Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon placed on IR
Will miss at least the next 3 games.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Will miss at least the next 3 games.

WTF is the story with his foot anyway?
Reply/Quote
Never pay running backs.
Reply/Quote
commence the screaming about how it should have been done weeks ago

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Get healthy Joe. BTW, pay Spain and just keep him on the active roster. He is our best O-lineman right now IMO.

I don't want to see some team pluck him off the PS man.
Reply/Quote
Exhibit A for why you never pay RBs.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 04:14 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Never pay running backs.

Some are worth it, I think Joe is.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Some are worth it, I think Joe is.

Feel the same and if the O-line blocks for him he will show it.

Plus use him in the passing game more and he will show it.

He just needs to get better at picking up the blitz like Gio and then we can alternate them more and be less predictable.
Reply/Quote
What is it with these teams and injuries that start of as not much and then explode?
Player X has a slight sprain and is day to day. 4 weeks later his foot gets cut off.
Reply/Quote
[Image: im_shocked.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah they should have done this 5 weeks ago. I have him in fantasy and had to keep him on my bench instead of move him to the IR slot and pick up an extra player. Not to mention the Bengals could use the empty spot on their roster for another player if he's on IR.

Definitely a history of mismanagement here. Was AJ Green ever on IR last year? Every week Taylor was acting like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber.
Reply/Quote

Totally agree. Could have signed an RB at a 5th the cost with the same production (or lack of).
Reply/Quote
I like Mixon but man you just don’t pay this position anymore.
Reply/Quote

People really need to stop with this. Dalvin Cook has been worth every penny. Situations are different. It was stupid for us to pay Mixon because even when he’s healthy it’s obvious we’re a heavy passing team.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I like Mixon but man you just don’t pay this position anymore.

Cook is on pace for 1700 yds and 21 TD’s. Nobody would be saying this if we were getting that type of production.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to stop with this. Dalvin Cook has been worth every penny. Situations are different. It was stupid for us to pay Mixon because even when he’s healthy it’s obvious we’re a heavy passing team.

(11-21-2020, 06:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cook is on pace for 1700 yds and 21 TD’s. Nobody would be saying this if we were getting that type of production.

Assuming Cook stays healthy, which he has never managed to do even before he was given this huge workload (he is on pace for 365 touches in 15 games).

Cook is a whole different level talent-wise from Mixon, though. Guy can hit a homerun on any carry. Just that injury history is scary.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming Cook stays healthy, which he has never managed to do even before he was given this huge workload (he is on pace for 365 touches).

I’m seeing 309, but regardless he’s also on pace for a 5.5 avg. That’s serious production.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3116593/dalvin-cook

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m seeing 309, but regardless he’s also on pace for a 5.5 avg. That’s serious production.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3116593/dalvin-cook

21.8 carries/game + 2.5 catches a game according to PFR.

He's missed 1 game, so 15 games are the most he can play now. 

21.8 x 15 = 327 carries
2.5 x 15 = 37.5 catches
~365 touches

Maybe that projection on ESPN is literally just a projected stats, not a pace x games number?

- - - - - - - -

But yeah, serious production provided he can keep it up. I'm not real confident that he can what with his injury history. He's has been hurt in each of the last 7 years. 

2014: Labrum Tear
2015: Ankle Sprain
2016: Labrum Tear
2017: ACL Tear
2018: Hamstring Strain + Reinjury
2019: Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
2020: Groin Pull

Guy is a game changer when he's healthy. Gotta be healthy, though, in the position with the most abuse on your body.

Reply/Quote
Meh. I’m a Mixon guy but I’m starting to regret this deal. I never liked paying RBs either but I thought the deal was reasonable enough.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote