Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon injuried
Sitting on cart on sidelines icing left foot/ankle. Walking gingerly per Jim O.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/3/16092180/joe-mixon-suffers-injury-bengals-training-camp
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have heard a couple people already call it more of a precaution than anything. They said he ran another couple plays before shutting it down, including one where he ran a route. I think we are okay.
Reply/Quote
You know someone who is key is going down. It's the way shit goes. It's not if, it's when. Looks like a bullet has been dodged here though.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You know someone who is key  is going down. It's the way shit goes. It's not if, it's when. Looks like a bullet has been dodged here though.

[Image: debbie-downer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's doing fine. Chill out guys.
Reply/Quote
Just a bruised heel.....would have still played in a game

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You know someone who is key is going down. It's the way shit goes. It's not if, it's when. Looks like a bullet has been dodged here though.

I know it, I freakin dread this time of year. No reason this many players around the league are getting hurt already. Some for the season. So if Mixon just has a sprain and it keeps him off the field for a week or so, I'm fine with that. I know players need to practice but damn it's nerve racking. I would be very curious to see how many college players get injured in the pre season compared to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Got a kick to back of foot, he put his shoe back on and and walked to sideline not limping or anything and watched rest of practice.
Reply/Quote
I hate Cincy jungle. They made it sound like a severe injury
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: debbie-downer.jpg]

That's right.
Reply/Quote
Whew! at first glance, I thought uh-oh here we go again! But, maybe the man upstairs is finally looking down on us!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:26 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Just a bruised heel.....would have still played in a game

According to Hobson, who said Iloka would just be a couple days... right before the team announced he'd be out for 3-4 weeks.
According to Hobson, who said Eifert was just a bone bruise and wouldn't miss any games... right before he missed the first 6 games entirely.
According to Hobson, who said Dalton would be back for the Postseason... right before he didn't start throwing again for like 3 months.

Hobson's injury reporting is about as reliable as a one-legged blind guard dog.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I read this an hour ago and lost consciousness, hit the floor and evidently pissed myself. Glad he is doing ok. Damn! We need a guardian angel. Whoops, here comes the outcry. Ok, we also need guardian thoughts.

Whew, that was close.

Reply/Quote
Personally, I really don't care if Mixon sits out this year. I have faith Hill and Gio can handle the load. Mixon has not even played a regular season game yet to see how he does and people are panicking.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:21 PM)treee Wrote: He's doing fine. Chill out guys.

You do know we're Bengals fans right?  It's our God-given right to throw an irrational sh*t fit at the slightest sliver of adversity.

In all seriousness though I'm beyond glad he's okay.  I can now wipe away the half gallon of sweat from my brow.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I hate Cincy jungle. They made it sound like a severe injury

They do seem to make every small thing about the team seem like a serious news item.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Personally, I really don't care if Mixon sits out this year. I have faith Hill and Gio can handle the load.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Is he fine or do i need to go buy some beer

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 07:52 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Is he fine or do i need to go buy some beer

I'm drinking just in case!

Reply/Quote