Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon in awe of Brady
Not a feel good story considering how the Pats sign our guys and Mixon’s contract is coming up...

I also realize I’m a bit jaded.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-jersey-bengals-joe-mixon-swap
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine the Patriots' offense with Joe Mixon and AJ Green? Bill Belichick can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 03:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Can you imagine the Patriots' offense with Joe Mixon and AJ Green? Bill Belichick can.

And has I’m sure...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 03:32 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Not a feel good story considering how the Pats sign our guys and Mixon’s contract is coming up...

I also realize I’m a bit jaded.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-jersey-bengals-joe-mixon-swap

Damn near every player in the NFL right now grew up watching Tom Brady, there is nothing really weird about idolizing the guy. Most players would love to go play in NE because of the culture but that culture includes not making top dollar outside of a select few positions, and HB isn't one of them. That diversion of culture and monetary desire is why NE doesn't get all the FA's in the world, because in the end guys want paid early in their career which is why NE tends to be a 3rd contract type stop. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/17/21024322/bill-belichick-patriots-joe-mixon-joe-mixon-nfl-running-back-rankings

Not good...
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:03 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/17/21024322/bill-belichick-patriots-joe-mixon-joe-mixon-nfl-running-back-rankings

Not good...

Paranoid much?
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon and AJ Green will eventually join other former Bengals in New England: Rex Burkhead and Marshall Newhouse. Isn’t James Develin, another former Bengal, still active with the Patriots?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Mixon and AJ Green will eventually join other former Bengals in New England: Rex Burkhead and Marshall Newhouse.  Isn’t James Develin, another former Bengal, still active with the Patriots?

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Patriots lure AJ away next year. And honestly I'd like to see him end it with some playoff success.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Mixon and AJ Green will eventually join other former Bengals in New England: Rex Burkhead and Marshall Newhouse.  Isn’t James Develin, another former Bengal, still active with the Patriots?

Develin is on the Patriot's IR

and you forget Mohammad Sanu

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Patriots lure AJ away next year. And honestly I'd like to see him end it with some playoff success.

He's going to be franchise tagged so the only way they could lure him away would be to trade for him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Patriots lure AJ away next year. And honestly I'd like to see him end it with some playoff success.

So in essence the bengals are NE's minor league team?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:48 PM)pally Wrote: Develin is on the Patriot's IR

and you forget Mohammad Sanu

Good point! I was mostly focusing on players who went directly from the Bengals to the Patriots but Mohamed Sanu is another fine example of the Bengals seemingly being a feeder team to the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: So in essence the bengals are NE's minor league team?  

Not like the Patriots have taken players the Bengals had and had success with them. What do they know about winning, anyway? 

Wait, how many playoff games? And Super Bowls? Where's the edit button?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: So in essence the bengals are NE's minor league team?  

We are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
If he leaves here after the Cordy Glenn he pulled this year...I hope nobody takes him and his football days are over. He owes this team a year and a half of football...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:11 PM)JSR18 Wrote: If he leaves here after the Cordy Glenn he pulled this year...I hope nobody takes him and his football days are over. He owes this team a year and a half of football...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One of the incentives NFL owners have to not make their franchise the absolute pits is that you can threaten to send disruptive players to the unemployment line or trade them to a worse franchise.  We are so bad that getting rid of malcontent players is a huge reward to them.  Whoops!

Firing someone shouldn't be a reward, but here we are. I assume we tag him and force him to stay here, not unlike King Koopa kidnapping the princess in order to force her to marry him...or something.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:03 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/17/21024322/bill-belichick-patriots-joe-mixon-joe-mixon-nfl-running-back-rankings

Not good...

But Oswalds Legacy says he sucks!

Surely he knows more than Bill Belichick lmfao

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of the incentives NFL owners have to not make their franchise the absolute pits is that you can threaten to send disruptive players to the unemployment line or trade them to a worse franchise.  We are so bad that getting rid of malcontent players is a huge reward to them.  Whoops!

Firing someone shouldn't be a reward, but here we are.  I assume we tag him and force him to stay here, not unlike King Koopa kidnapping the princess in order to force her to marry him...or something.

Who Dey I'd be ok with tagging him and forcing him to stay here (like I said, and not a lot of people agree is that he owes this team and fans by default 1 1/2 years of football).

Or, tagging him and trading him, thereby controlling where he goes.

As if you couldn't tell, I'm not the "let bygones be bygones" type.... Rant  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote