Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mixon is the reason this team is successful this year..
He's 4th in rushing, and I know people will say the defense is the reason they are better than last year. I think It changed the whole dynamic of this offense... The Bengals record has to be high when he rushes around 100 yards... If they can keep sustaining that, they will be hard to stop.. No wonder Mixon loves Pollack...
Reply/Quote
Well, he's about to be 3rd and possibly 2nd,

Henry is done for the regular season and Chubb still has a bye week coming.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Actually a good point.

You could make the case the offense should run through him.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, he's about to be 3rd and possibly 2nd,

Henry is done for the regular season and Chubb still has a bye week coming.

Chubb and Cook will both quickly make a gap. Chub is averaging 106.4 yards per game, and Cook 91.8.

Assuming Mixon stays healthy, he'll probably finish 4th in rushing. He needs to up the YPC if he wants to pass them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't agree with that I think the improved offensive line, a healthy Joe, and of course a true #1 WR in Chase.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It’s been the defense and the big play so far. But teams are taking chase away, so now it’s Joey mixon time
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:23 AM)Tony Wrote: He's 4th in rushing, and I know people will say the defense is the reason they are better than last year. I think It changed the whole dynamic of this offense... The Bengals record has to be high when he rushes around 100 yards... If they can keep sustaining that, they will be hard to stop.. No wonder Mixon loves Pollack...

I think it is the synergy of the offense that will make them successful.  The fact that if defenses crowd the box to try and stop Mixon, Chase can burn you.  Ditto Boyd, Higgins, and Uzo if you stay in a cover 3 shell underneath.  

This offense can beat you so many ways.  It is really exciting to see them start to unleash the rushing attack as a point of emphasis. 

I hope the offensive line responds.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still don’t have the line right for Mixon to be top 2. But top 5 is where he usually is when he’s healthy
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon has played a small part but the biggest reason for Cincinnati’s success this has been the improved defense and Burrows play. The past couple of weeks, Joe has been bad, but before then he was genuinely playing like a top QB.

Despite Mixons improvement, the run game still isn’t very good. This team is going to live and die by Burrow. Mixon and the run game aren’t good enough to carry this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chubb and Cook will both quickly make a gap. Chub is averaging 106.4 yards per game, and Cook 91.8.

Assuming Mixon stays healthy, he'll probably finish 4th in rushing. He needs to up the YPC if he wants to pass them.

Hunt is finally returning in Cleveland so I think with the emergence of Johnson they may actually go into a 3 back rotation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:23 AM)Tony Wrote: He's 4th in rushing, and I know people will say the defense is the reason they are better than last year. I think It changed the whole dynamic of this offense... The Bengals record has to be high when he rushes around 100 yards... If they can keep sustaining that, they will be hard to stop.. No wonder Mixon loves Pollack...

Mixon is definitely a part of it. It is a mixture of a lot of things, having a somewhat decent OL and OL coach as you say in Pollack,
having a top QB when he is on his game, having weapons that you have to account for and the play of our DL and overall Defense.

Plus us having the least amount of penalties in the NFL sure helps. Taylor and company coming around coaching might be the main
reason, sucky coaching can cause even the most talented team to be unsuccessful.
Reply/Quote
‘I’m ready to put the city on my back’

Reply/Quote
Mixon dominated today, there is an argument that it was the best game of his career. I don't think he is the reason this team is successful, per se, but he had a huge hand in helping win today and last week. Really impressive coming out of the bye.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ‘I’m ready to put the city on my back’

Yep....and the CBS Post Game crew agrees with the OP. It seems the run game is hitting its stride at just the right time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mixon is ONE of the reasons this team is successful this year. There are many other reasons as well.
Reply/Quote
That line was moving dudes. Easily the best run game I’ve seen from the O-line since ZT has been here.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon dominated today, there is an argument that it was the best game of his career. I don't think he is the reason this team is successful, per se, but he had a huge hand in helping win today and last week. Really impressive coming out of the bye.

Yep. If he can stay close to that 5.9, he will start to be more of the reason. Quantity + quality today and he put it in the EZ twice to boot. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ‘I’m ready to put the city on my back’

And that has been years. As bad as they were the past two years, he was playing hard in years and games that "didn't matter." Injuries have indeed hurt him, but games like this was money for him. Burrow had 190 yards. Mixon carried his way down the Steelers throat and took their will to play away. Angry run last week, he was amped to go. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. If he can stay close to that 5.9, he will start to be more of the reason. Quantity + quality today and he put it in the EZ twice to boot. 

Yep, 100%. At 5.9 per pop, your run game is a genuine weapon. You still have consistency issues, but your usually going to be offsetting those by big plays/plays that make it worth it. Look at Cleveland and Indy. Indy's run game averages 0.06 expected points added per rush, which would rank 19th for EPA per PASS play. That's very strong. 
Reply/Quote

Thanks for bumping.. lol, I was coming for it lol...
Reply/Quote