that is not a good endorsement of him as a pick.

The way things are going they might be playing Malik’s grandma at LB

Reply/Quote
I think NFL rosters need expanded from 53 to at least 60 players.... this is getting ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think NFL rosters need expanded from 53 to at least 60 players.... this is getting ridiculous.

I think there is discussion as that as a concession possibly for 18 games in the next CBA. When you add that many people it adds to the players cut of the profits which obviously has to be negotiated. 
Reply/Quote
Great.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: If Malik Jefferson can't find the field while we are this depleted that is not a good endorsement of him as a pick.

Not a good endorsement of the coaches, namely Haslett either.

Been waiting to see this guy with all these injuries but ole Vinny Rey is ahead of him.

To the OP, hope Mixon is alright, geez. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Every season this happens to the Bengals - they get devastated by injuries. You don't see other teams constantly having whole position groups gutted by injury. Either our players are too soft and made of glass or we have the worst training and conditioning staff and program in professional sports.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that thinks we would be better without Dre K in there?

Reply/Quote
So LBs will be Evans, Nickerson, and Jefferson? In this case, Evans and Jefferson should be LBs in nickel.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So LBs will be Evans, Nickerson, and Jefferson? In this case, Evans and Jefferson should be LBs in nickel.

Or they play 3 safeties like they did last week against the Saints.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Or they play 3 safeties like they did last week against the Saints.

There's still one LB going out there. Last week it was Evans. Should Jefferson start getting some reps instead of Evans?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Every season this happens to the Bengals - they get devastated by injuries. You don't see other teams constantly having whole position groups gutted by injury. Either our players are too soft and made of glass or we have the worst training and conditioning staff and program in professional sports.

It happens to other teams every season we just pay attention to the Bengals. This year we've had 5 ACL/knee + the short term knee injuries to Gio and Mixon that's unusually high. This season Atlanta has been devastated in the DB group.  Washington has 13 players on IR which doesn't include those niggling injuries.  NE also has 13 on IR including projected regulars Hill and Burkhead plus 3 WRs.  Baltimore is beat up on the OL.  Its the nature of the game.  

Reply/Quote
Safe to say injuries have derailed this season. Not much that can be done about it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks we would be better without Dre K in there?

Most likely; given that Dennard is also out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:37 PM)pally Wrote: It happens to other teams every season we just pay attention to the Bengals. This year we've had 5 ACL/knee + the short term knee injuries to Gio and Mixon  that's unusually high. This season Atlanta has been devastated in the DB group.  Washington has 13 players on IR which doesn't include those niggling injuries.  NE also has 13 on IR including projected regulars Hill and Burkhead plus 3 WRs.  Baltimore is beat up on the OL.  Its the nature of the game.  

For some teams they just move on, find capable replacements and work around the weak spots, and for other teams it's another excuse to fail miserably. At this point I haven't heard Marvin using it as an excuse, which is good, but the also hasn't responded nearly as well as NE has. Washington is also playing decent ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think NFL rosters need expanded from 53 to at least 60 players.... this is getting ridiculous.
You are correct sir ..

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Why do we get pumped to see what the WR bench can do but not extend the optimism to the RB room?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Every season this happens to the Bengals - they get devastated by injuries. You don't see other teams constantly having whole position groups gutted by injury. Either our players are too soft and made of glass or we have the worst training and conditioning staff and program in professional sports.

It doesn't help they are in the middle of the city breathing smog everyday in shit weather.  The team needs a bubble ffs

Reply/Quote

Exactly,I was just thinking the same thing.This is almost weird.They consistantly do this.Sure,every team has some injuries,but the Bengals take it to a new whole new level.
Reply/Quote