Poll: Mixon rushes for Over 60 yards in Buffalo and averages more than 3.5 ypc
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon in Buffalo......
We all know the potential of Mixon and the faults of our O-Line.....putting all that aside do you think Mixon will rush for more than 60 yards and average more than 3.5 ypc this week in Buffalo?

I honestly think he needs a good game to more to give him, the O-line and the fans some confidence going into week 1 in Indy.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I don't think he will be getting a ton of snaps in the game. Marvin has already made the "we know what he can do" statement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Possible but I don;t see him playing more than maybe halfway through 2nd quarter, so i would guess 5 to 8 carries depending on the flow, down and distance, game plan. I will look less at yardage and YPC and how we do situational, for example 3 and shorts, 1 and ten type carries.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see if Brian Hill can repeat what he did in game p2. Mixon will define his status this season.
Reply/Quote
I expect heavy doses of Hill and Carson, so they can decide who to keep.....
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect heavy doses of Hill and Carson, so they can decide who to keep.....

This, and Walton too. Yet hope the competition is between Carson and Hill as Sled suggested. 

Think only way Mixon tops 60 yards is if he breaks a long one mostly because do not see him getting a whole lot of touches. 

Believe he will have a great year though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect heavy doses of Hill and Carson, so they can decide who to keep.....

From what I'm hearing on here both seem pretty good.  I'm not too sure if they already do, but it would   Be nice if one can play an important role on special teams Like Cedric peerman.  Maybe we could keep both?  What you guys think?
Reply/Quote
One thing you can count on is if Mixon only gets a small handful of carries and not much to show for them a few folks here will declare him to be a  bust and say he should be cut or traded. 
In fact you can just about place a bet in Vagas over such foolishness.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:21 PM)jorev5 Wrote: From what I'm hearing on here both seem pretty good.  I'm not too sure if they already do, but it would   Be nice if one can play an important role on special teams Like Cedric peerman.  Maybe we could keep both?  What you guys think?

That's where Walton comes into the equation. He's better than both on ST's, but both are better running backs. If it's strictly RB's, it's Hill and Carson. If Simmons gets a say, it's Walton and one of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: One thing you can count on is if Mixon only gets a small handful of carries and not much to show for them a few folks here will declare him to be a  bust and say he should be cut or traded. 

I haven't seen anyone who has suggested we cut Mixon. I do, however, think he should be required to earn the starting job over Gio.

Perhaps a better question:

Better YPC in Buffalo Gio or Joe
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 11:18 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't think he will be getting a ton of snaps in the game.  Marvin has already made the "we know what he can do" statement.

yes he has and the team is rusty as hell and needs to be on the field for dress rehearsals until 2nd half like normal AWESOME teams do!!! therefore I voted YES!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't seen anyone who has suggested we cut Mixon. I do, however, think he should be required to earn the starting job over Gio.

Perhaps a better question:

Better YPC in Buffalo Gio or Joe

I would roll with Gio on that one. However, to answer the OP, I agree with many. He's probably not going to get a significant # of snaps so I had to vote no. Still more to learn from the other RB's.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 02:05 PM)RASCAL Wrote: yes he has and the team is rusty as hell and needs to be on the field for dress rehearsals until 2nd half like normal AWESOME teams do!!!  therefore I voted YES!!!

What Rascal here said, Mixon needs quite a few carries to get into a rhythm. That way he will already be feeling good
going into the opener. He probably won't get any in the last Preseason game but i expect him to get atleast 10 carries
and he should start to get it together so i voted yes as well.

10 + carries, 60+ yards, better than 3.5 YPC.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Rascal here said, Mixon needs quite a few carries to get into a rhythm. That way he will already be feeling good
going into the opener. He probably won't get any in the last Preseason game but i expect him to get atleast 10 carries

It would be a good confidence boost thats for sure.

Reply/Quote
I don't think he will get 60 yards due to lack of carries and some struggles on the O-line. I think the running will make or break our season. If we can run the ball this year it could make us a dangerous team with play action pass. It feels like it's been forever since we've been able to run the ball effectively.
Reply/Quote
I'm more interested in seeing Tra Carson vs Brian Hill for RB4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Rascal here said, Mixon needs quite a few carries to get into a rhythm. That way he will already be feeling good

I'd like to see him go about 80 yards, in one play.  Would really give the division something to think about.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Well the heavy dose needs to be on special teams.. if they are fighting for the 4th RB, it won;t come down to how they run but how they play on special teams. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 11:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm more interested in seeing Tra Carson vs Brian Hill for RB4.

Me too bbut every year I bang the drums for Carson only to see him get moved to practice squad.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: One thing you can count on is if Mixon only gets a small handful of carries and not much to show for them a few folks here will declare him to be a  bust and say he should be cut or traded. 

Pfffft, no need to go all the way to Vegas for such nonsense.

We can do that now in New Jersey, Deleware, and other fine states!
Reply/Quote