Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon in elite company
Last year Joe Mixon at 21 years old, rushed for 626 yards and had 287 receiving yards. Not impressive, right? No big deal, right?

Think again.

What if I told you there are only 11 other backs ever that put up at least 625 yards rushing and 250 yards receiving in a season at the age of 21. Who are the 11 you say? I thought you’d never ask:

Edgerrin James
Ezekiel Elliott
Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Barry Sanders
Clinton Portis
Leveon Bell
Eric metcalf
Maurice Jones-Drew
Lesean McCoy

What he accomplished was rare even in what many might consider a lackluster rookie campaign. But in reality all he did was put himself in the ranks of pro bowl, hall of fame type players.

The sky is the limit for this kid. Enjoy the ride.

Reply/Quote
This looks like a fredtoast post.

Good job TRD.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:02 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Last year Joe Mixon at 21 years old, rushed for 626 yards and had 287 receiving yards. Not impressive, right? No big deal, right?

Think again.

What if I told you there are only 11 other backs ever that put up at least 625 yards rushing and 250 yards receiving in a season at the age of 21. Who are the 11 you say? I thought you’d never ask:

Edgerrin James
Ezekiel Elliott
Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Barry Sanders
Clinton Portis
Leveon Bell
Eric metcalf
Maurice Jones-Drew
Lesean McCoy

What he accomplished was rare even in what many might consider a lackluster rookie campaign. But in reality all he did was put himself in the ranks of pro bowl, hall of fame type players.

Wow, that is a bit surprising but that is really young. I expected him to be much better but with that O-line i just
could not judge him, i saw a lot of that talent on display it just never really burst through cause of that O-line.

Cannot wait to see what this guy can do with actual holes to run through. Rare talent, no RB in the NFL has more
raw talent IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: no RB in the NFL has more raw talent IMHO.

Icky Woods has Cold Cuts!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Icky Woods has Cold Cuts!

Love it! One of the best commercials of all time. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Impressive list
Reply/Quote
Let's hope he goes on to have the same type of career some of those guys had. Certainly has the talent.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If he can avoid any serious injuries he's got the goods to light things up. Let's just hope he doesn't follow in the footsteps of one Jeremy Hill and end up signing a free agent contract in NE.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:02 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: What he accomplished was rare even in what many might consider a lackluster rookie campaign. But in reality all he did was put himself in the ranks of pro bowl, hall of fame type players.

Dont get me wrong, I have high Hope's for Mixon and think he was the first or second best back in his draft. But almost all of the people on that list averaged at least .5ypc better then him and had 1000yd seasons.

FredToast post indeed. Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 10:32 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Let's hope he goes on to have the same type of career some of those guys had. Certainly has the talent.

If Mixon stays healthy he has a puncher’s chance...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 11:53 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If Mixon stays healthy he has a puncher’s chance...

I get it!

Reply/Quote
It's the glass half full hour staring Fredtoast..  I can think of worse things to have to endure .  :andy:
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I look forward to seeing what Joe Mixon can do behind an improved offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 12:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I look forward to seeing Joe Mixon

[Image: 122931havana-cuba-sloppy-joe-jr-just-fou...d517330626]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Dont get me wrong, I have high Hope's for Mixon and think he was the first or second best back in his draft. But almost all of the people on that list averaged at least .5ypc better then him and had 1000yd seasons.

Thats OK. He accomplished a rare feat as a rookie on a team setting records for its historically shitty offense. 

With some blocking and a better supporting cast nothing but up arrows on the stock report
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 08:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats OK. He accomplished a rare feat as a rookie on a team setting records for its historically shitty offense. 

With some blocking and a better supporting cast nothing but up arrows on the stock report

Not to mention splitting time with Jeremy hill and gio.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 12:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I look forward to seeing what Joe Mixon can do behind an improved offensive line.

No doubt !

If you took away half the times he was hit at the los or in the backfield, and it was a lot, his yards per carry would jump significantly. 

You could see he has good vision, agility, power, speed, the whole package on those occasions when he had a semi clean hole.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 09:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No doubt !

If you took away half the times he was hit at the los or in the backfield, and it was a lot, his yards per carry would jump significantly. 

You could see he has good vision, agility, power, speed, the whole package on those occasions when he had a semi clean hole.

Totally agree. Was frustrating seeing people about how much better some of the other rookie RBs were when anyone watching could tell they were getting first contact 4 yards downfield while mixon was at the line of scrimmage on a good run. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Dont get me wrong, I have high Hope's for Mixon and think he was the first or second best back in his draft. But almost all of the people on that list averaged at least .5ypc better then him and had 1000yd seasons.

that might be b/c those other teams had very good O-lines.....

& last yr our O-line sucked...

if we block, Mixon should put up BIG numbers....
Reply/Quote
As much as I think Mixon is talented and will blow up behind an improved line, his rookie season was entirely forgettable...aside from a couple of games after the scheme switch. When he did that "feed me" act it was always cringe worthy. I gotta admit, I was hoping for a little more humble out of him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote