Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon placed on IR
(11-21-2020, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No you couldn’t.

Sure you could.. Nothing Mixon has ever done has been better than average... I liked him to but I wish we never signed him. Now we are stuck with him. O Well,  such is the Bengals. Always a fiasco...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Sure you could.. Nothing Mixon has ever done has been better than average... I liked him to but I wish we never signed him. Now we are stuck with him. O Well,  such is the Bengals. Always a fiasco...

This is simply false. Mixon was #4 in the league in rushing yards for the 2018 season. He was #9 in rushing for 2019. There is also plenty to be impressed about with that when you look at the offensive line that Cincinnati has fielded the past few years. Joe is clearly a talented player.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Sure you could.. Nothing Mixon has ever done has been better than average... I liked him to but I wish we never signed him. Now we are stuck with him. O Well,  such is the Bengals. Always a fiasco...

Top 10 in yds 2 years in a row, and led the AFC behind a terrible OL. That’s better than “average.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 10:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bad take that you don't have him in the upper category. 

I don't think he's had a full practice all season and he missed the first 4 games outright as his shoulder is clearly not okay.

I mean, come on... you have Ross in the injured category and he wasn't even hurt when he got deactivated for games.

Ross is on IR, thus he went into that category.
Atkins has been active for multiple games in a row, as such he did not go into that category.
If he was not healthy enough to play effectively back when he was activated, he should have been on IR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 10:45 PM)Tony Wrote:  You could get his stats out of any RB.

Then why is he one of only 3 RBs to have 1100+ rushing yards each of the last two seasons?

(11-21-2020, 10:45 PM)Tony Wrote:  He's overrated as hell .

No he isn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:10 PM)Tony Wrote:  Nothing Mixon has ever done has been better than average... 

I smell a troll.

No one who follows the Bengals would say something this stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d add Sample to the not producing group. You could get similar production from an UDFA making league minimum.

Figured you would cry about $600K and ignore the obvious.

Justin Herbert...291 yd/g....102.8 rating...$4.8 million cap hit
Joe Burrow.......276 yd/g.... 89.8 rating....$6.6 million cap hit
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 09:32 PM)Tony Wrote:  These guys are such fragile bitches.

Yep, just like I guessed.

Nothing but a troll.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:14 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Never pay running backs.

This. Terrible extension/signing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 10:45 PM)Tony Wrote: I would bet anything he wasn't going to hit any of those projections... You could get his stats out of any RB. I think it was a waste of $ to sign him. He's overrated as hell and there hasn't been much drop off without him .

He hit 1100+ rushing yards and nearly 300+ receiving yards each of the past two years.
The pace he was on this year was right in line of his actual production the past two seasons, so it's actually likely he would have been close.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

Players at every position get injured.

I guess we should never pay a CB because Waynes got injured, right?

It's easier to replace and get production out of the running back spot than other position that command high dollars...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's easier to replace and get production out of the running back spot than other position that command high dollars...

Were that true, then RBs would be just like kickers in the draft, almost never taken before round 5.

We all know that isn't even close to true.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Figured you would cry about $600K and ignore the obvious.

Justin Herbert...291 yd/g....102.8 rating...$4.8 million cap hit
Joe Burrow.......276 yd/g.... 89.8 rating....$6.6 million cap hit

This might be your most ludicrous post to date. Burrow has been worth every cent. You accuse dude of being a troll, and then proceed to defend Drew Sample but bash Joe Burrow. Laughable.

Reply/Quote
I agree that RBs wear out quicker than any other position. So I agree with the theory that you should not pay a RB to play past 29. But I think Mixon deserved the contract extension he got from the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This might be your most ludicrous post to date. Burrow has been worth every cent. You accuse dude of being a troll, and then proceed to defend Drew Sample but bash Joe Burrow. Laughable.

Only 26 TEs have at least 20 receptions.  Among those 20 Sample is 8th in catch percentage.  If he could be so easily replaced with an UDFA then why don't so many other NFL teams have a TE matching his production?

I am fine with Burrow.  Love his potential.  Just using him as an example to show how some fans pick and chose who they hate based on reasons other than production or stats.  Everyone loved drafting Burrow so they don't care that he is the 24th ranked QB in the league.  Everyone hated the Sample pick so he is complete garbage even though he is 25th in the league in receptions by a TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

Players at every position get injured.

I guess we should never pay a CB because Waynes got injured, right?

Yes they do, but if you have smart cap management, you can absorb injuries at certain positions easier than others. As you noted in your previous post, Mixon did deserve to get paid, but we should have not been that team to give it to him since we're not ready to compete for at least another year or two, when there's even more wear and tear on his body. There's too many other holes to fill to keep a good RB on the roster at 10+. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  we should have not been that team to give it to him since we're not ready to compete for at least another year or two, 

There is no such thing as a 3 or 4 year rebuilding plan in the NFL anymore.  With the amount of money we spent on free agents plus adding 2 first round picks there was no excuse for not being competitive this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This might be your most ludicrous post to date. Burrow has been worth every cent. You accuse dude of being a troll, and then proceed to defend Drew Sample but bash Joe Burrow. Laughable.

Why do people engage him?

I couldn’t be here if I couldn’t ignore him. I may have to start ignoring everyone who quotes him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Some are worth it, I think Joe is.

I agree.  And I hate how everyone gets killed when they have an injury as well as the second guessing as to why they weren't placed on IR sooner or something.  

The sad fact is, Mixon probably could return and play right now if the Bengals were in a playoff race.  What is the point now?  Let him heal completely and start building toward next season?  

As someone that was completely against the initial drafting of Mixon, I have come to absolutely love the energy the guy brings to the game.  I would like to see the Bengals be more creative in how they use him AND Gio.  Why not give Gio a series instead of just third downs?  Mixon has dramatically improved his blitz pick up and I will say he is an even BETTER receiver than Gio because he has a much larger catch radius.  

I also like Gio having the opportunity to run some inside as he hides among those massive bodies at G and C.  

Joe deserved to be paid and he was slotted perfectly.  If you aren't going to pay the guys that come in and are model teammates and produce on the field, you will lose the rest of the team because they see you as just using players under the rookie contract.  
Reply/Quote

This is way off base.  What did Mixon do the last 8 games of the season last year?  Lead the NFL in rushing yards.  And he did it with very little talent on the offensive line and minimal healthy weapons.  
Reply/Quote