Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Games
2 Games.

Out of the next 4 very beatable, very sub-par underperforming opponents, Zac needs to come out with 2 wins. Don't care what games.

I'm frankly being conservative. This team has the offense to beat all of them.

The o-line is protecting better and is getting healthy. The quarterback that will be the face of the franchise is in place and has proven himself effective. There are enough weapons for him to win.

If this team comes out of this 4 game stretch with less than 2 wins, Zac needs to go and so does his staff. A team with a future wins these games with a competent coach.

If he doesn't win at least 2, it's time for the family to get serious about finding someone who can guide Burrow and the franchise to meet their full potential. It shouldn't be tough to find people willing to do it. This is not January of 2019. This isn't a rudderless team clinging to a 2015 season with a limited quarterback entrenched as the starter.

It's a team with a high-ceiling leader under center waiting for the right coach to not screw it up royally.

The next 4 weeks should tell us all we need to know heading into the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:25 AM)samhain Wrote: 2 Games.

Out of the next 4 very beatable, very sub-par underperforming opponents, Zac needs to come out with 2 wins.  Don't care what games.  

I'm frankly being conservative.  This team has the offense to beat all of them.  

The o-line is protecting better and is getting healthy.  The quarterback that will be the face of the franchise is in place and has proven himself effective.  There are enough weapons for him to win.

If this team comes out of this 4 game stretch with less than 2 wins, Zac needs to go and so does his staff.  A team with a future wins these games with a competent coach.  

If he doesn't win at least 2, it's time for the family to get serious about finding someone who can guide Burrow and the franchise to meet their full potential.  It shouldn't be tough to find people willing to do it.  This is not January of 2019.  This isn't a rudderless team clinging to a 2015 season with a limited quarterback entrenched as the starter.  

It's a team with a high-ceiling leader under center waiting for the right coach to not screw it up royally.  

The next 4 weeks should tell us all we need to know heading into the offseason.
Miami is not subpar.. they are hot .. playing well at 6-3 have a chance for Division.. Giants and Wash are subpar for sure.. Dallas is a mess with Dak out but still have a lot of talent... These next four games should be good games though for Burrow and Taylor to continue to grow together and see if the Oline stays healthy and evaluate it better for next year.  As for Taylor he gets three years to shape this team with his draft picks and FA pickups.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:25 AM)samhain Wrote:  This is not January of 2019.  This isn't a rudderless team clinging to a 2015 season with a limited quarterback entrenched as the starter.  

Any coaching prospect would have been fine with a QB who was 'limited" to finishing #2 in the league in passer rating.  No knock on Burrow.  He looks like he could be that good.  But he just has not proven anything yet.

Plus that 2018 team had 6 wins.  We will be lucky to get half that many this year.
Reply/Quote
I’ve lost a lot of faith in ZT. I want to see 4 more wins this year. Anything less and I don’t think we are moving in a positive direction.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Any coaching prospect would have been fine with a QB who was 'limited" to finishing #2 in the league in passer rating.  No knock on Burrow.  He looks like he could be that good.  But he just has not proven anything yet.

Plus that 2018 team had 6 wins.  We will be lucky to get half that many this year.

I doubt they were all that fine with it in the long term.  Teams weren't exactly lining up to pay him to be their starter when they had the chance this past offseason.  The coach we hired here didn't seemed overly excited about it when he benched him mid-season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:55 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Miami is not subpar.. they are hot .. playing well at 6-3 have a chance for Division.. Giants and Wash are subpar for sure.. Dallas is a mess with Dak out but still have a lot of talent... These next four games should be good games though for Burrow and Taylor to continue to grow together and see if the Oline stays healthy  and evaluate it better for next year.  As for Taylor he gets three years to shape this team with his draft picks and FA pickups.

Why should anyone get 3 years automatically?  You want to give a guy a third season for winning 4 or 5 games in 2 years?  Nah.  Get a real coach and let him start his own process instead of wasting another year with a sunk cost like Zac.

My mistake on Miami.  I thought we has Houston in there and Miami later.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Why should anyone get 3 years automatically?  You want to give a guy a third season for winning 4 or 5 games in 2 years?  Nah.  Get a real coach and let him start his own process instead of wasting another year with a sunk cost like Zac.

My mistake on Miami.  I thought we has Houston in there and Miami later.  

Why not? Many good coaches have struggled first years with bad teams  takes time for picks to deveop. Also Burrow many take true to his word, he wants Taylor back..
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why not? Many good coaches have struggled first years with bad teams  takes time for picks to deveop. Also Burrow many take true to his word, he wants Taylor back..

Yeah but this isn't a good coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why not? Many good coaches have struggled first years with bad teams 

You do know this is Zac Taylor's 2nd year, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You do know this is Zac Taylor's 2nd year, right?

He said first yearS
Reply/Quote
Completely agree with OP. 2 wins out of these 4 is the absolute bare minimum he needs to do to even be considered for a year 3.

If he wins less than that from these next 4 then I don't know there is a single person here who could want him back. And like I said, that's the bare minimum to have the discussion. He needs to win 3 of 4, or all 4, to actually inspire some confidence and get some energy going with this team.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe the team wins another game the rest of the season now that Burrow is done for the year.
Even if Burrow wasn't out for the year, the team needed to win 4 games out of the remaining 7 (now 6) to justify keeping this coaching staff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote