Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon on rehab field
Joe is on the rehab field with his left knee in a brace, Hopefully, it is precautionary but with Bengal luck likely not. He is joined by fellow injured AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Clint Boling, Ryan Glasgow, Carl Lawson, Mason Schreck, Rod Taylor, and Rodney Anderson. I don't recall, I know Boling had back issues at the end of the season, was he nursing some other injury? Dennard is observing it all as he recovers from his recent knee scope.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Joe is on the rehab field with his left knee in a brace, Hopefully, it is precautionary but with Bengal luck likely not. He is joined by fellow injured AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Clint Boling, Ryan Glasgow, Carl Lawson, Mason Schreck, Rod Taylor, and Rodney Anderson. I don't recall, I know Boling had back issues at the end of the season, was he nursing some other injury? Dennard is observing it all as he recovers from his recent knee scope.

Bet it is precautionary, doubted we would see Mixon much at all this spring.

Let these guys heal up, would like to see Rod Taylor out there though.
Reply/Quote
I read an article that said not to expect to see much of Joe Mixon this spring. They intend on having him fully healthy and ready to go week one. They're gonna ride that horse as far as they can. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's may
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 02:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: I read an article that said not to expect to see much of Joe Mixon this spring.  They intend on having him fully healthy and ready to go week one.  They're gonna ride that horse as far as they can. Cool

I hope ZT learned something from watching Todd Gurley sit out the most important games of the year, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope ZT learned something from watching Todd Gurley sit out the most important games of the year, though.

.....and maybe that is why he's limiting him this spring and training camp.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and maybe that is why he's limiting him this spring and training camp.

Yeah, and that's grand but we're going to start with the whole "We woulda won this game if Mixon had 25+ carries!" assertions before you know it, too.  
Reply/Quote
Still early to worry.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, and that's grand but we're going to start with the whole "We woulda won this game if Mixon had 25+ carries!" assertions before you know it, too.  

Smirk .....well, yeah!

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, and that's grand but we're going to start with the whole "We woulda won this game if Mixon had 25+ carries!" assertions before you know it, too.  

I'm still in favor of a team name change from Bengals to the Woulda Coulda Shoulda's..  It has a nice ring to it..AND could fill up the entire middle of the field with a nice three word logo! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yep, it's way early ! wouldn't get real worried about any of it yet. I'd say n it easy on AJ, Eifert, and Mixon this spring and early summer.
Reply/Quote
Pretty talented squad the rehab field is sporting.
Reply/Quote

If they don't put Joe out there and run the ball they're not going to have to worry about him missing the most important games at the end of the season because there won't BE any important games at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 10:00 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If they don't put Joe out there and run the ball they're not going to have to worry about him missing the most important games at the end of the season because there won't BE any important games at the end of the season.

So much for ZT's genius taking Dalton back to 2015 form, eh?
Reply/Quote
I was pretty pissed how Mixon was handled last year. He played through a knee injury suffered in the Ravens game and ended up needing surgery. Then only missed two games after knee surgery. Mid season knee surgery for a RB and barely missing any time. I mean damn he is young and heals fast, but shit, he is an NFL RB. Hopefully whatever he is on the rehab field for is unrelated.

While I do love the way he absolutely trucks people. I wouldn't mind if he stepped out of bounds every once in awhile. Save a little wear and tear. I would love to have years and years of a top notch NFL RB. Hopefully he is on the rehab field because we have a smart head coach.
Reply/Quote
Joe's fine, they are looking at all of the unknown's to try to build some depth behind him and figure out the carousel on the O-Line.

When guy's like Ross are held out because of "tightness", which is like an everyday epidemic for myself, you know it's only May.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 02:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was pretty pissed how Mixon was handled last year. He played through a knee injury suffered in the Ravens game and ended up needing surgery. Then only missed two games after knee surgery. Mid season knee surgery for a RB and barely missing any time. I mean damn he is young and heals fast, but shit, he is an NFL RB. Hopefully whatever he is on the rehab field for is unrelated.

While I do love the way he absolutely trucks people. I wouldn't mind if he stepped out of bounds every once in awhile. Save a little wear and tear. I would love to have years and years of a top notch NFL RB. Hopefully he is on the rehab field because we have a smart head coach.

knee scope is a pretty minor preceedure
Reply/Quote
Maybe they've all got one of those mystery Hollywood ailments like in the movies where someone miraculously recovers at the last second to win WWIII or something..and will be beneficiaries of one of the mystery drugs that cures whatever whenever just because the script calls for it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2019, 11:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe they've all got one of those mystery Hollywood ailments like in the movies where someone miraculously recovers at the last second to win WWIII or something..and will be beneficiaries of one of the mystery drugs that cures whatever whenever just because the script calls for it.. 

I'm pretty sure we have seen that happen, but we are the team that loses in that final reel.
Reply/Quote
I'd leave most of my star players on the sides, we already know what they can do. We have no idea what the newbies can do though, so those are where I'd be concentrating most at. Foot work, technique, hand plancement etc.
Reply/Quote