Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mixon leads team in sacks...
Guys, the bengals won. Quit noticing things that aren’t good. I’m super cereal
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Any former running backs on the board?

I feel like being a good pass blocker as a RB is all effort.

I hate to say I’m insinuating Mixon doesn’t care about run blocking because his actions say the opposite. But no way he cares THAT much because he’s so bad at it. And he’s bad as a big running back.

No, it’s actually a super cerebral skill set and why most rookies can’t be on the field for 3rd down. Finishing is somewhat effort but recognizing IN TIME who you need to get is a lot of film and playbook studying.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He could not be anymore awful in pass blocking.   Also, Saints without starting QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, DE, CB1 played with a lot of guts. A very good team would have won comfortably.

I think these days, that's really hard to say about any team. Whether it's subconsciously or not, good teams do tend to play to the competition. Doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself, you're not going to be as 'up' as you would be against a top team. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Guys, the bengals won. Quit noticing things that aren’t good. I’m super cereal

mmmmmm. Cocoa Pebbles. Garfield

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mixon was bad last season also at picking up rushers. Perine last year was terrible at it but worked on it and is better this year.

Perine wasn’t bad last year in pass blocking according to PFF. He manhandled Micah Parsons
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:45 PM)Tony Wrote: I think one of those he was releasing  for a checkdown/ screen...

The 2nd one he might have been but he ran right into the offensive lineman's back (again) and the blitzer ran right past him..who knows but it looked awful?  

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Any former running backs on the board?

I feel like being a good pass blocker as a RB is all effort.

It’s the want too. Blocking isn’t hard and sometimes it physically hurts. It is a mentality. I wanted to block…loved doing it. I admired Walter Payton because he was great at running the ball and great at blocking. One of the best all round backs ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Tiger

On any other team he'd be running the ball on down and distance. With this coach your pass blocking on 2&3 or 3&2. I thought that Zac would change things up after a rough week of criticism. This will catch up with Zac down the road for all eyes to see. The Cleveland Browns are the biggest threat in the AFC as much as I hate to say it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think this is one of the most unenjoyable wins we have had.  How is it we celebrate offensive flashes while a team with with practice players at skill positions, no starting WR's and their backup QB goes for 400 against our Top 7 defense?  I walk away with a ton of respect for the Saints vs our Top ranked defense, Elite QB, Top RB, and #1 WR core....

I am thankful for every win and wouldnt be as pissy if this was a fluke game and our outstanding players were playing at a high level other games, but the truth is we are not on the same tier as the Bills & Chiefs at this point in time, hopefully we keep getting better.
Fortunately for New Orleans, Ingram and Kamara aren't PS players.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fortunately for New Orleans, Ingram and Kamara aren't PS players.....

True, but game planning for RB's with zero starting WRs and a backup QB shouldnt be that difficult.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 07:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Perine wasn’t bad last year in pass blocking according to PFF. He manhandled Micah Parsons

You trust PFF? Perine gave up 4 sacks directly last season. This season he is much better because...he put in the effort to learn the skill and top it correctly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

On any other team he'd be running the ball on down and distance. With this coach your pass blocking on 2&3 or 3&2. I thought that Zac would change things up after a rough week of criticism. This will catch up with Zac down the road for all eyes to see. The Cleveland Browns are the biggest threat in the AFC as much as I hate to say it.

LOL

Have you even watched the Bills or Chiefs play?

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: You trust PFF? Perine gave up 4 sacks directly last season. This season he is much better because...he put in the effort to learn the skill and top it correctly. 

You are overrating that he improved so much from last year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think this is one of the most unenjoyable wins we have had.  How is it we celebrate offensive flashes while a team with with practice players at skill positions, no starting WR's and their backup QB goes for 400 against our Top 7 defense?  I walk away with a ton of respect for the Saints vs our Top ranked defense, Elite QB, Top RB, and #1 WR core....

I am thankful for every win and wouldnt be as pissy if this was a fluke game and our outstanding players were playing at a high level other games, but the truth is we are not on the same tier as the Bills & Chiefs at this point in time, hopefully we keep getting better.

We weren't on the same tier as the good teams last year either, until we were.  It's a long year, we can continue to get better hopefully.
Reply/Quote

I am thankful for every win and wouldnt be as pissy if this was a fluke game and our outstanding players were playing at a high level other games, but the truth is we are not on the same tier as the Bills & Chiefs at this point in time, hopefully we keep getting better.

I feel your pain Casear. I'm still pissed from the Steelers loss. But the truth also is there's a lot of parity in the league now. How many teams were 2-2 couple weeks ago 15 ? Now there's like 10 that are 3-3 including the Buccaneers, Rams, Packers, and Ravens. Teams that everybody had killing everybody.

The Raiders and Boncos that were penciled in to be contenders are stinking up the joint. I don't feel as bad about where we are now as I did couple weeks ago. There's a lot of football left. And we seem to be getting better. There's a lot of truth in "it's not how you start, it's how you finish."

As far as Mixon goes I think he'll improve as well as the season goes on. At least get up to being decent (running) his pass blocking ummm ?
Reply/Quote
Mixon has never been good at pass blocking unfortunately. Perine is better at it, but to not completely telegraph that a pass is coming we need to give Perine some carries early on to keep the D honest. Also, I miss Gio lol
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:32 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

On any other team he'd be running the ball on down and distance. With this coach your pass blocking on 2&3 or 3&2. I thought that Zac would change  things up after a rough week of criticism. This will catch up with Zac down the road for all eyes to see. The Cleveland Browns are the biggest threat in the AFC as much as I hate to say it.

Do you mean the AFC North? I still think that is the Ravens, not the Browns. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It all comes back to the contract.... we can get the same production perhaps better blocking for cheap.

No one would be complaining if Mixon was still on his rookie deal.

Nobody would complain about his bad blocking?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you lool back at old posts, a lot of the people complaining about Mixon's pass blocking are the same one's who wanted Gio traded.

Wish we never got rid of Gio. He had good vision, hands , and was a pretty solid blocker for his size.
Reply/Quote
Dennis Allen is a brilliant defensive mind top 5 in entire league. The Saints started milking the clock heavy from the halfway point of the 2nd quarter until the end of the game. Saints made the best of a lousy hand IMO.
Reply/Quote