Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon is Le'veon Bell Jr.
I know Bell is s Steeler unfortunately but seriously with the way Mixon runs he reminds me of Bell. He has the same patience and vision and cutback ability. He really looked good for his first game, I am excited for this season.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:14 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know Bell is s Steeler unfortunately but seriously with the way Mixon runs he reminds me of Bell. He has the same patience and vision and cutback ability. He really looked good for his first game, I am excited for this season.

I never thought about his running style before, but I could see that. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 04:58 PM)BoBengal Wrote: I never thought about his running style before, but I could see that. 

Let's hope he's a little more durable.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 05:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Let's hope he's a little more durable.

isn't that the truth...... :andy:
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Glad the crowd was behind him. Didnt get to watch much. But on the one Mixon touch i saw the crowd supported him.

With his skills and some confidence we have a guy who should have been drafted top 10.

Should be nice. Especially with the way Hill likes to take himself out of the game.

We have some hard cuts to make. Keeping 3 rbs makes it a little easier. Gio hill and mixon is all we need at rb. Put carson on ps.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:14 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know Bell is s Steeler unfortunately but seriously with the way Mixon runs he reminds me of Bell. He has the same patience and vision and cutback ability. He really looked good for his first game, I am excited for this season.

Honestly, I was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching the game but didn't want to make that kind of claim on such a small sample size.

Mixon has amazing vision and can pick his spots and explode to full speed in an instant.  I also saw where his abilities as a receiver reminded me of Bell, which is great for us.

Even if he slows down, it's only to find his spots where he can accelerate to full speed in an instant, whereas Hill just tip-toed through the lines and in the backfield ever since the fumble.

Let's hope Marvin sees the light and doesn't give Hill the majority of the carries out of loyalty!  I hope that Mixon gets all the goal line carries over Hill because he'll be the one that got us down there, so reward the man!  Don't let Hill steal his glory and then dance around like he did all the work!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glad the crowd was behind him. Didnt get to watch much. But on the one Mixon touch i saw the crowd supported him.

With his skills and some confidence we have a guy who should have been drafted top 10.

Should be nice. Especially with the way Hill likes to take himself out of the game.

We have some hard cuts to make. Keeping 3 rbs makes it a little easier. Gio hill and mixon is all we need at rb. Put carson on ps.

If I remember correctly, I liked what I saw out of Carson.  I might keep him over Hill if Mixon can prove that he can handle short-yardage because that's all Hill would be good for anyways, unless we want to keep him for injury insurance, but Carson and Gio might be able to carry the load.
Reply/Quote
Mixon will be better than Bell. Bell is nothing special in my book, just an above average RB. Mixon could be special.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets stop putting pressure on Mixon. He only played one pre-season game and he needs time to develop. The starting defenses will look much better. He looked good, but maybe Tampa Bay looked bad too. Could he be the next Ezekiel Elliot on the field? We already know about off the field for both guys.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I like the kid, but in no way am I ready to crown him the next Cory Dillon until he can prove he has what it takes. 
Just remember running backs are notorious for flaming out early in their careers and I'm not ready to throw in the towel for Hill. He's been relatively healthy most of his pro career. He's never had a great run blocking line to work with. Perhaps the new line will surprise everyone. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If I remember correctly, I liked what I saw out of Carson.  I might keep him over Hill if Mixon can prove that he can handle short-yardage because that's all Hill would be good for anyways, unless we want to keep him for injury insurance, but Carson and Gio might be able to carry the load.

Hill looked very good last night. Peerman is in jeopardy in my opinion and should be as he is not a good RB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:09 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Mixon will be better than Bell. Bell is nothing special in my book, just an above average RB. Mixon could be special.

Lol..... bell is amazing. The best vision/patience since ladanian Tomlinson.

You don't average 160 yards per game(2016) or 120 per game (for your career) when you are "just above average". That is up there in the best of all time zone
Reply/Quote

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 11:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol..... bell is amazing.  The best vision/patience since ladanian Tomlinson.

You don't average 160 yards per game(2016) or 120 per game (for your career) when you are "just above average". That is up there in the best of all time zone

Yeah...Bell is the best RB in the league now. To say that Mixon will be way better than Bell is nonsense.

Hopefully Mixon can rush for 1400 yards one day. I do think they have similar running styles.
Reply/Quote
Looked good to me and so did Hill.

Really seemed well liked by his teammates on offense and defense too. Everybody was high fiving him on sideline way more than anybody else by far.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:09 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Mixon will be better than Bell. Bell is nothing special in my book, just an above average RB. Mixon could be special.

Bell is one of the top 3 backs in the league right now. 

Mixon has the tools to climb to those heights.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mixon is tougher than bell.
Reply/Quote

And not such a dumbass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 05:11 AM)McC Wrote: And not such a dumbass.

Ummm.......  Well...... 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 05:15 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Ummm.......  Well...... 

He did one thing at seventeen and nothing since.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote